New TMNT Figures From NECA And More On Display At Yestercades Event

JayC

NECA today is at Yestercades in New Jersey showing off some new product which includes their 2019 SDCC TMNT movie set and figures for what we believe are the second wave of Target exclusive figures. Shown are Animated Series Slash, Leatherhead and Arcade Shredder. Also shown are some figures for their new Toony Terrors figures which they first announced back in February during Toy Fair. Check out some images from the event via Archon522.

NECA-TMNT-YesterCades-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-YesterCades-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-YesterCades-03.jpg

NECA-TMNT-YesterCades-04.jpg

NECA-Toony-Terrors--YesterCades-01.jpg

NECA-Toony-Terrors--YesterCades-02.jpg

NECA-Toony-Terrors--YesterCades-03.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, red_bird08 said:

I was actually hoping for an April and Splinter set rather than Leatherhead and Slash. 

Im guessing wave 2 will be 4 2-packs just like last year's with one villian and one hero, seeing as theyve already shown Beebop, Rocksteady and Slash (villians) and Letherhead (tipically considered one of the good guys) its likely we could get April, Splinter and Casey for the remaining heroes in the packs and another bad guy for the villians, they might be saving the good stuff for Comicon since these "reveals" were pretty much already seen a couple years ago, these sculpts of slash and leatherhead were shown before they were just painted in videogame colors. Lets hope for the best

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Nice stuff, both Shredders looks bada$$, but IMHO it is a lot of potential wasted only release 'em as exclusives, such potential wasted Neca...

These releases haven't been confirmed as exclusives. I'm pretty sure in a year or two the 1990 Shredder, Splinter & Foot Soldiers will have retail Gamestop releases. With Randy recently talking to Pixel Dan on Toy Fair, it sounds like Playmates is giving Neca a lot more leeway than two years ago. Randy did mention Bebop & Rocksteady coming to Target in the fall & will likely be the case for other TMNT products.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I'll wait for the videogame version of Slash since the 1987 version didn't appeal to me all that much. Slash was the most threatening in the episode "Donatello Trashes Slash" but aside from that he didn't have much impact as a villain. The Shredder shoulder pads look a lot bigger & sharper than the 87 release. With the reveal of videogame Shredder I guess this means all of the Dimension X pack have been revealed. Maybe? General Tragg, Granitor, Slash, Leatherhead & Shredder. I was hoping it be Krang's body.

• Like 1

Hope that Arcade Shredder isn't part of the main Animated line. That 50 dollar price tag is already a b1+<#, throwing in repeat characters isn't gonna help any. How about an April or Splinter before we start on left-overs.

3 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I was hoping it be Krang's body.

Man, that’s a big want for me. I’m sure NECA will get to it at some point, just hope it’s not a convention exclusive. I’m guessing a deluxe release, probably $50 on its own. 

These all look great, but I’m curious to see how Super7’s stuff will compare and which company collectors will go with. SDCC will be interesting, to be sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mako said:

Hope that Arcade Shredder isn't part of the main Animated line. That 50 dollar price tag is already a b1+<#, throwing in repeat characters isn't gonna help any. How about an April or Splinter before we start on left-overs.

I think the videogame Shredder is part of the Dimension X Pack that's been shown before. 

Dimension X SD2018.jpg

Rat king would be nice with baxter stockman.

10 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Im guessing wave 2 will be 4 2-packs just like last year's with one villian and one hero, seeing as theyve already shown Beebop, Rocksteady and Slash (villians) and Letherhead (tipically considered one of the good guys) its likely we could get April, Splinter and Casey for the remaining heroes in the packs and another bad guy for the villians, they might be saving the good stuff for Comicon since these "reveals" were pretty much already seen a couple years ago, these sculpts of slash and leatherhead were shown before they were just painted in videogame colors. Lets hope for the best

7 hours ago, red_bird08 said:

Rat king would be nice with baxter stockman.

On Toyark, some video footage was released of the NECA fan event which confirmed certain information for TMNT such as a new cartoon Foot Soldier two pack for army building & hinted at a mutation weapon that I think was used by Baxter Stockman.

The Slash and Leatherhead according to Rakanishu who was at the event yesterday will be a two pack for Target released in Jan or Feb 2020. Rocksteady and Beebop (which we saw at Toy Fair) will be released after Slash and Leatherhead.  No idea how or where that Arcade Shredder fits into things.

NECA said next year will be a very good year for Turtle fans and we will be seeing TMNT 2 Secret Of The Ooze figures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Arkana99 said:

I wish Neca made figures from the recent Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show which i'm enjoying more than i would have thought, right now we only have the basic figures.

Their designs are very stylized & the villains could make great toys. Playmates has been pretty slow with new releases so NECA doing other turtles would be great. Although it'll be a while for something that good to happen. The 2012 TMNT got the accurate toys with Revoltech but that took about 2 years after the show started.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bryant3B said:

Man, that’s a big want for me. I’m sure NECA will get to it at some point, just hope it’s not a convention exclusive. I’m guessing a deluxe release, probably $50 on its own. 

These all look great, but I’m curious to see how Super7’s stuff will compare and which company collectors will go with. SDCC will be interesting, to be sure. 

With NECA having retail outlets that will carry these versus Super7 that will most likely be online only and via an advance preorder with a short window NECA will most likely have the advantage.  On the flip side, given the difficulty of finding things at retail versus simply being able to place a preorder and thus guaranteeing that you have a means to never miss a figure then that could get the attention to some of those fans frustrated that they never find these things at their local store.  But then there is price—NECA at $25 per figure which is a price most already consider too high vs presumably $35-40 plus shipping at Super7.  I think if it comes down to it NECA would win this if it were a competition.

That said I think there could be room for both especially if Super7 is planning to do what I suspect they are planning to do which is base their line more on the inspiration of the vintage toy line.  

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, JayC said:

NECA-TMNT-YesterCades-03.jpg

Check out that shot of Leatherhead next to Arcade Shredder. Granted, sometimes this sort of thing is difficult to judge in photos, but the guy looks friggin' huge!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

That said I think there could be room for both especially if Super7 is planning to do what I suspect they are planning to do which is base their line more on the inspiration of the vintage toy line.  

That's something that hadn't occured to me. I could totally see them going for a more classic toy look with their line and would definitely give fans another reason to collect those along side NECA's offerings.