2019 SDCC Exclusive NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7" Scale 90's Movie 4-Pack With Shredder And Splinter Revealed

JayC

To keep up with tradition, NECA is happy to announce their first SDCC 2019 Exclusive, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Movie) - 7” Scale Action Figure - “The Capture of Splinter” 4-Pack!

After wading in a puddle of radioactive waste, four ordinary reptiles become more than just turtles, and are raised by the similarly transformed rat Splinter to become New York City’s greatest crime-fighting quartet. Their biggest enemy—and Splinter’s nemesis—is The Shredder, ruthless leader of the Foot Clan, a criminal organization that’s terrorizing the city. Yet is only after Splinter is captured by the Foot that the Turtles learn how far back his feud with Shredder goes...

This epic box set recreates the “Capture of Splinter” scene from the 1990 movie in 7” scale, all the way down to the in-box positioning! The set includes Splinter (with cloth robe), Shredder (with cloth cape), and two Foot soldiers, plus plenty of extras: manacles, a cardstock crate, and a weapons rack for storing all the Foot clan accessories.

Slipcase over window box packaging.

Be on the lookout for NECA's next SDCC reveal coming on Saturday, May 25th. Could it be DC related???

This will be made available in limited numbers to those not attending SDCC on the NECA store. The set will cost $125. See more details on how to obtain the set if not attending the convention here.

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-01.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-02.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-03.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-04.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-05.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-06.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-07.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-08.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-09.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-10.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-11.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-12.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-13.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-14.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-15.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-16.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-17.jpg

NECA-2019-SDCC-TMNT-Boxset-18.jpg

• Like 1

Looking forward to picking this up.  Hopefully the line at the NECA booth is better this year.  Last year with the Hasbro line being calmed down due to SDCC’s new lotto system Mezco and NECA suddenly became the crazy long lines people were fighting to get in. 

I’m really curious to see what the packout is on this set though since I’m guessing there will be a standard release of these figures at some point via GameStop.  I wish NECA had included the packaging images.  

Finally, TMNT movie Shredder and Foot clan in my preferred scale! Shredder looks excellent - fingers crossed that these get offshore release for us international collectors in the not-too-distant future!

oooh loving these, Ill have to wait to see if these are released as store exclusives later like the turtles did, I also hope they have more information on the international deal they made soon since I live outside the US, I only managed to get my set of gamestop turtles from someone who was re-selling them here, I didnt pay too much more but I still rather pay a decent price at a store that is officially distributing them. From a twitter response I saw the deal does include my country but still no word on what store will be carrying the turtles (still havent gotten the cartoon sets) 

This is an awesome set! I really need to find a way to get the turtles. I want them so badly but money is sparse and I have to be a bit picky with my purchase choices. 

this literally gave me flashbacks of childhood! neca really does a damn fine job. i always thought shredders cape looked like a giant trash bag.

My big take away from this set? There is now a Splinter tool.Granted, it's in a totally different style, but the important thing is, we're one step closer to having a Splinter for the hypothetical continuation of the 'toon packs.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

NECA is going to be announcing another SDCC exclusive today, could one of these be it?

Untitled 2.jpg

Well obviously none of those was today’s reveal but I am wagering at least one of the DC/Darkhorse packs will be announced as an exclusive for this year.  

My guess is maybe both the Batman/Predator and the Superman/Alien will be SDCC and Batman/Aliens will be NYCC.

Do we know that John Connor isn’t coming at retail? 

I love the Shredder but I feel like Splinter is the true highlight of this set.  I’m going to continue to pick up any figures they make in this scale but for the 1/4 scale my plane was to just stick with the 4 Turtles.  Looking at this Splintet though I feel like if/when they eventually announce a 1/4 scale of him I might find myself needing him too.  

On 5/25/2019 at 7:01 AM, JayC said:

NECA is going to be announcing another SDCC exclusive today, could one of these be it?

Untitled 2.jpg

Sounds like NECA just confirmed that 2 of the DC vs Darkhorse sets will be among the SDCC exclusives 

That 4 figure set is a 100% must buy. The 1990's turtles are tops of my list as one of the best sets of figures ever made and those just make it more complete. One of the few lines I'll buy multiples of. Almost everything NECA is making is turning to gold for a while now. Only thing I'm not looking forward to for their SDCC announcements is how my wallet will look after pre-orders are done. 

I could see them getting released to Gamestop next year. They still have a lot on their plate TMNT wise with the cartoon 2 packs second wave in the fall plus the international expansion of their TMNT lines so timelines may be stretched for when they get individual releases but down the road for sure. 

2 hours ago, Sprunt said:

I could see them getting released to Gamestop next year. They still have a lot on their plate TMNT wise with the cartoon 2 packs second wave in the fall plus the international expansion of their TMNT lines so timelines may be stretched for when they get individual releases but down the road for sure. 

Yeah I’m guessing just so long as nothing changes with Game Stop and/or Nickelodeon these probably will come out there but probably wouldn’t come out until early 2020

10 hours ago, Sprunt said:

I wonder if neca will ever do the 2003 series. That series was good too. They do have a lot on their plate as you pointed out.