Medicom Launching DC Comic Book Based MAFEX Figures Starting With Hush Batman In 2020

JayC

2020 looks like has just gotten even more interesting for DC Comic fans as it appears Medicom will be throwing it's hat into the 6" comic book based action figure ring with new MAFEX figures. We've seen them doing this more and more with Marvel based figures but now we appear to be getting a new Batman figure from the classic Jim Lee Hush Batman storyline. I'm not sure where this magazine scan originated from that has started making the social media rounds, but we can see the figure will be chalked with accessories including an unmasked Bruce Wayne head and two masked ones.

The cape appears to be a soft-goods one and multiple hands and batarangs seem to be included as well. The figure will be released in April 2020.

McFarlane Toys will also be launching a new line of collector-oriented DC Comic based figures around the same time next year so it will be interesting to see which company is able to capture the hearts and minds (or more specifically the wallets) of collectors. The one thing McFarlane will have going for it will be price as the MAFEX ones tend to run in the $80+ range while the McFarlane figures will cost more in the $20 range.

With Medicom doing Hush Batman you know they have to have plans for some of the many villains that appeared in that story as well. Better quality images and details should be coming soon from Medicom, so stay-tuned.

MAFEX-HUSH-Batman-Preview.jpg

Not the look that I would go for the first figure BUT I am beyond stoked!

It's definitely a good time to be a Batman fan. 

Is it 2020 already?

55 minutes ago, Satam said:

Badass!  If they make a Joker (or a lot of other characters) I am going to be all over it.

You bet they will.

The question is which character will follow?

A good Superman wouldn't be bad. 

15 minutes ago, FASVB said:

You bet they will.

The question is which character will follow?

A good Superman wouldn't be bad. 

I would be all over a Superman figure!!!! I've been going back and forth on whether to buy the Justice League Henry Cavill Superman, but now I'll just wait for the comic version. 2020 is going to be awesome between Medicom and McFarlane making DC comic figures!!!!

Great to hear that Medicom is jumping into the DC 6' scale with their MAFEX line. Hush Batman looks interesting, that price point will give me pause here, need to see more. With this news and the upcoming McFarlane DC line upcoming, 2020 will be an interesting year for DC fans!

3 hours ago, Satam said:

I think a good Superman would be good, actually.

You know what I mean.  They could even stick to the Jim Lee style. We will probably hear more from this in a few months. My best guess would be in three months we will be seeing a prototype. I don't know hen the nest Wonderfest will take place. 

4 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I would be all over a Superman figure!!!! I've been going back and forth on whether to buy the Justice League Henry Cavill Superman, but now I'll just wait for the comic version. 2020 is going to be awesome between Medicom and McFarlane making DC comic figures!!!!

McFarlane will make cheaper figures that would have very basic accessories.  To get the more high end figures, you will have to go for Medicom. The Superman from Mezco was a general disappointment.  I really hope that in the near future they take another crack at it.  They have made so many Batmen and only 2 Superman. In the near future, MEdicom is your best bet for a 6 inch highly articulated and with lots of accessories. 

Looks amazing, Im most likely getting this figure.

I wonder if they do a Superman (seeing as they are sticking to a certain artist or story arc with this Hush Batman) what Artist style Superman would you like to see? Would you go with Jim Lee as well, or go with Dan Jurgens from the very famous Death of superman Arc, or go a diferent route 

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

McFarlane will make cheaper figures that would have very basic accessories.  To get the more high end figures, you will have to go for Medicom. The Superman from Mezco was a general disappointment.  I really hope that in the near future they take another crack at it.  They have made so many Batmen and only 2 Superman. In the near future, MEdicom is your best bet for a 6 inch highly articulated and with lots of accessories. 

Definitely agree on the Mezco. Just seeing the images of it I didn't have any interest.

Mafex is killing it! I was hoping they'd do the same with DC as they've been doing with Marvel and now it looks like they will. High end comic figures with classic looks. The shading looks great, the cape looks great, the musculature and proportions look great. This looks like the end all be all Hush Batman and may be the definitive Batman figure in a lot of people's collections.
That Mezco PX Sovereign Knight Batman figure is going to drop a lot of preorders with the announcement of this figure and I've already seen people canceling them already. Everybody wants to put their own twist on certain comic book outfits, but it's unfortunately rare to get a company that just puts out a solid representation of a comic book look without adding their own flavor to it. 
The only problem with Mafex is their new price point. Almost a bill for each figure after shipping is hard to stomach, but I'll definitely be picking this up. 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, Joe_ker said:

Looks awesome. Loved the Jim lee hush run. I’m unfamiliar with the company what would the price range be?

Most MAFEX figures cost around $95 - $105 when bought on BigBadToyStore.

I guess this was meant to coincide with the Hush animated movie.