Hasbro's Next Haslab Crowdfunding Project Is A 38" Tall Sesame Street Cookie Monster

JayC

Move over Star Wars, Marvel Legends and Transformers, Hasbro's next project for their Haslab crowdfunding website will be a 38" tall Cookie Monster from Sesame Street that will cost $300 and will need 3000 backers to be given the green light for production. See the full press release with all the details below.

Press Release:

Global play and entertainment company Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), today announced an exciting new Pulse HASLAB project that gives Sesame Street fans the opportunity to bring home the ultimate collector’s item: a full-sized, poseable replica of Cookie Monster.

In celebration of Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary, fans will have the chance to own this realistic Cookie Monster replica by backing the item via HASLAB, Hasbro’s crowdsourcing initiative designed to target fans directly by putting dream products into their hands. With enough fan support the item will go into production in 2020.

Cookie Monster has been a cherished fan favorite for decades, and fans of Sesame Street will revel in the joy and magic of being able to own their own version of the beloved character. The HASLAB Cookie Monster will be a poseable full-body replica armature. Significant in both size and realism, this Cookie Monster stands 38-inches tall and comes complete with premium retro packaging, two original artwork lithographs and a Certificate of Authenticity.

“The success of our first HASLAB project in 2018 exceeded expectations, and we are excited to embark on a new project targeting a diverse fan community with the iconic Sesame Street brand,” said Tyla Bucher, vice president of global brand strategy and ecommerce marketing. “To be able to own their very own version of a character has been a wish of Sesame Street fans for years, and we’re delighted to put the opportunity into their hands for the first time.”

Beginning today, fans can head to https://hasbropulse.com/products/cookie-monster to back the HASLAB Cookie Monster for $299.99. For Cookie Monster to go into production, HASLAB must meet a minimum quantity of 3,000 backers by August 25, 2019. Once the campaign is fully backed, Hasbro will deliver final products to fans in 2020.

HASLAB is Hasbro’s fan driven platform that aspires to put dream products into the hands of fans. In 2018, more than 8,800 fans successfully funded the first HASLAB campaign, Jabba’s Sail Barge.

Fans can get more information and receive updates on the project status by visiting https://hasbropulse.com/products/cookie-monster and following @Hasbro on social media.

CookieMonster0024_updated_2000x.jpg

CookieMonster0032_updated_2000x.jpg

CookieMonster0045_updated_2000x.jpg

CookieMonster0049_updated_2000x.jpg

Sesame_Street_Cookie_Monster_2000x.jpg

Well this is surprising, who would of thought this would be the next Haslab venture. Was hoping maybe a 3 or 4 foot tall Unicron, I'm not sure Cookie Monster here will get to 3,000 backers, especially at that $300 price point.

So that dream of a huge 6 inch scale Danger Room playset is probably never gonna happen. 

Come on Cookie Freakin Monster? Why??? 

$300 for a Cookie Monster stuffed animal? I would have preferred an actual puppet. This just seems like a higher quality version of something you could win at a carnival, but if it were a real replica, you could make it come to life like they do on the show. I'll be really shocked if this gets backed.

I think this move is not aimed at us, the action figure collecting community, but is aimed at a different market. A more quasi-normie enthusiast market. It's an odd move to be sure. I've seen a lot of people in the groups upset about this, but again I don't think we're the market this time. I'm curious to see how it goes. 

• Like 1

I’m a big Muppet/Sesame Street fan and have a decent sized Muppet/Sesame Street collection.  That said this is a bit of a head scratcher.  It’s neat but essentially it’s just a large plush with I presume some type of internal frame/skeleton that allows it to maintain posses.  No way that should cost $300 in my mind.