Emnems80

Best Superman Action Figure

Wanted to get some people's thoughts on what they think is the best comic version action figure of Superman. I'm a big Superman fan and just want to make sure I have it for my collection. And if there isn't one now, what would be one that is coming soon (such as what McFarlane may make!!!) Thanks in advance for your feedback!

On 4/1/2019 at 11:52 PM, Emnems80 said:

Wanted to get some people's thoughts on what they think is the best comic version action figure of Superman. I'm a big Superman fan and just want to make sure I have it for my collection. And if there isn't one now, what would be one that is coming soon (such as what McFarlane may make!!!) Thanks in advance for your feedback!

While its not my favorite version of Superman, the Reborn Superman from the DC Multiverse Clayface series is definitely the best figure in my book.

Multiverse's adopting of more Hasbro type articulation makes for awesome flight poses, while the cape, molded from softer plastic, doesn't hinder articulation in the least. Throw in the alternate "flying" and "fist" hands and I have all I need in a Superman figure.

Just wish Multiverse could've lasted long enough to give us a classic Supes on this tool.

In my opinion the best 1/12 scale comic superman is the DC Direct JLA Series 1 Superman, he is basically a re-issue of the DC Direct Superman Wave 1 Sups but he has a new angry looking headsculpt (I like this headsculpt better than the original one but either one are great figures)
FYI the same body mold was re-issued several times, there are 3 different headsculpts out there, but all are the same body, it might not be extremely articulated (though it oes have more articulation than the usual DC direct of its time) but looks weise it is pretty damn perfect to superman

DCD-135.JPG

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mako said:

While its not my favorite version of Superman, the Reborn Superman from the DC Multiverse Clayface series is definitely the best figure in my book.

Multiverse's adopting of more Hasbro type articulation makes for awesome flight poses, while the cape, molded from softer plastic, doesn't hinder articulation in the least. Throw in the alternate "flying" and "fist" hands and I have all I need in a Superman figure.

Just wish Multiverse could've lasted long enough to give us a classic Supes on this tool.

I definitely agree. If it was a classic supes I would have bought it. Multiverse still had a ways to go (where's the ankle pivot!) but looked like they were heading in the right direction.

14 hours ago, abnuggler said:

In my opinion the best 1/12 scale comic superman is the DC Direct JLA Series 1 Superman, he is basically a re-issue of the DC Direct Superman Wave 1 Sups but he has a new angry looking headsculpt (I like this headsculpt better than the original one but either one are great figures)
FYI the same body mold was re-issued several times, there are 3 different headsculpts out there, but all are the same body, it might not be extremely articulated (though it oes have more articulation than the usual DC direct of its time) but looks weise it is pretty damn perfect to superman

DCD-135.JPG

s-l300.jpg

I actually do not own any of those. Might have to pick one up, but are they pretty pricey now?

While I agree that the DC Direct JLA Series 1 Superman is probably the best classic Superman I've seen; the new "DC Essentials" Superman is also an awesome figure with tons of articulation and a superb head sculpt.

Also the DC Essentials Superman is much more readily available and probably a lot cheaper. 

12 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I actually do not own any of those. Might have to pick one up, but are they pretty pricey now?

It depends on the edition you find, some can get pricey, some like the reissue (reactivated series) are a bit easier to find, its just a matter of looking for a good one that is in good price.

9 hours ago, lazrod said:

While I agree that the DC Direct JLA Series 1 Superman is probably the best classic Superman I've seen; the new "DC Essentials" Superman is also an awesome figure with tons of articulation and a superb head sculpt.

Also the DC Essentials Superman is much more readily available and probably a lot cheaper. 

The essentials is one that I actually already own. Wish it came with more accessories and that the belt loops were painted red, but definitely a solid figure.

Who's excited for the NECA Superman vs Aliens 2 pack?!!!! Will it become one of the best comic book Supes figures? What does everyone think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Who's excited for the NECA Superman vs Aliens 2 pack?!!!! Will it become one of the best comic book Supes figures? What does everyone think?

I actually think that is a possibility..i would really love a single pack release of it.

On 6/5/2019 at 3:06 AM, red_bird08 said:

I actually think that is a possibility..i would really love a single pack release of it.

That would be great but I doubt it'll happen since it seems to be a very limited release from NECA.

I would recommend the DC Direct Justice Superman based off of Alex Ross's artwork. Definitely not the most articulated, but I think it has a great sculpt. It's been re-released a few times with different paint jobs.

Sorry if you already know about this one 😉

15 hours ago, Batman923989 said:

I would recommend the DC Direct Justice Superman based off of Alex Ross's artwork. Definitely not the most articulated, but I think it has a great sculpt. It's been re-released a few times with different paint jobs.

Sorry if you already know about this one 😉

Looking into this figure I stumbled upon a 6 pack JLA using this figure. If I did buy it I would probably get that 6 pack because I love the metallic look of their uniforms.

3 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Looking into this figure I stumbled upon a 6 pack JLA using this figure. If I did buy it I would probably get that 6 pack because I love the metallic look of their uniforms.

I stumbled upon it too but I didn't really like the silver batman and I think Wonder Woman's face was slightly odd for me

The DC Direct JLA Superman from 2007 has a nice sculpt, but it's it a little lean for a guy like Supes.

The Silver Age Superman is also pretty great two, and is quite articulated for a DC Direct figure.

15 hours ago, batdan_11692 said:

I really like the DC essentials superman, it's simple but that's enough for supes I think. 

I do own that one. The joints are already getting loose ☹️ I hated that the belt loops weren't painted but I do love everything else about that figure.

12 hours ago, Batman923989 said:

The DC Direct JLA Superman from 2007 has a nice sculpt, but it's it a little lean for a guy like Supes.

The Silver Age Superman is also pretty great two, and is quite articulated for a DC Direct figure.

I do have that 2007 JLA. It's mainly his legs that are too lean, especially his right leg.

If I looked up the correct Silver Age, I think that would be an awesome figure I would buy in a heart beat if the articulation was updated.

I think repaint of that supes with new sculpt is very underrated figure, at least for my money he had great face sculpt and colors for that period. (He was in Justice league gift set along with Bats, Gl, Aquaman and Wonder Woman)

141AFC7A-A2B5-4DBB-BFCC-DA7E6AA9D6CA.jpeg

16 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I think repaint of that supes with new sculpt is very underrated figure, at least for my money he had great face sculpt and colors for that period. (He was in Justice league gift set along with Bats, Gl, Aquaman and Wonder Woman)

141AFC7A-A2B5-4DBB-BFCC-DA7E6AA9D6CA.jpeg

Is the one on the left the repaint?

If I had the money I'd buy it. But I can't justify buying the whole gift set for just the Supes. Hopefully I'll find it at a decent price loose!

My fav is the Jim lee Superman from box set, it’s in reality slightly resculpted version of Hush supes, I do realize he looks more like Terminator than Superman but there’s some  stoic quality about him that makes him my all time favorite. 

DD45A80A-4527-4C5D-8763-143C980D3584.jpeg

On 7/13/2019 at 2:10 AM, SpiderS said:

My fav is the Jim lee Superman from box set, it’s in reality slightly resculpted version of Hush supes, I do realize he looks more like Terminator than Superman but there’s some  stoic quality about him that makes him my all time favorite. 

DD45A80A-4527-4C5D-8763-143C980D3584.jpeg

Which box set is it from?