Jurassic World: Amber Collection 6" Dr Ian Malcolm And Velociraptor Official Figure Images From Mattel

JayC

You may recall 1 year ago during the San Diego Comic Con, Mattel showed off three articulated 6" Jurassic World action figures which included Owen Grady, Ian Malcolm, and Velociraptor Blue.

Since then things have been pretty quit on the 6" Jurassic World front. Back during Toy Fair in February when Mattel failed to have any updates for this line, we did reach out to them and ask specifically what was going on with these. While light on any specifics, they did at least confirm for us the figures would still see a released and we should hear more as we got closer to the summer.

Well now it's summer and 1 week away from this years San Diego Comic Con, and with that the first official images have seemingly leaked out online via Jurassicoutpost.com. I say leaked because they have no details to go along with the images other than the official title for this sub-line which looks like will be called The Amber Collection. We can also see from the images the figures look to include display bases that look like amber.

Besides coming with Amber display bases, we can see the Velociraptor pictured here is not the one named Blue in the movies like we saw at SDCC last year. Both Malcolm and the Raptor have seen some retooling done to them since last year, but that makes sense because those were very early prototypes Mattel had out which were actually glued together to keep from falling apart. I know because I remember waiting for them to glue Malcolm back together before I could take pictures of it. My guess while probably a simple repaint, the more generic Raptor shown here an actual 4th figure, not originally shown at SDCC last year. Blue will likely still be coming when Owen gets released.

One thing that is not clear to me is whether these will be sold as individual figures or as two packs featuring 1 human figure and 1 Raptor figure. The 2-pack route seems more logical to me probably putting it in the $50 price range.

Other details like release dates, how or where these will be released and the exact cost also remain a mystery but hopefully those details will be coming before or during San Diego Comic Con which begins next Wednesday, July 17.

Jurassic-World-Amber-Collection-Mattel-6-inch-Collectors-SDCC-raw.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Easy pass, I mean those don't look half bad, but IMO 6 inch just don't work with JP as you aren't getting any dinosaur bigger than a raptor, like T- rex, I- Rex, Spinosaurus, Mosasaurus, etc.

We already got the Indoraptor (ToY 2018 in my personal awards) and the Colossal T-Rex. Both in 1:12 scale. These are must buys for me since I like mixing my toy lines anyway, and Goldblum figures are love.

• Like 1

I can confirm there will be 1:12 scale dinosaurs larger than the raptor in this line. I can also confirm that this line is called the Amber Collection. 

Other details: this line was offered to many, many retailers. Pre-orders were taken and then cancelled a week later citing that these would be exclusive to a certain retailer. No other details after that cancellation. 

Source: I recently closed a retail operation and my distributor took my pre-order for these then cancelled it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drunkwooky said:

I can confirm there will be 1:12 scale dinosaurs larger than the raptor in this line. I can also confirm that this line is called the Amber Collection. 

Other details: this line was offered to many, many retailers. Pre-orders were taken and then cancelled a week later citing that these would be exclusive to a certain retailer. No other details after that cancellation. 

Source: I recently closed a retail operation and my distributor took my pre-order for these then cancelled it. 

Thanks for the info, I'm eager to hear all the details we can get.

It's a longshot but I figured I'd ask: was there any clarity on whether or not they they would be two packs/ boxed sets? I could see Owen coming with Blue from SDCC if that was the case.

I'm hoping for a JW Claire with flair to put with the colossal T-rex. That scene was my favorite Claire moment in the series.

20 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

I could more or less agree with the colossal Rex being close to the 1:12, but what indoraptor figure do you mean?

Pretty sure he's talking about the Super-Poseable one, which does fit into the 1:12 scale (check the movie).

• Like 1