2019 SDCC Exclusive 7" DC Comics Vs Dark Horse Comics Superman And Alien 2-Pack From NECA Revealed

JayC

In the 1995 Superman/Aliens comic book mini-series co-published by DC Comics and Dark Horse, Superman faces the ferocious Xenomorphs on a search-and-rescue mission to a planet without a yellow sun, the source of his immense power.

The set includes two brand new, comic book based figures, both with over 30 points of articulation. Superman stands approximately 7” tall, features a fabric cape and comes with attachable eye blast effect. The Alien stands approximately 9” tall and has a bendable tail.

This action figure 2-pack is inspired by classic comic book mash-ups! This set is based on a DC/Dark Horse mini-series and comes in window box packaging with embossed opening flap.

Retail: $60

This will be made available in limited numbers to those not attending SDCC on the NECA store. See more details on how to obtain the set if not attending the convention here.

The final NECA SDCC exclusive reveal is expected to come later today, so stay-tuned.

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-01.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-02.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-03.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-04.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-05.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-06.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-07.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-08.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-09.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-10.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-11.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-12.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-13.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-14.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-15.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-16.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-17.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-18.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-19.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-20.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-21.jpg

DC-Vs-Darkhorse-SDCC-2019-NECA-Superman-Aliens-Exclusive-22.jpg

Yeah glad they kept the heat vision effects for Superman. Hopefully the second set revealed will be the Armored Batman with Predator. I loved that Armored Batman when I saw it several years ago at Toy Fair.

• Like 1

That's it, wife's gonna kill me once I hit up all these NECA preorders. Absolute knock outs of sets here. Not even a big Superman fan, but that's the general look I would add to a collection if I was going that route. Those pics easily convinced me on it. 

If I had a choise of one of both sets Id rather get the armored batman set before this one, Id still really like this one but Id rather get the armored batman one but seeing these will be SDCC exclusives Itll be very hard to get any, I live outside US and Neca doesnt ship outside the US, and I wont be able to attend SDCC, so unless I find it in the secondary market for a decent price (which I doubt) or hoping Neca is able to release these figures later as some sort of store exclusive (which is also hard to see happening, Im thinking the deal with dc was harder to get these figures than the rights for the TMNT, so unless there is a miracle Im thinking I probably wont ever see these figures in my collection 😭)

This Superman is amazing, looks like definitive post crisis Superman, reminds me a lot of John Byrne art. However, that cape does look little weird where it supposed to tuck into costume and S logo could have been much bigger and prominent on his chest. 

That Superman looks even better than I imagined.  It’s getting expensive but I think I’ll have to pick up an extra one of these at the Con now just so I can have one to open.  

I really hope a miracle happens and we get some form of this released at retail, but that probably won't happen. I love that Superman, as far as looks alone go, NECA has beat every Multiverse Superman from Mattel in one go. I'd be really interested to see what else NECA could do with DC characters. 

NECA had the pre-orders go up today but was unaware that the 2 DC sets were available only as a bundle, I just wanted the Superman set. Didn't matter anyhow because they were sold out quickly. Better luck tomorrow.

3 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

NECA had the pre-orders go up today but was unaware that the 2 DC sets were available only as a bundle, I just wanted the Superman set. Didn't matter anyhow because they were sold out quickly. Better luck tomorrow.

I'll hopefully learn from today's experience and be much quicker tomorrow.