DC Essentials Wonder Woman and Cheetah

BradDCUGeek

I thought this was going to be the best Cheetah ever, but I can't get over the proportions of the top half compared to the lower half.  It's like they're for two different sized figures and they just slapped them together.  Wonder Woman's impossibly tiny waist is another thing I just can't get past.

Okay I'm in. This may not be the best Cheetah ever, but its the best I can get right now. I have the old black leotards Cheetah but this one is far better. The Wonder Woman figure looks nice, but I have a pet peeve about not being able to stand up without help. Just wish they would have painted the toes and fingernails black. 

All this talk about unrealistic body proportions! News flash: superhero comics are a subgenre of FANTASY, they aren't meant to be realistic! It's all about idealized forms; if you had the option of looking like a Greek god/goddess, wouldn't you choose that over being "normal"? Especially since American "normal" has diabetes. And don't start that crap about trying to protect girls from having low self-esteem; male superhero body types are even more extreme.

15 hours ago, Mangle77 said:

All this talk about unrealistic body proportions! News flash: superhero comics are a subgenre of FANTASY, they aren't meant to be realistic! It's all about idealized forms; if you had the option of looking like a Greek god/goddess, wouldn't you choose that over being "normal"? Especially since American "normal" has diabetes. And don't start that crap about trying to protect girls from having low self-esteem; male superhero body types are even more extreme.

The top half of Cheetah looks like it's from a completely different scale figure than the bottom half.  That's not idealized, that's just bizarre.  But I'm sure everybody here appreciates the lecture there, new guy.  Thanks for sharing.

Yeah these essentials figures seems like a step in the right direction from articulation but a step pack from proportion on DC Collectible's part, its the main reason why I havent gotten any of them none have really been that great where I needed to get it. I agree with everyone with cheeta's body being weirdly proportioned and Im not a fan of WW's head (I dont know if its the sculpt itself, how the eyes are a bit high and the forhead is small in comparison to the rest of her face, kind of like how the jaw is a bit big, or the top of the hair or what is it but it looks smooshed somehow)

This is maybe one of the most visually appealing WW figures Ive ever seen but the overall monotony( re-used scuplts, lack of accessories and detail) really just makes me wanna rebuy Icons. 

6 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

I actually like those kinda weird proportions, don't know why. On the other hand, I'm thinking if I'll get these or wait and save up for next year's McFarlane figures...

I am unsure about McFarlane till we see what are they gonna offer to us. 

9 hours ago, red_bird08 said:

I am unsure about McFarlane till we see what are they gonna offer to us. 

Maybe I'm expecting them to use a similar articulation scheme like that of their Fortnite figures, but who knows. I'm not worried about sculpt and detail as much as I'm about articulation. 

Thanks Brad for the large selection of pictures. Having seen the review I do feel compelled in getting Cheetah. I haven't bought any DC figures simply because of lack of availability in my nearby stores. Back in the 2000's, I used to see DCU Classics on the shelves but I hardly see any new DC products today. 

4 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Maybe I'm expecting them to use a similar articulation scheme like that of their Fortnite figures, but who knows. I'm not worried about sculpt and detail as much as I'm about articulation. 

Articulation will be there but I hope the sculpt is good. Sculpt would sell. If it's an awful rendition of the character, they will become peg warmers.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 4:03 PM, Satam said:

The top half of Cheetah looks like it's from a completely different scale figure than the bottom half.  That's not idealized, that's just bizarre.  But I'm sure everybody here appreciates the lecture there, new guy.  Thanks for sharing.

Fair enough. I've seen SO much "body positivity" crap lately, it's made me a bit jumpy. I see what you mean about Cheetah looking almost like they assembled parts from 2 different figures, but I found her at a local Gamestop, and she's a LOT better in person.