Michael Rooker In Talks To Play King Shark In 'The Suicide Squad' Sequel

Outsiders

According to TheWrap, the supervillain King Shark appears to be one of the newest characters to The Suicide Squad sequel and Guardians of the Galaxy alum Michael Rooker is in talks to play the role.  Created by Karl Kesel in 1994, the supervillain King Shark is a humanoid shark and the son of Chondrakha, the God of all Sharks. Introduced as a Superboy villain, King Shark has been a member of the Secret Six, the Secret Society of Super-Villains and the Suicide Squad.

The sequel to 2016's Suicide Squad is written and will be directed by Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn.  The sequel  will have a completely new take on the property, in which DC supervillains are recruited by the government to carry out secret missions too dirty for the likes of Superman and Batman.

Peter Safran and Charles Roven are producing.

The sequel to 2016’s “Suicide Squad” will hit theaters on Aug. 6, 2021.

Michael_Rooker_King_Shark.jpg

I think Dave Bautista would be a better fit (although I would rather seem him as Bane, but I'm guessing that because of Dune, we won't see him at all).  I just can't imagine Rooker's raspy voice and southern accent coming out of Nanaue's mouth.  John Cena was apparently in talks to join the cast, and I think he'd be a better fit for that character, too.  And I love Michael Rooker, but this doesn't seem right to me.  I would however, absolutly love it he were to play Sportsmaster, Unknown Soldier, or Captain Cold.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

UPDATE: Rumor denied by the actor

Thank God.  Again, I love Rooker, but he's not a good fit for that character.  He is, however, a fantastic fit for several others if he does wind up being cast in the movie eventually.

I think Michael Rooker is awesome but in Guardians he played Yondu like an alien version of his character in Walking Dead, whether that's on him or James Gunn I don't know but I rather have someone else in the role.