Jump to content
Outsiders

The CW Picks Up 'Batwoman'; Official Promo Teaser

Recommended Posts

The CW has released the first promo teaser for their latest superhero action series "Batwoman," which has just been officially picked up for its first season.  The first live-action scripted series to feature a lesbian superhero, Ruby Rose stars in the CW series based on the DC Comics character Kate Kane, Bruce Wayne's cousin who becomes Gotham's bat-costumed protector when Bruce mysteriously goes missing.

Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence.

Batwoman stars Ruby Rose, Dougray Scott, Elizabeth Anweis, Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson, Nicole Kang, Rachel Skarsten

Batwoman.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tramp-stamped lesbian super-heroine with a Batman tie-in. There was never even a chance of an outcome where this steaming pile of Berlanti wouldn't get picked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, mako said:

A tramp-stamped lesbian super-heroine with a Batman tie-in. There was never even a chance of an outcome where this steaming pile of Berlanti wouldn't get picked up.

You say that like there is something wrong with a A tramp-stamped lesbian super-heroine??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New image stills show off Batman's suit for the Arrow-verse

 

 

batwoman-motorcycle-ruby-rose-01.jpg

Batwoman-Poster.jpg

batwoman-ruby-rose-Batsuit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New trailer

CW has released a new trailer for the upcoming Batwoman series.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satam said:

I doubt they'll ever actually have Batman on screen, but okay. 

They've had Superman multiple times on Supergirl so dont think its out of the realm of possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to this new series, so glad this is coming out, sort of gives a different perspective of the usual superhero fare. Batwomen has promise, hope it's good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

New trailer

CW has released a new trailer for the upcoming Batwoman series.
 

 

Man.  Part of me was hoping this wouldn't look terrible.  Oof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JayC said:

You say that like there is something wrong with a A tramp-stamped lesbian super-heroine??

In every way, shape and form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako said:

In every way, shape and form.

I see nothing wrong with that aspect of it because that is how the character was established in the comic. Well IDK if she has tattoos in the comics but def was established to be a lesbian character. If you dont like the character for whatever reason that's your business (though don't know why you would even be interested in a show about a character you don't like hence here commenting on it) but you can't fault the show for staying true to the character in that regards. 

I've seen nothing here that says god this will be awful nor have I seen anything that says this will be great either. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Batman does in fact show up just like Superman has in Supergirl but by know means will he ever be the main focus.

The CW shows in general have been hit and miss. Both Arrow and Flash seem to have kinda run their course. They can't seem to come up with a real villain for Flash to face off with other than a Speedster which has gotten old and Arrow, well its ending so I think its time. Supergirl was not good the first half of this season but thought the second half with the whole Lex Luthor aspect has been pretty good. Legends of Tomorrow is ok but again seems to have kinda played itself out. Black Lightning in the last few years has probably been the best of the bunch though it has no role so far at least with the other shows.

I don't really expect Batwoman to be fantastic great but it will probably be watchable, and like I say I would not be surprised, when they need a rating boost they do actually introduce Bruce Wayne/Batman, probably in the second or third season of the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

I see nothing wrong with that aspect of it because that is how the character was established in the comic. Well IDK if she has tattoos in the comics but def was established to be a lesbian character. If you dont like the character for whatever reason that's your business (though don't know why you would even be interested in a show about a character you don't like hence here commenting on it) but you can't fault the show for staying true to the character in that regards. 

I've seen nothing here that says god this will be awful nor have I seen anything that says this will be great either. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Batman does in fact show up just like Superman has in Supergirl but by know means will he ever be the main focus.

The CW shows in general have been hit and miss. Both Arrow and Flash seem to have kinda run their course. They can't seem to come up with a real villain for Flash to face off with other than a Speedster which has gotten old and Arrow, well its ending so I think its time. Supergirl was not good the first half of this season but thought the second half with the whole Lex Luthor aspect has been pretty good. Legends of Tomorrow is ok but again seems to have kinda played itself out. Black Lightning in the last few years has probably been the best of the bunch though it has no role so far at least with the other shows.

I don't really expect Batwoman to be fantastic great but it will probably be watchable, and like I say I would not be surprised, when they need a rating boost they do actually introduce Bruce Wayne/Batman, probably in the second or third season of the show.

Well, to be fair, I'm sure if you looked past Berlanti's horrible record balancing actual plot with sodomite propaganda, the obvious man-bashing, what little plot there is being ripped directly from the CW's Birds of Prey series, and the fact the main character is one of the most blatant stereotypes I've ever seen, then this thing . . . this thing would probably still be a turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the actress, but I'll still give this a look and see how it goes. I never really thought much about the CW shows but they have been decent at least, so maybe this one will surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sodomite-propaganda what lol :D  Man bashing.... Yes It's cheesy with "hero-Her" and it "will be perfect when it fits woman" lines but CW shows are cheesy af.  My real issue is that source material seem better fit stylistically for  HBO, DC universe or even Legion type show no CW. From trailer show doesn't have that "artsy" visual flare comic had. I do wish it was made into moderate budget indie style  movie instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE