DC Collectibles Doing More Batman Vs Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles Products?!?

JayC

We already knew DC Collectibles was going to be producing a special San Diego Comic Con exclusive 6" Michelangelo as Batman figure, but now it appears that might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Yesterday DC Collectibles released this teaser image of a Gotham City sewer manhole cover with a green glow coming out of it which has lead many including us to think they have more plans for the DC and IDW crossover featuring both Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which not only has seen a number of comic book mini-series' but also an animated movie.

No idea what exactly they will be doing, it could be anything from more action figures to go along with the San Diego Comic Con exclusive to statues or even prop replicas. My guess is we will learn more about this later this month during the San Diego Comic Con.

DC-Collectibles-Batman-TMNT.jpg

SDCC_19_Mikey_Batman_v01_r03__scaled_600.jpg

Hmmm, a lot TMNT lately. Not sure if I'll have the will to keep grabbing the 4 turtles again and again. Granted DC & Super7 will be doing different things but I'm pretty content with the NECA ones I already have. 

DC Collectibles is Thrilled to announce their Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6" action figure line. Each 2-pack comes with a variety of accessories and hits stores beginning in September of 2019! Sold exclusively at GameStop! MSRP: $49.99

Batman and Leonardo – In Store September 2019
Robin and Raphael – In Store September 2019
Batgirl and Donatello – In Store October 2019
Alfred and Michelangelo – In Store November 2019
Ra’s Al Ghul and Shredder – In Store December 2019

Batman-TMNT-01.jpg

Batman-TMNT-02.jpg

Batman-TMNT-03.jpg

Batman-TMNT-04.jpg

Batman-TMNT-05.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mako said:

Okay Jay, before I get my hopes up, the article says "6 inch Action Figures." True or typo?

Thats what the scale of the SDCC exclusive one was listed as so I am assuming these are the same scale as that one. I've reached out to DC Collectibles to try and get confirmation.

Not really impressed with these, Im good with just getting the SDCC Mikey as Batman figure as a stand alone figure, the figures in the line are not half bad but being exclusives to Gamestop just makes these not woth the hassle for me, Ill stick with Neca (dont really care for what Super 7 will do either), Over all I think the only figure I liked in all these packs is Damian, the rest are just not that impressive for me.

As a fan of the older TMNT figures (except the ones with this generation), I don't know why, but I like the way these look. I'm a big fan of articulation and these do not look like they have a wide range of motion. Still, I don't know why, but I like them a little lol.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Thats what the scale of the SDCC exclusive one was listed as so I am assuming these are the same scale as that one. I've reached out to DC Collectibles to try and get confirmation.

That's good enough for me! I want these man, I want them BAD. If they scale with my Animated TMNT (and by extension, Marvel legends) even better. If not? Screw it, I'll get 'em anyway. These kick serious @$$.

8 minutes ago, jalimbo86 said:

I'm a big fan of articulation and these do not look like they have a wide range of motion.

Looks pretty good to me. Ab-swivel, pretty sure those are ball-jointed shoulders, elbows and wrists;, and those look to be double-jointed knees. The only question is the hip articulation.

1 minute ago, mako said:

Looks pretty good to me. Ab-swivel, pretty sure those are ball-jointed shoulders, elbows and wrists;, and those look to be double-jointed knees. The only question is the hip articulation.

I hope they have good hip articulation. Double-jointed knees would be killer along with the elbows.

1 hour ago, jalimbo86 said:

I hope they have good hip articulation. Double-jointed knees would be killer along with the elbows.

Well, The articulation scheme seems to be of the BTAS figures. The new ones with double knees, but the elbows  seem to be single wth a swivel. 

I have not seen the animation yet, but I am always up for more Batman figures. Alfred looks great! But not fond of these designs for the Turtles. 

Hope that these will not be hard to find and you an preorder them online.  Also hoping that DC Colletibles doesn't get our hopes up yet again and cancel the line halfway.  The price seems fair for 2 fgiures and these amount of accessories. 

55 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Also hoping that DC Colletibles doesn't get our hopes up yet again and cancel the line halfway. 

Oh thank you for that happy thought, Mr. Sunshine.

That would severely suck. I would assume, though, that the licensing fee they surely had to invest to make these bad-boys in the first place (or at least the Turtles) would guarantee at least one wave. Gotta recoup that money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arkana99 said:

I would have prefered  something based more in the comic book, not the animated movie.

If that translates to mean you wish they looked more like regular action figures as opposed to having the animated designs, due to licensing I doubt that was feasible

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well, The articulation scheme seems to be of the BTAS figures. The new ones with double knees, but the elbows  seem to be single wth a swivel. 

I have not seen the animation yet, but I am always up for more Batman figures. Alfred looks great! But not fond of these designs for the Turtles. 

Hope that these will not be hard to find and you an preorder them online.  Also hoping that DC Colletibles doesn't get our hopes up yet again and cancel the line halfway.  The price seems fair for 2 fgiures and these amount of accessories. 

I agree. These prices are fair based on the amount of stuff you get, just like Neca. I also checked Gamestop and you can already pre-order them now.

• Like 1

Confirmed these are 1:12 scale and according to Paul Harding who worked on the line, they all have ball joints with swivel in the upper thigh behind the soft plastic briefs.

D_Ega-DXUAMb3v1.jpg

I originally wasn't interested but then I saw the pictures. Hope to see some review samples on YouTube soon.