More Clues To What's Coming From McFarlane Toys For DC Comics?!?

JayC

Being honest i do like how the Batman figures look like i am also unsure of what to feel about it, especially the animated batman, it looks good but for some reason it reminds me of "The Batman" look maybe it's the torso part that looks like such but yeh, i do like how those 2 look so far.

• Like 2

So cats out of the bag thanks to Walmart and Brickseek. Here is a look at the Batman and DC assortments, should be up for pre-order everywhere tomorrow and will start shipping out this month, like next week or so.

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-Batman-Animated-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-02.jp g.jpeg

McFarlane-DC-Unchanied-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Unchanied-Superman-02.jpeg

McFarlane-Hellbat-01.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-02.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-03.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-04.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-05.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-02.jpg

• Like 2

Ok now I am interested. Will wait for the reviews to start popping but the comic superman is very interesting and also the animated figures given that by the looks of it DC Collectibles will not make those with accessories. So we might finally get new JL animated figures that we have been waiting for. 

About the plastic capes I also think that if those sell well people will start making custom cloth capes that fit these. 

I like the sculpts on some of them looking forward to more Arrowverse TV Series figures like some from Supergirl , The Flash and Batwoman , Superman from The CW as well. The DC Animated Universe figures of Batman and Superman I like too hopefully we get Wonder Woman next. For Future waves I do hope for The McFareline line we get more Films and TV Figures like a Christopher Reeve Superman , a Brandon Routh Kingdom Come Superman from CW'S Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and Supergirl from her CW Supergirl tv series also a Henry Cavill Superman figure as well as for the comic book based DC Comics figures try to stick to the modern comics now and do the older comic book based figures later on down the line.

Welp, i can't wait for the BTAS figure to come out, but I'll wait for reviews of this figure before i truly can consider buying it

Superman looks good but single joint? Batman is iffy, while animated figures look good they look nothing like animated series versions what’s the point... In short huge pass.  I  think the only figure I might get from them is future Comic book version of  Bane, I am sure they gonna make one soon enough.  And additionally, this Harley is Abomination, I hate to be negative but I can’t help it, I really wanted them to do good. 

938323CC-BBBD-4775-960F-7F34D1425A20.jpeg

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from McFarlane, but I was still expecting better than this. Weird sculpts, weird articulation (what is it with Superman's knees?), and an underwhelming selection? Not the best start of a license. I'm gonna pass.

• Like 2

Here are all the images and complete official details:

McFarlane Toys has announced official images and info for their new line of DC Comic based product due out later this month which will be up for pre-order later today. Check out all the official images below in our GALLERY. You can pre-order these at BigBadToyStore.com.

McFarlane Toys, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and DC, today revealed images and details of the highly anticipated new DC Multiverse collector figure line by McFarlane Toys, available in both mass and specialty retailers beginning January 2020.

The new DC Multiverse collector line features incredibly detailed 7-inch figures designed with an impressive 22 points of articulation. Each figure comes with a collectable card that has character-specific art and biography, multiple accessories, and a display base. MSRP is $19.99 to $24.99 USD for each figure.

“McFarlane Toys has kept the DC Multiverse action figure line-up and images top-secret, but today I’m thrilled to show fans, collectors and big kids, like me, the incredible range of DC Super Hero and Super-Villain character designs that our team has created just for them to bring home,” said Todd McFarlane, Creative Force and CEO of McFarlane Toys.

The first wave of figures includes:

Batman: Detective Comics #1000

-Batman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batman accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang

Batman: Detective Comics #1000 Variant Chase

-Batman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batman accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang
-Showcases a different chest emblem as homage to the Classic Batman

Superman: Action Comics #1000

-Superman figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Superman accessory includes a flight stand for 360-degree aerial figure posing

Batgirl: Art of the Crime- Part of a 3-figure collector set -Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs - that includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-Batgirl figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Batgirl accessories include Grapnel Launcher and Batarang
-The Build-A-Batmobile features rolling wheels and is 7 inches in length when fully assembled

Nightwing: Better Than Batman - Part of a 3-figure collector set - Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs - that includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-Nightwing figure based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Nightwing accessories include two Escrima sticks
-The Build-A-Batmobile features rolling wheels and is 7 inches in length when fully assembled

The Batman Who Laughs - Part of a 3-figure collector set - Batgirl, Nightwing, and The Batman Who Laughs each includes a piece of a buildable Batmobile featured in the DC Rebirth comic books. Each figure sold separately.

