Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway & Isa Briones Join CBS All Access' Upcoming Untitled 'Star Trek' Jean-Luc Picard Series

Outsiders

CBS All Access announced today that Alison Pill ("The Newsroom"), Harry Treadaway ("Penny Dreadful") and Isa Briones ("American Crime Story: Versace") were cast as series regulars alongside Sir Patrick Stewart in its upcoming untitled "Star Trek" series that will explore the next chapter of Jean-Luc Picard. They join previously announced cast members Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd and Evan Evagora.

The new untitled "Star Trek" series features Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on "Star Trek: Next Generation." The new series will follow this iconic character in the next chapter of his life and will air exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States and will be distributed concurrently internationally by CBS Studios International.

The series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Patrick Stewart, Michael Chabon, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth will serve as executive producers, and Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) will serve as co-executive producer.

Sir_Patrick_Stewart_02.jpg

Sir_Patrick_Stewart.jpg

Sir_Patrick_Stewart_01.jpg

Really, really, curious to see how this series is going to shape up... Especially after Star Trek: Discovery’s overall good course correcting in its second season.

• 4 weeks later...

The untitled “Star Trek” Jean-Luc Picard series will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries+ outside the US and Canada and on CBS All Access in the United States.

TOS font and a very unoriginal name (although it is the name everyone expected), a bunch of British actors on the cast whom I suspect won't all be playing French people, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman at the helm.  This is fine.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

The offiical title logo revealed

Star-Trek-Picard-Title.jpg

My favorite Captain. I have high hopes for this despite the awful first DSC season. The second one was much better. Now I'm interested in a Pike centered since Anson Mout was one of the biggest surprises of the show. 

Please don't ruin Jean-Luc for us. 

You know what would be cool? To have Q on the show. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, FASVB said:

My favorite Captain. I have high hopes for this despite the awful first DSC season. The second one was much better. Now I'm interested in a Pike centered since Anson Mout was one of the biggest surprises of the show. 

Please don't ruin Jean-Luc for us. 

You know what would be cool? To have Q on the show. 

I would imagine sooner or later most of the Next Gen crew and even the Enterprise will make appearances. Q seems like a very good possibility as well. So some time has passed and we have no idea what this Rescue Armada was that Picard lead 15 years ago that drove him out of Starfleet???? The plot thickens.

27 minutes ago, JayC said:

I would imagine sooner or later most of the Next Gen crew and even the Enterprise will make appearances. Q seems like a very good possibility as well. So some time has passed and we have no idea what this Rescue Armada was that Picard lead 15 years ago that drove him out of Starfleet???? The plot thickens.

Nope. Paramount has made it clear the entire rights megillah that's been ruining Star Trek since the whole Kelvan timeline started is still firmly in place. Basically, with the exception of Picard himself, they can't touch any characters, concepts, designs, etc. from any of the original Trek series. The most we'd probably get would be vague references to the Enterprise in name only.

Not available in my Country. Couldn't see the teaser

3 hours ago, mako said:

Nope. Paramount has made it clear the entire rights megillah that's been ruining Star Trek since the whole Kelvan timeline started is still firmly in place. Basically, with the exception of Picard himself, they can't touch any characters, concepts, designs, etc. from any of the original Trek series. The most we'd probably get would be vague references to the Enterprise in name only.

Everything I've read indicates that CBS owns the rights to all tv shows (past, present, and future) and Paramount owns the feature film rights and the entire film library.  The TNG cast can likely appear, but things get pretty much impossible if they want to reference the Enterprise E, the Nexus,  or anything that happened in First Contact, Insurrection, or Nemesis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:23 PM, Satam said:

Everything I've read indicates that CBS owns the rights to all tv shows (past, present, and future) and Paramount owns the feature film rights and the entire film library.  The TNG cast can likely appear, but things get pretty much impossible if they want to reference the Enterprise E, the Nexus,  or anything that happened in First Contact, Insurrection, or Nemesis.

But if they can only refer to the TV shows, that can be easy worked around. Focus  on the what happened only on the TV shows.