'Terminator: Dark Fate' Official Teaser Poster & Teaser Trailer

Outsiders

Paramount Pictures and Skydance have released the first teaser poster for Terminator: Dark Fate with the teaser trailer set to debut on May 23rd.  The movie is a sequel to James Cameron’s 1991 follow-up Terminator 2: Judgment Day and finds Linda Hamilton reprising her role as Sarah Connor and Arnold Schwarzenegger back as the T-800.  Co-starring are Mackenzie Davis as Grace, Gabriel Luna as the new Terminator and Natalia Reyes as Dani Ramos.

Terminator: Dark Fate is directed by Tim Miller with James Cameron and David Ellison producing.  The script is written by Billy Ray, Justin Rhodes, David Goyer from a story by James Cameron, Charles Eglee and Josh Friedman.  Edward Cheng, Bonnie Curtis, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger, John J. Kelly and Julie Lynn are executive producing.

terminator_dark_fate_xlg.jpg

I didn't cared for Genyssis, so not really excited about this one, I'm starting to wonder if the Terminator franchise is played out. That said, I'm happy that Linda Hamilton is back and I liked Gabriel Luna in Agents of SHIELD so I'm curious to see him as a Terminator.

Josh Friedman created and was the showrunner for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.  Billy Ray wrote Captain Phillips, Shattered Glass, The Source Code, Hart's War and was the creator of and showrunner on Earth 2.  Charles H. Eglee wrote a bunch of episodes of The Shield,  Dexter, Moonlighting, and was the creator of Dark Angel.  Goyer is a mixed bag and Justin Rhodes hasn't really done anything, but with those guys, Tim Miller, and Cameron involved, I have high hopes for this.  Linda Hamilton and Gabriel Luna help, too.

Check out the new trailer for the next chapter in the Terminator Saga.

Welcome to the day after Judgment Day. Producer James Cameron returns with director Tim Miller for Terminator: Dark Fate. Watch the official trailer now.

In theatres 11.1.19.

The Movie stars Linda Hamilton (“Sarah Connor”) and Arnold Schwarzenegger (“T-800”) return in their iconic roles in Terminator: Dark Fate, directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool) and produced by visionary filmmaker James Cameron and David Ellison. Following the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Terminator: Dark Fate also stars Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna, and Diego Boneta.

While this has the best chance of being decent since T2 with the people involved in it, my basic feeling is this franchise is played out so its pretty hard to get hyped for even with Hamilton, Arnold and Cameron involved. I don't even really know how this will work with all the other movies since T2 having made such a mess of the timeline and all. Where is John???

31 minutes ago, JayC said:

While this has the best chance of being decent since T2 with the people involved in it, my basic feeling is this franchise is played out so its pretty hard to get hyped for even with Hamilton, Arnold and Cameron involved. I don't even really know how this will work with all the other movies since T2 having made such a mess of the timeline and all. Where is John???

My thoughts exactly. So will this be like an alternate reality where John died or something?

I was waiting for her to say "come with me if you wanna live".

But I guess that would be too much on the nose. 

Honestly seems like sort of a "feminist" version. All female protagonists. The antagonist is male and blah blah. 

Also what about the new female Terminator?  Is she like that version that Sam Worthington played? I'm gonna see it. But I don't have to high hopes Like you said the best movie was T2 and since then is mostly down the hill. Movies kept getting worse. 

Lets see. Skynet sends a Terminator back in time to kill someone crucial to the future human resistance . . . again. An older, wiser Sarah Connor shows up to save the day . . . again. We're doing the chick Terminator . . . again, the liquid metal Terminator . . . again, the half-human Terminator . . . again, and possibly the older model Terminator . . . again.

Yeah, I think bringing in Cameron to freshen things up was a good idea. 🙄

Yeah as much as I love the Terminator franchise, I feel like the series has lost its luster. They havent introduced any new ideas since pretty much T2 and oddly enough I enjoyed Salvation. Most of this just doesnt make any sense anymore but that tends to happen when you do a time travel mechanic to your story. However this looks 1000000000000000x better than Genysis so thats a plus. They just need to come up with new ideas with this property. Focus on skynet more or maybe do more already in the future type things. Enough with the gotta save someone in the past to save the future and bring another nano bot liquid metal terminator to take them down. Stuffs played out. 

Wow some of these comments are brutal, but since its that smart aleck Cameron let me get a few licks in. I think the franchise is played out also. if they had any sense they would try to get a crossover deal with Marvel and do a movie with the Terminator meets X Men. Tie in the Terminator story with the Sentinels. I know it sounds kind of crazy but so is Cameron. I don't hate the guy but still remembering how him and Jodi Foster have hated on the MCU in the past. They say Jodi's breath still smells like Crow's feet from the last two Avengers movies.

Ill see this movie but as many have stated already the premise is a little dated and replayed a little (intested to see if they could come up with something that would move the franchise in the right direction without crapping on the lore of the first 2 movies, like genesis did), still is it just me or does the CGI movements look clonky and a bit off, in some of the fighting scenes (like the one the new evil terminator jumps from the semi to the truck, and at the end where the blond "terminator" id fighting the "evil" one) the movements are weird and the cgi is lacking, reminded me a lot like the Matrix sequels CGI (decent cgi for its time but really outdated now)

This looks good, so far, hopefully it ends up being good. I would have preferred they continue the story of Salvation but it seems not everyone liked it or  that we have gotten another season of Sarah Connor Chronicles, that series was so good.