More Clues To What's Coming From McFarlane Toys For DC Comics?!?

JayC

The proportions on the animated series Batman look a little weird in the pictures for me. Holding off to see it once reviews get posted up. That figure will decide whether or not I jump in. I'd be interested in doing an entire line of BTAS figs (and the Sup's cartoon too) with better articulation and ability to stand then the current line but want to see how this measures up first. Haven't been huge on the look of a lot of the McFarlane stuff out so far. The MK stuff and Doom stuff looks a bit off for me. Personal preference. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:00 AM, JayC said:

And based on the mock ups it looks like that Batmobile would be broken up into three long section pieces. Now the packaging for those figures do indicate being longer shaped than taller, but that would have to be pretty long packaging to fit pieces for a  6-7" scale Batmobile, I mean just look at the size of DC Collectibles 6" BTAS Batmobile for an idea of how big the packaging for these would need to be.

And if it's not a vehicle meant to be in scale with the actual figures that would be, well IMO super lame.

I was hoping for 6” as well... i get they want to be different than the current DCAU figs but this was McFarlanes chance to own the DC 6” world n be DC’s Hasbro for ML....

also... that pack in batmobile is meant to fit the figs n the pics r just a mock up?? Or the BAF is a hot wheels batmobile?

• Like 1

The option to not go with cloth capes where applicable makes these fall short for me. The Batman and Superman in the Alien and Predator 2 packs are still the definitive versions in my book. These McFarlane  offerings will not challenge this.

So I am going to be interviewing Todd McFarlane himself early next week. If you have any burning questions for him about the DC stuff or any of their other action figure lines, LMK and I will try and incorporate them into the interview.

• Like 3

A few questions:

Plans for more vehicles and perhaps play sets?

he mentioned two packs before, any word on that or larger multi packs such as full teams?

will this line see considerably heavier releases than his other licenses going forward?  Any chance of larger themed or build a figure waves the size of those back in his Spawn days of 6-7 figure series?

He does a lot of exclusives are there going to be some coming up for this line?  Anything potentially more interesting than just variants?

Anything going forward with more classic comic book stuff?

does he plan to make comic figures that look relatively cohesive and good next to each other or go only with very artist specific stuff?

That batgirl looks really decent if you don’t look at her face.... it’s legit pretty bad face that is way too cartoony compared to her really realistic body, couldn’t they make face similar to her appearance in Heroes in crisis? Or include second head sculpt ? 

3CF236C4-59DD-46EB-92C5-D83248CBC718.jpeg

On 1/2/2020 at 4:44 AM, mako said:

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from McFarlane, but I was still expecting better than this. Weird sculpts, weird articulation (what is it with Superman's knees?), and an underwhelming selection? Not the best start of a license. I'm gonna pass.

Agreed, this seems very underwhelming after all of the hype and anticipation.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Another question about the DC line that I forgot in my previous comment is: how often will a new wave be released? .

Thats a good question.

5 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Agreed, this seems very underwhelming after all of the hype and anticipation.

I can tell you they are selling like hotcakes. BBTS is practically completely sold out in a day.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I can tell you they are selling like hotcakes. BBTS is practically completely sold out in a day.

Wow, I'm planning on waiting for reviews before deciding to get any, but there might not be any available to review. lol

On 1/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, JayC said:

So I am going to be interviewing Todd McFarlane himself early next week. If you have any burning questions for him about the DC stuff or any of their other action figure lines, LMK and I will try and incorporate them into the interview.

Why 7” instead of 6”? You can dominate the 6” DC line with your reputation and quality of products?

also BAF choices, why not a 7” compatible BAF instead of a Hotwheel batmobile? — more consistent BAF parts for the whole wave as opposed to 3figs only. 

BAF diorama instead of figure since Mcfarlane was known for amazing backdrops for their figures.

@JayC how did you score an interview with Todd!? Will it be at McF HQ?

• Like 1

Not sure if it’s too late to make the interview but here’s another question.  A lot of people have been noting in his original interview he mentioned he could do different versions of characters - comic, movie, video game, animated AND a core line.  What exactly is the core line?  Are the build a bat mobile figures the core line or will we see something else that is just straight forward uniform style representations of DC characters? 

46 minutes ago, SubZero said:

I wonder if this will put the last waves of Mattel DC Multiverse on clearance

I've been snapping up the Killer Croc wave for 11 bucks a pop at Walmart for the last couple weeks, and I found a bunch of Multiverse movie Shazam figures at 5 and Below for 5 bucks, but that's it.

God, how cool would it be if ALL the Multiverse figures began showing up there?

19 minutes ago, mako said:

I've been snapping up the Killer Croc wave for 11 bucks a pop at Walmart for the last couple weeks, and I found a bunch of Multiverse movie Shazam figures at 5 and Below for 5 bucks, but that's it.

God, how cool would it be if ALL the Multiverse figures began showing up there?

There were only 2 Multiverse Shazam figures, Shazam and Dr Sivana 😀

So just spent the last 90 minutes talking to Todd McFarlane via video conference about DC, Mortal Kombat, Spawn and more. I was originally planning on having the interview up today but I wasn't planning on having so much time with him. So I got lots of editing to do and Interview may not be up until tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little late to submit a question, but I am wondering if McFarlane will be doing DCEU movie lines. Obviously, they wouldnt have enough time to release a Birds of Prey line, but can they still do Wonder Woman 1984 or The Suicide Squad figures?

1 hour ago, SubZero said:

A little late to submit a question, but I am wondering if McFarlane will be doing DCEU movie lines. Obviously, they wouldnt have enough time to release a Birds of Prey line, but can they still do Wonder Woman 1984 or The Suicide Squad figures?

We talk about that in the interview. They aren't going to comment on specific figures that have yet to be announced but yes I believe your def going to see movie stuff new and old. Even Birds of Prey I believe they are going to be releasing a Harley Quinn movie figure though thats still not %100 confirmed.

• Like 1

Someone passed this image on to me, I don't know where it originated from, but obviously it's from someone who got the McFarlane DC stuff in hand. Hard to tell 100% from the image as some figures are closer to the camera than others and Batman seems a bit crooked, but scale does seem to be off a bit on these. I think collectors will need to be a little forgiving with this first wave as its not going to be perfect. One of the takeaways from my interview yesterday is that they are dealing with a bit of a learning curve with this line and it was a little bit rushed to have ready by the first of the year. I'm not making excuses for them or advocating you buy something you don't want, but one of the things Todd made clear is they will be listening to your feedback and making adjustments as they go along, and obviously one of the loudest ways to make your voice heard is with your pocketbook which he fully acknowledges in the interview. In other words dont be afraid to give your feedback about what you like and dislike and while they aren't going to be able to fulfill every single thing or make everyone happy, they are listening and adapting. As I've said before. I expect this line to get better, not worse as it goes along.

81894933_517102722485883_3832933032331837440_n.jpg