Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

2019 SDCC One:12 Collective Commissioner James Gordon and Bat Signal Preview

Recommended Posts

Mezco has revealed their next 2019 Summer exclusive with the One:12 Collective DC Comics Commissioner James Gordon and Bat Signal figure. Preorder for this one will be available 6/19 at 1:00 PM EST on the Mezco website. It will cost $125.

One-12-Collective-SDCC_Gordon.Jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about this yesterday. 

When they never show a figure again  (after revealing it at a convention) for some reason or  after a while it just doesn't show up in any catalog or the solicitations is just not there, you can be almost 100% sure that it will be an exclusive figure. 

They've done it with several figures like Batman Beyond and Knightmare

I really wanted this. Almost every Batman fan wants a cool Gordon to display next to it. So once again I'm very sad and disappointed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FASVB said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. 

When they never show a figure again  (after revealing it at a convention) for some reason or  after a while it just doesn't show up in any catalog or the solicitations is just not there, you can be almost 100% sure that it will be an exclusive figure. 

They've done it with several figures like Batman Beyond and Knightmare

I really wanted this. Almost every Batman fan wants a cool Gordon to display next to it. So once again I'm very sad and disappointed. 

 

Wait, does Mezco not sell their Comic Con "exclusives" online anymore?  They used to.  I got a quite a few figures that way when I couldn't  be in San Diego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satam said:

Wait, does Mezco not sell their Comic Con "exclusives" online anymore?  They used to.  I got a quite a few figures that way when I couldn't  be in San Diego.

They do, but to me is a lot of hassle to get those. I am not in the US you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FASVB said:

They do, but to me is a lot of hassle to get those. I am not in the US you know. 

Fully aware. Gotta be less of a hassle than trying to somehow get to San Diego and into the Con and probably cheaper than Ebay, no?  Trying to be optimistic here. 
Still, I do have to agree that making Gordon an exclusive when that figure would surely be more in demand than something like Diabolik does indeed suck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Satam said:

Fully aware. Gotta be less of a hassle than trying to somehow get to San Diego and into the Con and probably cheaper than Ebay, no?  Trying to be optimistic here. 
Still, I do have to agree that making Gordon an exclusive when that figure would surely be more in demand than something like Diabolik does indeed suck.

I never like it when essential characters end up being exclusives. SH Figuarts did the same thing with their Lupin The 3rd line by making half of the team online exclusives & they never finished the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bat Signal, the searchlight device used to summon Batman, is rotatable and shines bright in any direction it’s pointed. Simply flip the switch on the base to power it on and crank the handle to emit the Bat emblem onto a flat surface.

The One:12 Collective Commissioner James Gordon figure comes with two head sculpts portraying a mid-career James W. Gordon as well as an older portrait. The figure is outfitted in a button-down shirt with necktie, a removable trench coat, slacks, and dress shoes. Committed to ridding Gotham City of crime, he comes well equipped with a removable GCPD issued tactical vest with functioning zipper, and a that belt can hold his GCPD police badge, walkie talkie, and handgun with holster.

Set the scene with the included diorama display which portrays a gritty, urban rooftop where the Bat Signal can be used to light up the Gotham sky.

Somewhat skeptical of Batman’s vigilante method, Commissioner Gordon recognizes the necessity of Batman and the two have developed a mutual respect, a steely forged alliance, and implicit friendship. This figure is up for pre-order now on Mezco's website.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE COMMISSIONER GORDON FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
- Two (2) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Six (6) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) gun holding hand (R)
One (1) walkie-talkie holding hand (L)

COSTUME:
- Button-down shirt
- Neck tie (removable)
- GCPD tactical vest with functional zipper (removable)
- Belt
- Slacks
- Dress shoes


ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) rotatable Bat Signal with light-up function
- One (1) trench coat (removable)
- One (1) wristwatch (removable)
- One (1) walkie-talkie (attaches to belt)
- One (1) GCPD badge (attaches to belt)
- One (1) handgun with holster (attaches to belt)
- One (1) gun blast FX
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Commissioner Gordon and Bat Signal are packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-01.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-02.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-03.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-04.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-05.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-06.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-07.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-08.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-09.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-10.Jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Satam said:

Fully aware. Gotta be less of a hassle than trying to somehow get to San Diego and into the Con and probably cheaper than Ebay, no?  Trying to be optimistic here. 
Still, I do have to agree that making Gordon an exclusive when that figure would surely be more in demand than something like Diabolik does indeed suck.

They have international shipping yes, but the amount that I will pay for shipping and the tax  together is more than the set. 

So unless some miracle happens I will have to pass this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A

1 hour ago, JayC said:

The Bat Signal, the searchlight device used to summon Batman, is rotatable and shines bright in any direction it’s pointed. Simply flip the switch on the base to power it on and crank the handle to emit the Bat emblem onto a flat surface.

The One:12 Collective Commissioner James Gordon figure comes with two head sculpts portraying a mid-career James W. Gordon as well as an older portrait. The figure is outfitted in a button-down shirt with necktie, a removable trench coat, slacks, and dress shoes. Committed to ridding Gotham City of crime, he comes well equipped with a removable GCPD issued tactical vest with functioning zipper, and a that belt can hold his GCPD police badge, walkie talkie, and handgun with holster.

Set the scene with the included diorama display which portrays a gritty, urban rooftop where the Bat Signal can be used to light up the Gotham sky.

Somewhat skeptical of Batman’s vigilante method, Commissioner Gordon recognizes the necessity of Batman and the two have developed a mutual respect, a steely forged alliance, and implicit friendship. This figure is up for pre-order now on Mezco's website.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE COMMISSIONER GORDON FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
- Two (2) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Six (6) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) gun holding hand (R)
One (1) walkie-talkie holding hand (L)

COSTUME:
- Button-down shirt
- Neck tie (removable)
- GCPD tactical vest with functional zipper (removable)
- Belt
- Slacks
- Dress shoes


ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) rotatable Bat Signal with light-up function
- One (1) trench coat (removable)
- One (1) wristwatch (removable)
- One (1) walkie-talkie (attaches to belt)
- One (1) GCPD badge (attaches to belt)
- One (1) handgun with holster (attaches to belt)
- One (1) gun blast FX
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Commissioner Gordon and Bat Signal are packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-01.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-02.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-03.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-04.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-05.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-06.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-07.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-08.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-09.Jpg

One-12-Collective-SDCC-Gordon-10.Jpg

I think I like the gray-haired head better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well looks like you got me Mezco and I’ll be fighting to get in your booth again this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats a nice looking set, ill have to pass as well since im not in the us either and with international shipping and taxes its just not warranted, still a nice looking figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't planning on picking one up until they dropped the review of the figure on YouTube about 15 minutes before the figure dropped and that Bat signal shown in the review convinced me to pick him up. The light looks really nice and spotlights pretty well. 
He wasn't that hard to pick up relative to other exclusives and I'm not sure if that was because they made a larger quantity of these than usual or if there were a lot of people deciding to pass on him. 
Hopefully them calling this a "deluxe" edition means they'll make another Gordon as a regular release for everyone who couldn't get this one or didn't want to spend the extra cash to get the spotlight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Merchverse said:

I'm surprised these sell out so fast with the high price points.

I also was a little surprised it sold so quickly. I do like that light up Bat signal and Gordon himself looks great just on his own. I guess because this is Batman related as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE