WWE Ghostbusters Mash-up Set Coming From Mattel?!?

JayC

UPDATE: The image apparently comes from this video by Kayfabe Wrestling Kollector who has the actual figures in hand. Check it out below.

Ghostbusters Mash-ups seem to be all the craze these days as we've already seen Hasbro not only give us 1, but 2 Transformers sets merging the Robots in Disguise with the paranormal hunters. Well now it seems Mattel is following suit with a new WWE action figure mash-up set. Mattel of course has who given us actual Ghostbusters figures, and honestly I am not entirely sure if they still have that license or not.

Earlier this month GhostbustersNews posted what appeared to be artwork for a rumored WWE Ghostbusters mash-up set featuring WWE Superstars John Cena, Shawn Michaels, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin wearing Ghostbusters attire and proton packs.

And now an image of what appears to be the actual figures has started to make the social media rounds. We don't know the original origins of this image as in who took the image, who originally posted it or where these figures were on display at, but based on both the artwork and now looks at the actual figures it seems like this is a real thing. Besides the four WWE wrestlers now turned Ghostbusters, the set also appears to feature a translucent version of The Undertaker  for the set. The Deadman is actual Dead I guess.

Now before you get to excited, we should note this set is not %100 confirmed by Mattel in any way and even if this is something they are looking to do, that doesn't mean they will actually be able to make it happen. There have been rumors of multiple WWE sets Mattel has shown off in the recent past being canceled such as the Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan 2-pack and The Ultimate Deletion that were on display at the WrestleMania Axxess Event.

If this new Ghostbusters set is going forward I am sure we will hear official details by SDCC time next month if not sooner. As for the original image shown below, if you know it's original origins, please feel free to let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION so we can give proper credit for it.

WWE-Ghostbusters-Set.jpg

I really thought The Undertaker would be a transparent green or a glow in the dark green.

I actually really like the concept! Its something different. I wish we could have seen Zack Ryder join the team in some way since he's a huge fan of it and has worn in ring gear with a tribute to Ghostbusters before! Either way, can't wait to get these in hand. That Undertaker seems especially epic! 

22 hours ago, FigureKingdom said:

I actually really like the concept! Its something different. I wish we could have seen Zack Ryder join the team in some way since he's a huge fan of it and has worn in ring gear with a tribute to Ghostbusters before! Either way, can't wait to get these in hand. That Undertaker seems especially epic! 

Maybe they can do a slimed Zack Ryder later if this catches on.