New Joker Movie Teaser Trailer Online

JayC

While this doesn't look to bad on it's own I tend to fall in the camp that a character like Joker is much better when you don't know who he really is. Remove the shroud of mystery and he's just another psycho who dresses like a clown. Also Joker without Batman as part of his origin seems like a miss to me as well and how exactly does this Joker fit in with the DCU, does he fit in at all or is this just a stand-alone where we likely will never really see a Batman? The continued discombobulation of the DCU just leaves me not really caring that much about these stories at the end of the day. 

To me as a standalone movie and completely disregarding The Joker as a DC character, this movie looks ok.

I agree with you. 

Otherwise this movie adds nothing to the character and to DCEU as a whole. Will probably be a flop.

39 minutes ago, FASVB said:

To me as a standalone movie and completely disregarding The Joker as a DC character, this movie looks ok.

I agree with you. 

Otherwise this movie adds nothing to the character and to DCEU as a whole. Will probably be a flop.

I doubt it will be a box office flop. There plenty of fans of Joker/Batman who will hype this up and go see it no matter what and as I said it doesn't look bad on its own, I just dont like the total disconnect you get with these DC movies now, and having multiple Jokers, multiple Batmans ect ect gets confusing to try and follow.

I also tend to agree, if you can accept that this is "Joker" in name only and has more or less no connection to the Joker we know and love then it can be watched with a passing interest, just to see it for curiosity.  I feel like I can already see the entire story line just in watching this trailer though, I feel like I don't want to sit through it, at least in the theater.

Does the trailer provide for me enough intrigue and excitement to delve into Joker's background story? Not really. However, for some, it may garner enough interest for moviegoers to explore the Joker's psychosis and psychotic origins. DCEU appears to really be struggling in their attempt to find a cohesive DCU franchise (like Marvel Studios) with connectivity to fans and continuity throughout storylines. 

7 hours ago, JayC said:

While this doesn't look to bad on it's own I tend to fall in the camp that a character like Joker is much better when you don't know who he really is. Remove the shroud of mystery and he's just another psycho who dresses like a clown. Also Joker without Batman as part of his origin seems like a miss to me as well and how exactly does this Joker fit in with the DCU, does he fit in at all or is this just a stand-alone where we likely will never really see a Batman? The continued discombobulation of the DCU just leaves me not really caring that much about these stories at the end of the day. 

I agree with you on the fact that joker needs mistery in his persona and the fact that no one knows who the joker is makes the character intresting, It seems like they took the premise of The Killing Joke as an inspiration of this movie, but even in The Killing Joke you never really know if the Joker is lying about his origins or not or even which one is the true one.
The thing about Batman not being part joker's origin is something I think if done right doesnt have to matter, specially with the story they seem to be trying to tell, it seems they are trying to set up the fact that that joker bacame "the Joker" before batman, and it wasnt till he came in contact with batman that he trully found his counterpart or his "mission" per se (sort of like heath ledger's joker that his creation isnt ever hinted to be due to batman, thats just me thinking about it).

As for the trailer, It doesnt look half bad and is even intresting but then again DC has done good trailers before and we all know how that's turned out in the end

Why not we reserve the 'insight' into what the movie is, and border around just 'what it looks like'. What it looks like is a promising, well acted, emotional and violent take; and that defines the Joker pretty well. As for some comments stating that there is 'disjointed take' between the DC movies; there is no general rule stating that there has to be a 'reference'. That statement though, is not true, as the same actors have already played in the JLA and Suicide Squad movies; namely Aquaman, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman.. etc.. I don't see where there is 'no acknowledgement' between the movies. Folks will always complain. I for a change, could see stand alone movies and as long as they are well made, have no gripe in it. 

I watched this teaser trailer twice and I have to say it's the biggest teaser trailer I have ever seen.  This teaser doesn't tell me anything about the movie or the character itself.  If I didn't know about what the teaser trailer was about before watching it.  I would think it's about some bozo taking care of his mom, working as a clown and getting picked on over and over.

Where is the destruction, murder and warped sense known from The Joker?  Taking a line from Wikipedia... "The Joker is portrayed as a criminal mastermind. Introduced as a psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor."   I'm not seeing it here unless Todd Phillips wants to keep the good stuff a big secret and hit us with it later.

• Like 2

I think it looks awesome! Ever since I saw Phoenix in The Master, I thought he'd be a great fit for Joker, so this is a fan casting come true for me! 
I'm not too bothered that they won't be featuring Batman as heavily as we're used to in his origin. And we've had Joker's past explored in The Killing Joke and that's a great comic. I think DC is starting to make movies that are more focused on being stand alone stories than being part of a cinematic universe and that's fine with me. I think this is meant to be an elseworlds tale, and those are some of my favorite comics. 
I'm super excited for this one! 

I'm pumped for this, I'm glad DC isn't completely scrapping dark movies. Phoenix looks great, as expected. It looks similar to King of Comedy, which is interesting considering Robert De Niro seems to be playing the same kind of character.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether or not Warner Bros will want a sequel when this becomes a hit. 

Looks really generic to me, it seems like a movie about regular guy gets pushed to the edge and breaks down with the Joker name attached to it. Even when he is wearing the makeup and the suit it just looks like a generic clown. I'm sure Phoenix will turn in a great performance and I'm sure it will do good, already everywhere I go everyone is hyping this movie and some websites are already proclaiming this will win oscars but me personally I haven't been interested and nothing that I saw in the trailer changed that.