Rob Liefeld Reports For Duty with G.I. JOE

JayC

Wasting no time following up his breakout hit Major X for Marvel, Major X and Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld is bringing his blockbuster brand to the iconic G.I. JOE franchise at IDW!

SNAKE EYES: DEADGAME, coming in early 2020, will mark Liefeld’s first G.I. JOE story. Details of the storyline remain under wraps for now but the legendary creator promises the most action-packed epic of his career.

“Two words: 'BUCKET LIST,'” says Liefeld, “One more word: ‘ICON.' Snake Eyes is Wolverine, Deadpool, and Spider Man rolled into one amazing character for an entire generation of fans that thrilled to his adventures in comics and cartoons and hung on his every toy release! My parents drove me all over the county to get me G.I. JOE action figures as a kid. These were my first and most favorite toys. Working with Hasbro and all my friends at IDW has been a blast so far. I can’t wait to get this work out into the public! If you enjoyed my recent Marvel work,” Liefeld continues,” this will match or exceed it!"

“The high-octane, adrenaline-fueled action and adventure Rob brings to every comic he creates is a perfect fit for Snake Eyes, and we’re all as excited as you are to see him really cut loose on the pages of this very special G.I. JOE series!” Said Chris Ryall, IDW’s President & Publisher/Chief Creative Officer.

Check out the attached art for a taste of what’s to come and stay tuned for further details!

Snake-Eyes-Deadgame-02.jpg

Snake-Eyes-Deadgamw-01.jpg

To be honest, by the time I found about Liefeld I was out of the loop of his drawings so I don't feel any contempt for him.