New Tron Select 7" Figures Coming From Diamond Select Toys

JayC

A Diamond Select Toys Release! Halt, user! For the first time ever, the classic sci-fi movie Tron gets movie-accurate action figures! Each 7-inch scale action figure is based on the look of a character from the 1982 film - Tron, Sark and Infiltrator Flynn in his red infiltration disguise. Each features approximately 16 points of articulation and interchangeable disc accessories and effects, as well as a piece of a buildable Recognizer vehicle! Packaged in the display-ready Select action figure packaging, with side-panel artwork for shelf reference. Designed by Eamon O'Donoghue, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios. You can pre-order these now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Tron-Select-Figures.jpg

This is awesome! Love Tron, used to watch that movie multiple times when I was a kid! These figures at the '7 scale work great for me since I primarily collect MOTU Classics, these would fit right in! Diamond Selects hitting it out of the ballpark here, will definitely be getting all these!

This isn't too surprising since Diamond Selects also did two of these characters in their Kingdom Hearts Select line. In fact, I'm pretty should they just reusing Tron and Sark's bodies, just with different paint jobs. Still, great for Tron fans.

2 hours ago, Kenwriter said:

This isn't too surprising since Diamond Selects also did two of these characters in their Kingdom Hearts Select line. In fact, I'm pretty should they just reusing Tron and Sark's bodies, just with different paint jobs. Still, great for Tron fans.

I think there is added articulation. You also will be getting disc accessories and effects. The coolest thing to me here though is the Recognizer build-a-pieces. I am still waiting to hear back from DST about what the size of that will be when it's put together.

@JayC After waching your news video, I also thought it was strange they went with the red suit Flynn but after you mentioned "BAF" Recognizer parts these will come with Im thinking it might be a line kind of like Ghostbusters where the pieces to build the Recognizer will not all be included in this wave and they have at least another wave in line later down the road that would complete also include pieces for the recognizer and that way it would be bigger, maybe they knew both a Blue Fynn and Tron would be the mayor sellers so they went with Red Flynn for the first wave to be able to then put a blue flynn in the next wave and ensure that wave does well too.

10 hours ago, abnuggler said:

@JayC After waching your news video, I also thought it was strange they went with the red suit Flynn but after you mentioned "BAF" Recognizer parts these will come with Im thinking it might be a line kind of like Ghostbusters where the pieces to build the Recognizer will not all be included in this wave and they have at least another wave in line later down the road that would complete also include pieces for the recognizer and that way it would be bigger, maybe they knew both a Blue Fynn and Tron would be the mayor sellers so they went with Red Flynn for the first wave to be able to then put a blue flynn in the next wave and ensure that wave does well too.

While I am still waiting to hear on the size I checked with DST and they said you will only need these three figures to complete the Recognizer. I had the same thought about them possibly breaking the pieces up in multiple waves, but doesn't look like they are going that route. The Recognizer being even remotely in scale with 7" figures doesn't seem likely IMO if it only takes three figures to complete it.

14 hours ago, JayC said:

While I am still waiting to hear on the size I checked with DST and they said you will only need these three figures to complete the Recognizer. I had the same thought about them possibly breaking the pieces up in multiple waves, but doesn't look like they are going that route. The Recognizer being even remotely in scale with 7" figures doesn't seem likely IMO if it only takes three figures to complete it.

That’s a bummer if it’s not at least somewhat close to scale.  I’ll still likely pick these up.  

2nd wave would be nice but I feel like that’s unlikely.  Still disappointed that after years and years of waiting we never got the 2nd wave of Pulp Fiction figures (nor the first wave of Kill Bill).  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JayC said:

DST has released an image of the Recognizer but no word yet on the size.

TronRecognizer.jpg

Hmmm....  Maybe it’s the fact that it’s in a white background instead of a the mostly black environment of the film but this looks off to me.  

11 hours ago, JayC said:

DST has released an image of the Recognizer but no word yet on the size.

TronRecognizer.jpg

It would also be good to know if this assembled to be a full 360 degree item or is it just like a diorama piece where if you looked at it from behind its hollow or unfinished.  

9 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

It would also be good to know if this assembled to be a full 360 degree item or is it just like a diorama piece where if you looked at it from behind its hollow or unfinished.  

Im told the prototype is 10 x 12 in size, its unclear if the final version will be the same size.

I wish the likenesses were better. Hopefully the production pieces will look better in hand.

For series two I'd like RAM, Yori, and a Red Guard. For the build item I want Master Control with popcorn necklaces as accessories.

16 hours ago, Dorkraki said:

I wish the likenesses were better. Hopefully the production pieces will look better in hand.

For series two I'd like RAM, Yori, and a Red Guard. For the build item I want Master Control with popcorn necklaces as accessories.

I'd love RAM, Yori and a Red Guard to go with these, too! Likenesses could definitely be a bit stronger but I still am just stoked to get Tron figures after all this time!