More Clues To What's Coming From McFarlane Toys For DC Comics?!?

JayC

20 minutes ago, K9K1N6 said:

Edit: however I'd obviously be more excited to see if McFarlane plans to do any Batgirl figure, i mean it can happen but who knows... Yeh, really a Batgirl nut myself hehe.

This is just the beginning, we know there was one in the plans and I'd bet we will see her later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Seems surprising that McF would have these hitting stores this soon with no announcements or reveals.  Seems like they’d want/need to promote this more.  

I've actually been thinking about that. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact the license doesn't technically change hands until 2020.

One thing that bothers me is why don't go for 6 inch scale. DC Collectibles made Icons that were not  actually american 6 inch and them shifted to 6.75 inches which is weird too and Mattel was the actually the one that made figures close to let's just say "marvel legends scale" 

Sure. They might thing that all their other licenses are made in 7 inch, but people always want to match their DC with their Marvel figures 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

I've actually been thinking about that. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact the license doesn't technically change hands until 2020.

That could be right. By the time of Toy Fair they will have the new license running and will show their stuff "officially", but a whole wave could be totally made and ready to ship just waiting for the license to change hands. 

Well, there goes my interest in this line. I was really expecting we'd get a good 6" line from McFarlane, since Mattel failed to deliver. I may get a couple of figures, but that's it, especially since McFarlane stuff is double the price in Mexico.

Hopefully we'll see some promo images before the end of the year, or they may do something similar to what happened with that Heavy Mandalorian figure that was announced and available for purchase basically the same day.

• Sad 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:33 PM, DylanRaven055 said:

Well, there goes my interest in this line. I was really expecting we'd get a good 6" line from McFarlane, since Mattel failed to deliver. I may get a couple of figures, but that's it, especially since McFarlane stuff is double the price in Mexico.

Hopefully we'll see some promo images before the end of the year, or they may do something similar to what happened with that Heavy Mandalorian figure that was announced and available for purchase basically the same day.

I think the earliest we will see promo images is the first of the year which is just over a week away. I still think there is a likelyhood we will see in-hand images first of someone who takes pics of them from a Walamrt storeroom than before we see the official images

• Like 3

Being honest i do like how the Batman figures look like i am also unsure of what to feel about it, especially the animated batman, it looks good but for some reason it reminds me of "The Batman" look maybe it's the torso part that looks like such but yeh, i do like how those 2 look so far.

• Like 2

So cats out of the bag thanks to Walmart and Brickseek. Here is a look at the Batman and DC assortments, should be up for pre-order everywhere tomorrow and will start shipping out this month, like next week or so.

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-Batman-Animated-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-02.jp g.jpeg

McFarlane-DC-Unchanied-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Unchanied-Superman-02.jpeg

McFarlane-Hellbat-01.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-02.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-03.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-04.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-05.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-02.jpg

• Like 2

Ok now I am interested. Will wait for the reviews to start popping but the comic superman is very interesting and also the animated figures given that by the looks of it DC Collectibles will not make those with accessories. So we might finally get new JL animated figures that we have been waiting for. 

About the plastic capes I also think that if those sell well people will start making custom cloth capes that fit these. 

I like the sculpts on some of them looking forward to more Arrowverse TV Series figures like some from Supergirl , The Flash and Batwoman , Superman from The CW as well. The DC Animated Universe figures of Batman and Superman I like too hopefully we get Wonder Woman next. For Future waves I do hope for The McFareline line we get more Films and TV Figures like a Christopher Reeve Superman , a Brandon Routh Kingdom Come Superman from CW'S Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and Supergirl from her CW Supergirl tv series also a Henry Cavill Superman figure as well as for the comic book based DC Comics figures try to stick to the modern comics now and do the older comic book based figures later on down the line.

Superman looks good but single joint? Batman is iffy, while animated figures look good they look nothing like animated series versions what’s the point... In short huge pass.  I  think the only figure I might get from them is future Comic book version of  Bane, I am sure they gonna make one soon enough.  And additionally, this Harley is Abomination, I hate to be negative but I can’t help it, I really wanted them to do good. 

938323CC-BBBD-4775-960F-7F34D1425A20.jpeg

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from McFarlane, but I was still expecting better than this. Weird sculpts, weird articulation (what is it with Superman's knees?), and an underwhelming selection? Not the best start of a license. I'm gonna pass.