-The Batman Who Laughs figure is based on the DC comic book series Dark Nights: Metal
-The Batman Who Laughs accessories include a Knife and a Sickle

Batman: Batman the Animated Series

-Batman figure is based on the iconic style of Batman the Animated Series
-Batman’s accessories include a Grapnel Launcher and Batarang

Superman: Superman the Animated Series

-Superman figure is based on the iconic style of Superman the Animated Series
-Superman’s accessories include a piece of bent steel
-Includes bonus pair of alternate fists

Green Lantern: Justice League

-Green Lantern figure is based on the iconic style of Justice League Animated Series Green Lantern’s accessories include a Lantern Willpower Projection Blaster, headset, and visor

Harley Quinn: Classic

-Harley Quinn figure is based on the DC Rebirth comic books
-Harley Quinn’s accessories include a Mallet and (Gag) Bang! Blaster

Green Arrow: Arrow

-Green Arrow figure is based on The CW TV series Arrow
-Green Arrow’s accessories include a bow with knocked arrow and quiver with bundled arrows

Superman: Unchained Armor

-Superman Unchained figure is based on the DC comic book series of the same name
-Superman features rotating posable wings that can extend the figure height to 9 inches tall and 10 inches wide (some assembly required)

Batman: Hellbat Suit

-Batman (Hellbat Suit) figure is based on the DC comic book series Batman and Robin
-Batman (Hellbat Suit) features articulated posable wings that can extend the figure height to 9 inches tall and 14 inches wide (some assembly)

Bat-Raptor

-Incredibly detailed vehicle based on The Batman Who Laughs’ Batmobile from the DC comic book mini-series The Batman Who Laughs
-Designed to fit a 7-inch scale DC Multiverse figure
-8-inch width, and has a telescoping front end to extend vehicle to full 12-inch length
-Features rolling wheels

The first wave of McFarlane Toys’ DC Multiverse launches today with pre-orders at retailers around the globe. The DC Multiverse collector figures and related toys will be available at major retail locations beginning in January 2020 including Walmart, Target, Amazon, GameStop, BestBuy, and Walgreens.

Arrow01.jpg

Arrow02.jpg

Arrow03.jpg

Arrow04.jpg

Arrow05.jpg

Arrow06_Packaging.jpg

Arrow07_Packaging.jpg

Arrow08_Posed.jpg

BatGirl_01.jpg

BatGirl_02.jpg

BatGirl_03.jpg

BatGirl_04.jpg

BatGirl_All.jpg

BatGirl_Packaging01.jpg

BatGirl_Packaging02.jpg

BatGirl_Posed.jpg

Batman(Animated)_01.jpg

Batman(Animated)_02.jpg

Batman(Animated)_03.jpg

Batman(Animated)_04.jpg

Batman(Animated)_All.jpg

Batman(Animated)_Packaging01.jpg

Batman(Animated)_Packaging02.jpg

Batman(Animated)_Posed.jpg

Batman(Modern)_01.jpg

Batman(Modern)_02.jpg

Batman(Modern)_03.jpg

Batman(Modern)_04.jpg

Batman(Modern)_All.jpg

Batman(Modern)_Packaging01.jpg

Batman(Modern)_Packaging02.jpg

Batman(Modern)_Posed.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_01.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_02.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_03.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_04.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_All.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_Packaging01.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_Packaging02.jpg

