Sign in to follow this  
BradDCUGeek

DC Multiverse SDCC Exclusive The Strange Lives of Batman

So Mattel sent me out the SDCC Exclusive Multiverse The Strange Lives of Batman multipack and I actually couldn't wait to review it. No matter what can be said about the actual figures one thing is certain, this is a fantastic example of grade a graphic design box art and packaging. 

Screenshot_17.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg

Screenshot_18.jpg

Screenshot_13.jpg

Screenshot_21.jpg

Screenshot_19.jpg

Screenshot_20.jpg

Screenshot_26.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg

Screenshot_29.jpg

Screenshot_28.jpg

Screenshot_22.jpg

Screenshot_25.jpg

Screenshot_44.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

Screenshot_9.jpg

Screenshot_10.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

Screenshot_12.jpg

Screenshot_24.jpg

Screenshot_41.jpg

Screenshot_40.jpg

Screenshot_36.jpg

Screenshot_37.jpg

Screenshot_38.jpg

Screenshot_39.jpg

Screenshot_43.jpg

Screenshot_42.jpg

Screenshot_35.jpg

Screenshot_33.jpg

Screenshot_34.jpg

Screenshot_32.jpg

Screenshot_31.jpg

Screenshot_29.jpg

Screenshot_30.jpg

Screenshot_48.jpg

Screenshot_47.jpg

Screenshot_46.jpg

Screenshot_49.jpg

Screenshot_50.jpg

Screenshot_54.jpg

Screenshot_53.jpg

Screenshot_52.jpg

Screenshot_51.jpg

I had no idea this set came with extra heads and mouth plates and now it's much more interesting.  Question: can the mouth plates be swapped onto any of the Batman figures in this set or just the regular one?

4 hours ago, Satam said:

I had no idea this set came with extra heads and mouth plates and now it's much more interesting.  Question: can the mouth plates be swapped onto any of the Batman figures in this set or just the regular one?

From a review I saw they all share the same mold including the head so aparently on all the batmen you can remove the mouth piece so theoretically you could put any of the mothpieces on any of the batmen heads, and coincidentaly you could also pop off any head and put on either the alien or the bruce wayne head on any of the figures.

Im intrested to see if these heads can fit one of the old DCUC Classic Batman figures, that way if someone could manage to reproduce the head part I could display a old Batman and robot Batman without loosing the regular batman from this set.

I would have liked to see that classic Batman (with the Bruce Wayne's head and a couple of batarangs as accessories) being released in the Multiverse line, that line lacked more classic stuff.

Nice review. At first glance I thought the Mattel crew had been smoking bat guava or something, but then I remembered that some of the earlier Batman and Superman comics used to have some of these weird type designs in the stories. For me its the regular Batman suit, Bruce Wayne head and the nice looking Robin even though he's not included. I'm sure lots of fans will want to get their hands on this box. Thanks