Batman 80th Anniversary 6" DC Multiverse Wave Coming From Mattel

JayC

Up for pre-order now at BigBadToyStore is a new wave of DC Multiverse 6" figures from Mattel that will be celebrating Batman's 80th Anniversary. The wave includes the following figures:

- Katana figure
- Batman (Grayson) figure
- Red Robin (Drake) figure
- Red Hood (Todd) figure
- Alfred Pennyworth figure
- KGBeast figure

Killer Croc is the Collect-And-Connect figure.

We saw the Red Robin figure on display during Toy Fair in February which you can check out below. Official images for this wave have yet to be released but these are listed with a July release date.

DC-Multiverse-Logo.jpg

IMG_4464__scaled_800.jpg

This Robis looks very cool. I would however try to custom the logo oh his chest for a regulara Drake Robin. He is my favorite of all Robins. 

1 hour ago, XaeroGravity said:

Worth noting that BBTS has Katana listed rather than First Appearance Batman.

They must have changed it because originally they had 1st Appearance Batman listed.

1 minute ago, JayC said:

They must have changed it because originally they had 1st Appearance Batman listed.

Yeah I thought I saw that too.  I wonder if that's coming this year because it's odd for them to mistakingly list it.  Honestly, I would have taken that over KGBeast.

Red Robin(Tim Drake), Red Hood and are the highlights for me here. Tim Drake was my favorite Robin so he is a no brainier and Red Hood I've been waiting on a good figure for him for awhile. 

Happy to see this wave finally go up!

Hope to eventually see that first appearance Batman soon!

This looks like a nice wave over all, and seeing its a 6 figure wave it stands to reason Croc will probably be pretty big (sort of like King Shark) the only thing im concerned with is Mattel being Mattel, I guess its a given we are getting this wave since its out on preorder now still their distribution is horrible and its hard close to impossible to find these in stores and with the licence runnning out I wonder how well distributed this wave will be before they cant anymore

Katana was already shown at SDCC 2018

I wonder whatever happened to Hawkgirl and Black CAnary

Hawkgirl.jpg

Katana.jpg

Black Canary.jpg

• Like 2

I hope the Alfred is Michael Gough from the first 4 Batman films, aka the only "true" Alfred Pennyworth.  Also curious what their Grayson Batman is going to look like.  And what happened to the all-black Keaton-ish Toy Biz 89 Batman we saw pics of?  

23 minutes ago, TheGrimeyGhost said:

I hope the Alfred is Michael Gough from the first 4 Batman films, aka the only "true" Alfred Pennyworth.  Also curious what their Grayson Batman is going to look like.  And what happened to the all-black Keaton-ish Toy Biz 89 Batman we saw pics of?  

Alfred will be probably a more classic and comic inspired one. 

Yeah about the Batman you mentioned, there are still a whole wave that could be released with Riddler, Poison Ivy and Joker. They also showes a Mammoth figure  at SDCC2018 that could be the C and C. 

They have a a small window to release these and if we do not see anything on this year's SDCC, they will most likely never see the light of day. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

I hope those two release as well. The prototypes looked really good.

I specially liked Canary. but like I said the window is closing. If they are not released as store exclusives, they probably never will. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

I specially liked Canary. but like I said the window is closing. If they are not released as store exclusives, they probably never will. 

I hope they are. We haven't seen a decent black canary from either DC collectibles or Mattel in a decade. Hawkgirl was pending approval so let's hope it went through.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, Satam said:

Are there no pictures for most of these?  Why would I preorder something without knowing what it looks like?

IDK but people do it all the time.

5 hours ago, Batman923989 said:

Really looking forward to these figures, but they are kinda difficult to get where I live. The last waves that were in store were the Ares and King Shark waves, and not many online stores in Australia carry them.

There distribution is wonky everywhere. Not just Australia.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, red_bird08 said:

There distribution is wonky everywhere. Not just Australia.

Tell me about it.The only store in my area that carries them is a single Target, and they've had the same two Arrowverse Martian Manhunter figures for months now.