• Like 2

Here are all the images and complete official details:

McFarlane Toys has announced official images and info for their new line of DC Comic based product due out later this month which will be up for pre-order later today. Check out all the official images below in our GALLERY. You can pre-order these at BigBadToyStore.com.

McFarlane Toys, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and DC, today revealed images and details of the highly anticipated new DC Multiverse collector figure line by McFarlane Toys, available in both mass and specialty retailers beginning January 2020.

The new DC Multiverse collector line features incredibly detailed 7-inch figures designed with an impressive 22 points of articulation. Each figure comes with a collectable card that has character-specific art and biography, multiple accessories, and a display base. MSRP is $19.99 to $24.99 USD for each figure.

“McFarlane Toys has kept the DC Multiverse action figure line-up and images top-secret, but today I’m thrilled to show fans, collectors and big kids, like me, the incredible range of DC Super Hero and Super-Villain character designs that our team has created just for them to bring home,” said Todd McFarlane, Creative Force and CEO of McFarlane Toys.

The first wave of figures includes:

Batman: Detective Comics #1000

-Batman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batman accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang

Batman: Detective Comics #1000 Variant Chase

-Batman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batman accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang
-Showcases a different chest emblem as homage to the Classic Batman

Superman: Action Comics #1000

-Superman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Superman accessory includes a flight stand for 360-degree aerial figure posing

Batgirl: Art of the Crime- Part of a 3-figure collector set -Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs - that includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-Batgirl figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batgirl accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang
-The Build-A-Batmobile features rolling wheels and is 7 inches in length when fully assembled

Nightwing: Better Than Batman - Part of a 3-figure collector set - Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs - that includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-Nightwing figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Nightwing accessories include two Escrima sticks
-The Build-A-Batmobile features rolling wheels and is 7 inches in length when fully assembled

The Batman Who Laughs - Part of a 3-figure collector set - Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs each includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-The Batman Who Laughs figure is based on the DC comic book series Dark Nights: Metal
-The Batman Who Laughs accessories include a Knife and a Sickle

Batman: Batman the Animated Series

-Batman figure is based on the iconic style of Batman the Animated Series
-Batman’s accessories include a Grapnel Launcher and Batarang

Superman: Superman the Animated Series

-Superman figure is based on the iconic style of Superman the Animated Series
-Superman’s accessories include a piece of bent steel
-Includes bonus pair of alternate fists

Green Lantern: Justice League

-Green Lantern figure is based on the iconic style of Justice League Animated Series Green Lantern’s accessories include a Lantern Willpower Projection Blaster, headset, and visor

Harley Quinn: Classic

-Harley Quinn figure is based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Harley Quinn’s accessories include a Mallet and (Gag) Bang! Blaster

Green Arrow: Arrow

-Green Arrow figure is based on The CW TV series Arrow
-Green Arrow’s accessories include a bow with knocked arrow and quiver with bundled arrows

Superman: Unchained Armor

-Superman Unchained figure is based on the DC comic book series of the same name
-Superman features rotating posable wings that can extend the figure height to 9 inches tall and 10 inches wide (some assembly required)

Batman: Hellbat Suit

-Batman (Hellbat Suit) figure is based on the DC comic book series Batman and Robin
-Batman (Hellbat Suit) features articulated posable wings that can extend the figure height to 9 inches tall and 14 inches wide (some assembly)

Bat-Raptor

-Incredibly detailed vehicle based on The Batman Who Laughs’ Batmobile from the DC comic book mini-series The Batman Who Laughs
-Designed to fit a 7-inch scale DC Multiverse figure
-8-inch width, and has a telescoping front end to extend vehicle to full 12-inch length
-Features rolling wheels

The first wave of McFarlane Toys’ DC Multiverse launches today with pre-orders at retailers around the globe. The DC Multiverse collector figures and related toys will be available at major retail locations beginning in January 2020 including Walmart, Target, Amazon, GameStop, BestBuy, and Walgreens.

Arrow01.jpg

Arrow02.jpg

Arrow03.jpg

Arrow04.jpg

Arrow05.jpg

Arrow06_Packaging.jpg

Arrow07_Packaging.jpg

Arrow08_Posed.jpg

BatGirl_01.jpg

BatGirl_02.jpg

BatGirl_03.jpg

BatGirl_04.jpg