Mezco Teases One:12 Collective Gomez - Street Edition Figure For 2019 SDCC

JayC

Mezco has teased their first 2019 San Diego Comic Con exclusive with a One:12 Collective Gomez - Street Edition. The figure will be made available for pre-order on the Mezco website tomorrow.

One-12-SDCC-Gomez-Street-Edition.jpg

One-12-SDCC-Gomez-Street-Edition-01.jpg

Cool figure, however not my style. I really hope this time they don't make that figure we want the sot as a SDCC exclusive. I am still pissed about Batman Beyond and Tigerstripe Wolverine. 

Well this is one SDCC Exclusive I’ll be skipping.  I know people went crazy for a similar figure given out at NYTF but I can’t see them getting that level of fan fare frenzy  on this mascot a second time.  

I’m interested to see what else Mezco is bringing to the show.  Last year at SDCC the Mezco line was TERRIBLE!  The line was constantly at capacity and it took forever to try to just get into the line.  Last year I failed to get in that Mezco line on Preview Night (although to be fair once I saw how bad it was I decided to just go and try to cross most of the other booths off my list and come back to Mezco on Thursday).  Thursday I finally did get in their line but that still took a couple of hours—although it was a good thing I did because I think they completely sold out of everything for the show by the end of that day. 

So we’ll see what else Mezco is bringing this time but honestly I’d be fine if this year I could just skip their line all together.  If I were to skip the Mezco line this year it would be the first SDCC in over a decade where I didn’t buy anything at their booth.  

I dont get the appeal, in part its less about the figure and more about the perceived rarity of it. I wouldnt be surprised if this one has the same appeal. Im sorry, I dont care if they only made 3 of them that sky rocket in price on eBay, its a pretty dumb figure IMO. 

Gomez, sole operating agent of The Void, comes outfitted in a striped shirt, removable army jacket that is customizable with an included set of cloth stickers, and jeans. He’s prepared to navigate any concrete jungle with his high-tech hoverboard, which magnetically attaches to his feet. Gomez is also equipped with a backpack with adjustable straps and hook-and-loop closure, and a removable windbreaker with functional zipper and drawstring hood.

The insecta-sapien of mystery comes complete with an impressive arsenal consisting of a takedown “construct-rifle” that forms several weapons and conceals neatly in his boom box sidekick, Boom Boom. Also included are his trusty Cosmic Pea-Shooter - a small blaster pistol with a big kick, the Zip-Sword with sheath and adjustable cross-body strap, two Doom Cocktail grenades, and tons of more accessories.

Gomez is always prepared for any inter-dimensional mission and receives instructions via a combination of subliminal broadcasts and interfacing with his boom box, Boom Boom. What adventures lie ahead? You decide.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE GOMEZ FIGURE FEATURES:
-One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
-Four (4) head portraits
-Hand painted authentic detailing
-Approximately 17cm tall
-Fourteen (14) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of sword holding hands (L&R)
One (1) pointing hand (R)
One (1) two-finger pointing hand (L)
One (1) rifle holding hand (R)
One (1) rifle bracing hand (L)
One (1) gun holding hand (L&R)
One (1) middle finger hand (L)
One (1) grenade holding hand (L)

COSTUME:
-Striped long-sleeve shirt
-Army jacket with functional zipper (removable)
-Jeans
-Sneakers

ACCESSORIES:
-One (1) wristwatch (removable)
-One (1) scarf with integrated posing wire
-One (1) backpack with adjustable straps & hook-and-loop closure
-One (1) windbreaker with functional zipper and drawstring hood (removable)
-One (1) takedown rifle with two (2) removable magazines (fits in boom box)
-One (1) Boom Boom boom box
-One (1) sticker sheet for boom box, sword sheath, or wherever
-One (1) Cosmic Peashooter blaster gun
-One (1) Zip Sword with sheath (with adjustable cross-body strap)
-Two (2) Doom Cocktail grenades
-Two (2) FX gun blasts
-One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
-One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Gomez – Street Edition figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind. The figure is available for pre-order on the Mezco website.

2019-SDCC-Gomez-01.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-02.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-03.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-04.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-05.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-06.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-07.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-08.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-09.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-10.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-11.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-12Jpg.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-13.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-14.Jpg

2019-SDCC-Gomez-15.Jpg

I picked one up. He'll make for a nice Peter Parker custom. 
I saw a lot of people saying they'd pass on this one until they found out it was more limited than the last Gomez and John Wick exclusives, then they changed their minds. lol 
I can't stand hype beasts. 

On 6/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, JayC said:

I dont get the appeal, in part its less about the figure and more about the perceived rarity of it. I wouldnt be surprised if this one has the same appeal. Im sorry, I dont care if they only made 3 of them that sky rocket in price on eBay, its a pretty dumb figure IMO. 

Yeah, I don't get the appeal either but then again I don't much care for Mezco either way.