Which Black Series Figures Should Be Rereleased In The Archive Line?

BlkSer_W1__scaled_600.jpg

Last year, Hasbro introduced the Black Series Archive line as a way for, possibly newer, collectors to get harder to get (ie: expensive) figures; including some with improved face deco. Anakin Skywalker, Biker Scout, Boba Fett, Bossk; Darth Maul, IG-88, Luke Skywalker (X-Wing), and Yoda.
As a r elatively new convert to the Black Series, I'm not even sure just what has been released, mainly exclusives, let alone rarity and/or price. I've been able to obtain quite a few, at a good price on the secondary market, but there are still some that have evaded me, mainly troopers and R2-D2. 
Which figures would you like to see rereleased? I know a lot of people would like to see many human characters with the improved paint decos, I could see many of them (Luke Bespin, Lando, etc...) repackaged next year on ESB40 cards

Let your voice be heard in the discussion below.

Well, like I said in the other thread, I think Bespin Luke is headed for the Archive series rather than the 40th Anniversary series because ESB 40th will have a Dagobah Luke.  I can see Lando going in either line, but I definitely want an update on that figure and don't much care where they put him.  I think I might like to see Leia in Boushh disguise in the Archive series.
The one thing I really want to see in the Archive series is for the weird gloss the photoreal puts on the figures' heads to be toned back down.  Seems like it's been really bad lately.  I'd like to see this across the board, really.

• Like 1

Hasbro:

Me: a new slave Leia that is better than the previous one OwO. (Uuuf i don't know how that meme goes)

Nah i know they won't do so and never will because of Disney but eh i can dream lols.

• 9 months later...

As Hasbro announces  the Black Series Archive fan vote, it's time to revisit this...

The ESB40th anniversary line has taken care of a couple of my 'wish list' choices, with Bespin Luke, and Lando, and the Han in Carbonite is a nice surprise.

My first thought is Commander Cody. The figure is fairly expensive, and with the recent prequel wave announcements ( Dooku, Bly, AOTC Anakin & Obi), it'd be nice to see him in circulation again.. I was glad to see the Rogue One Stormtrooper announcenent. Personally, I'd like to see troopers  (Clonetroopers/ Stormtroopers, maybe even battle droids?) in circulation a bit more , especially, given the their presence in the films 

I'd also like to see a clean R2-D2 released. This is another fairly expensive figure, with a major role in the saga. I got into the line as the SW40th line was ending, and like the stormtrooper (until Rogue One) , the only other releases have been 'battle damage', 'Dagobah' , and I believe a Disney Park exclusive set. I'm a little surprised  he wasn't thrown into a TFA/TJ asst, even with the limited screen time. With the complaints about being out of scale, if nothing else, maybe they'll resculpt R2 for a ROTJ40th 'Sail Barge version ?

Han Solo from Episode IV is in pretty desperate need for a new deco, and a new head (if they can do it for Bespin Luke...).  An Archive wave would also be a good way to release the Kenner deco Boba Fett and have it different from the SDCC release.

Well for starters:
- Ep.3 Obi Wan with the new Clone Commander Obi Wan's head would be an easy update.
- Cody since he is really expensive and hard to get now.
- Qui-Gon could do with an updated Digital Face Print.
- Jango Fett could be improved with the Digital Face Print.
- Tusken Raider (at least in my country those are extremely hard to come by)
- The Rogue One figures need a redo (better headsculpts/facepaint, and hopefully finish the main team)
- The main cast of The Force Awakens could do with digital facepaint (but since that trilogy is in such a bad shape in the collective mind of most people I dont think we'll see figures from that trilogy soon)

- Ep.IV Han Solo, Luke, Ben and Leia (with digital faceprint or maybe new sculpts, further down the road since those just recently re-released without the digital faceprint with the ANH 40th vintage line)

And as far as updates that we need but could fit in other sublines that are not the Archive Line (like 40th anniversary editions) I would say: 
- Hoth Han and Hoth Luke (the ones that came with the Tauntaun and the Wampa would be a good fit for this year to fit in with the anniversary of ESB.
- Leia Boushh and Jedi Knight Luke (re-released and/or updated) in a couple years to fit in with ROTJ's 40th Anniversary (I would love a "Jaba's Prisioner" Leia to get a update but its pretty well known that that figure is probably never going to see the light of day again, I hope we're wrong on that one though) Also I hope we get a Re-Release Deluxe Jaba complete with the throne and Selacious (maybe as an amazon exclusive or something like that).

In all honesty with all the anniversary lines and upcoming tv shows like Cassian and Obi Wan I dont see the Archives line really going on for much longer (there are not a lot of figures remaining that cant be done in other lines that would warrant the Archives treatment) 

• Like 1

Jango Fett and Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan Kenobi with a robe would be my choices, I also want a Jedi Knight Luke from the Emperor's Throne Room sequence at the end of Return of the Jedi.  

First thing I thought of was Cody, rex, and maybe ahsoka (if we dont get one from that show coming soon).

Good point about ANH Han though. I bought that first wave and he is YELCH. Is trooper disguise any better? I forget...

ROTS obi would be solid as well. I have the tiny head version and general Kenobi is already too expensive just to pop that head off. I refuse to re-box its right up there with scalping.

Sidenote: I was visiting Chicago with my wife a couple years ago and happened to pop into a cvs or rite aid or something and there was like 3 Cody's just piled on the pegs. I was like nah we are on vacation I cant fit those in my luggage anyway.

Hindsight, its a mofo. That said I snatched a wolfe at barnes and noble with a quickness last year.

Lets keep archive going!!!

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE