NECA's TMNT's Figures Go Global

JayC

U.S.-based National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) announced today the expansion of its licensing agreement with Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (VNCP) for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). For the first time ever, NECA’s distribution agreement will include international markets, allowing its bestselling TMNT action figures and collectibles to be sold in dozens of countries around the world from Asia to Europe to South America.

NECA first acquired the TMNT license in 2016 and has produced an expansive line of collector products based on the franchise’s movies and animated series, including action figures, prop replicas, accessories, collectibles and more. Until now, NECA items have only been available in the U.S., and this expansion into international markets will bring NECA’s TMNT product to fans around the world.

“Bringing our Turtle product to fans worldwide is something we have wanted for years. Thanks to our great partnership with Nickelodeon, we are so grateful to finally give loyal international Turtle fans - who have been supporting our TMNT line since its inception – an opportunity to collect this fantastic range,” said Randy Falk, NECA’s director of product development.
1 of 1

I'm very excited about this. On the other hand, I know how our distributor works so I'm worried. They will put the prices way high and limit the distributions to "friendly" stores. 

By friendly I mean stores that they have a personal relationship. Yeah. We have that here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news, Ill still have to get them through a 3rd party since its seems my country isnt part of the list of countries that will be getting these but still more countries means more product which means more availability so on that note its easier for me to find someone who will help me out in getting these sets.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, abnuggler said:

This is great news, Ill still have to get them through a 3rd party since its seems my country isnt part of the list of countries that will be getting these but still more countries means more product which means more availability so on that note its easier for me to find someone who will help me out in getting these sets.

Going through Instagram I saw the post Neca made and apparently they have many other Countries planned for this deal the flags in the shell are not the only ones, it was just kind of a picture to simbolize that they are going global with this line, they havent given specifics on which outlets will get the items in each country but I saw more than a couple replys from the guys at Neca answering to the people asking about their country where they confirmed that they were going to be released in those countries.

This is great news! Hopefully this means more product will be available from not only in the US but across the globe as well. Just wonder if these Turtles will see another release, I know quite a few people missed out on the initial run.

It's starting to look more and more likely we'll get a series 2. If so, as much as I'd love the Leatherhead, Slash, Traag  and Granitar figures already shown, I REALLY hope we get an April & Splinter 2-pack to go with that Beebop and Rocksteady.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, Arkana99 said:

I realy hope they'll come as far as Peru.

Check Neca's Twitter post (or instagram, I cant remember which one it was) but in the comments section Neca confirmed a bunch of countries stating that they just couldnt fit all the flags in the picture but there were a bunch of other countries that were going to get this (I dont remember if they confirmed Peru or not but It could be a posibility)