BatmanWhoLaughs_Posed.jpg

Batmobile_01.jpg

Batmobile_02.jpg

Batmobile_03.jpg

Batmobile_04.jpg

BatRaptor_01.jpg

BatRaptor_02.jpg

BatRaptor_03.jpg

BatRaptor_04.jpg

BatRaptor_05.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_01.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_02.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_03.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_04.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_05.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_06.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_Inpackage_07.jpg

DC_AnimatedSuperman_Turnarounds_Inpackage_08.jpg.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_01.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_02.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_03.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_04.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_All.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_InPackagin_01.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_InPackagin_02.jpg

DC_ArmoredSuperman_Posed.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_01.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_02.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_03.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_04.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_05.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_Inpackage_06.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_Inpackage_07.jpg

DC_ModernSuperman_Turnaround_Posed_08.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_01.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_02.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_03.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_04.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_05.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_InPackage_06.jpg

DC_NightWing_Turnarounds_InPackage_07.jpg.jpg

DC_Nightwing_Turnarounds_Posed.jpg

DC-Multiverse.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_01.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_02.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_03.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_04.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_All.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_Packaging01.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_Packaging02.jpg

GreenLantern(Animated)_Posed.jpg

HarleyQuinn_01.jpg

HarleyQuinn_02.jpg

HarleyQuinn_03.jpg

HarleyQuinn_04.jpg

HarleyQuinn_All.jpg

HarleyQuinn_Packaging01.jpg

HarleyQuinn_Packaging02.jpg

HarleyQuinn_Posed.jpg

HellBat_01.jpg

HellBat_02.jpg

HellBat_03.jpg

HellBat_04.jpg

HellBat_All.jpg

HellBat_Packaging01.jpg

HellBat_Packaging02.jpg

HellBat_Posed.jpg

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Animated-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-Batman-Animated-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-03.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-Modern-Superman-02.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-01.jpg

McFarlane-DC-TV-Arrow-02.jp g.jpeg

McFarlane-DC-Unchanied-Superman-02.jpeg

McFarlane-Hellbat-01.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-02.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-03.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-04.jpg

McFarlane-Hellbat-05.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-01.jpg

McFarlane-Modern-Batman-02.jpg

• Like 3

I dont think this is a perfect line by any means but I see more here for DC Comic fans to be happy about than unhappy. These overall look better than what Mattel has done with their Multiverse line and I will only assume these will improve as time goes on.

My guess is these had to be rushed to a certain extant to be ready to go by now and I do hope going forward they look to diversify the character selection more. For a collector line way to many Batman and Superman right out of the gate. 

Not sure why they have given Superman single hinged elbows but otherwise I really like that one. The proportions on Batgirl seem a bit off. That is probably my least favorite looking of the bunch.

The Build-A-Batmobile that isn't in scale with the figures seems kinda pointless to me. I don't hate it but its not something I am interested in, and I continue to think doing Animated Series stuff while DC Collectibles does very similar product is a mistake for both companies. If it was a current series I could maybe see but its not.

DCTV Arrow, Nightwing, Modern Batman and Batman who Laughs are probably the best looking of the bunch. The Hellbat and Unchained  Superman look decent as well and glad they have the alternate wings and such.

Like I say, these aren't perfect but this is a line that shows promise to me and one I expect will only get better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm, i do gotta agree about the whole build-a-batmobile concept seems pointless as well, but damn those figures look nice in my opinion, especially the Batman who laughs which looks freakin amazing out of the three figures, no surprise how i mentioned that i was a Batgirl fan however I'm not so much of a fan of this design being honest, still i definitely am gonna buy it nevertheless cause why not 😄 and lastly for Nightwing he seems decent as well, so i might get the three figures and well I'll eventually see if I'll like the Batmobile or not 

• Like 1

The only one I'm mildly interested in getting is the Green Arrow... but at 7" I'm gonna have to pass.

I'll wait for reviews, if sizewise they can kind of fit with the Mafex figures, let alone Marvel Legends, I'll pick him up. 

The Batmobiles are pretty lame IMO, they feel shoe-inned and kind of pointless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mako said:

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from McFarlane, but I was still expecting better than this. Weird sculpts, weird articulation (what is it with Superman's knees?), and an underwhelming selection? Not the best start of a license. I'm gonna pass.

Gonna pass on this line myself. This looks geared towards DCC 7" collectors not Mattel DCUC/Multiverse collectors. They overdid it by have 3 versions of Batman and Superman in the same series.

3 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

By the way is the Harley Quinn figure based on the comics or the BTAS style?, the face look very cartoonish to me.

I was wondering the same thing, but if the card that comes with her is a clue then it looks like the comics.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Not sure why they have given Superman single hinged elbows but otherwise I really like that one. The proportions on Batgirl seem a bit off. That is probably my least favorite looking of the bunch.

I agree with you. Superman looks very nice, Batgirl has something off.

I like their looks overall, might get Batman and Superman, and maybe Batgirl for my gf. Other than that, not really interested in the line mainly because of scale. But if McFarlane starts making characters from the Titans comics, especially Raven and Starfire, I'll certainly get them.

I'd say this is a decent start for the line, there's room for improvement, no doubt about it, but they're certainly better than what Mattel did. I'm really curious to see how this line develops, and how McFarlane deals with distribution of these figures outside the US.

11 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

By the way is the Harley Quinn figure based on the comics or the BTAS style?, the face look very cartoonish to me.

I believe the overall style is comic not animated. That version did originate from the cartoon though so it may have still influenced the figure. I am curious to know whats going on with the Birds of Prey Harley movie figure. It was not mentioned in the official announcement and was never shown on the Walmart site.

1 hour ago, Neovorticism2 said:

I know that the matter has been very controversial and everyone has already made their position clear about it and has chosen a camp, 

I wouldn't say I've chosen my camp so much as I'm still weighing my options. Unless one or the other roles out something better than they have thus far, I don't see myself buying into either. Until then, I'll be using the break to fill in the holes in my Multiverse collection.

Was curious if McFarlane would get me back into DC figures again. From this start, its an easy no. Alot of weird proportions, and some weird designs and that build a hot wheels is definitely not going to influence me to buy more than one. All companies have a growing pains stage when they get a new license. I look at Hasbro and how they went from awful to amazing during their span with the marvel license. I used to collect McF figures for a long time early in my hardcore collecting days so I have hopes for them to return to form but after they stopped with statues with small articulation and then came back partially, I think they have alot of learning and growing to do with adding proper and aesthetically pleasing articulation points in their figures. 

1 hour ago, Neovorticism2 said:

No, it is definitely not a perfect line and yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, but I definitely like what I am seeing at the moment, I know that the matter has been very controversial and everyone has already made their position clear about it and has chosen a camp, well I am still in, although there are things that should have been done differently, and well what else can be said, at least the 8 comic-based figures are already on my list unless the gross Mcfarlene qc makes me change my mind or that my local distributor remains a lazy ass.

In my opinion this initial stuff was likely rushed. McFarlane had less than a year from when they were awarded the license to get this stuff made and ready for market. That is extremely fast for a line such as this. You might argue that McFarlane should have taken more time and waited until later in the year to release the stuff but in the retail world shelf space is very limited and you have to protect it by always keeping something on it. Had they let a large gap of time transpire from when the Mattel DC stuff went off shelf to when their stuff was ready then its possible they would have had a harder time getting it out. There may have been other financial or contractual obligations at play for needing them to be out at the beginning of the year as well. 

You are 100% right that there is def room for improvement, but I like what I am seeing in general more than the Mattel Multiverse stuff, at least based on these images. Of course I won't really know until I get them in hand. I also think if you look at say Hasbro and what they started out with for Marvel Legends. This is worlds above that early Hasbro stuff. I do expect McFarlane to improve as time goes on and if they don't I think collector complaints will be more justifiable, but I am willing to give them that time.

• Like 1