New Star Wars Episode 9 Images Leak Online, Real Or Fake? - Possible Spoilers

JayC

New images have leaked online today giving us our possible first looks at the mysterious and as-of-yet untitled Star Wars: Episode 9 which will be directed by J.J Abrams. The first thing we got was a look at internal promotional art that original showed up on Reddit.

This internal artwork gives us a look at several strange things like C-3PO holding Chewbacca's Bowcaster and wearing his bandolier, the Knights Of Ren making an appearance, BB-8 getting a sidekick rumored to be name D.O. and red Stormtroopers. Oh then their is the weird looking fish alien, Naomi Ackie as Jannah (long haired character), Keri Russell’s Zorri (helmeted character) and an orange X-Wing. Oh and Rey has a new lightsaber or repaired Luke's old one.

Things missing from this artwork are any Original Trilogy characters, specifically Lando. Han and Luke died in the previous 2 movies and we assume Leia will have passed on by the time this movie begins.

Those wanting Lando however, never fear because shortly after the poster hit the net, Makingstarwars.net posted some additional character art. One of the characters featured there was Lando wearing a similar outfit to that young Lando wore in last years Solo movie.

Now the question remains, is any of this real, or is it fan made stuff that once again has fooled a info hungry fandom??? We have no idea. It does seem that some sites that posted the images have been asked to remove them by Disney such as Comicbook.com. If these images were fake the studio likely wouldn't bother but you never know. Only time will really tell how legit this stuff is. We will likely start getting our first official reveals in a couple weeks at Star Wars Celebration.

If all that is legit, I don't like that JJ's got Lando wearing what is essentially his outfit from Solo, because I refuse to believe that he would wear the same thing twice.  There's other things I don't like, but screw it.

A whole bunch of characters jammed together in various action poses, going from larger to smaller depending on importance, couple of ships in the background.  This is literally every franchise movie poster Disney's ever done (see also every Avengers movie poster).  Huge yawn. 

Between The Last Jedi throwing out pretty much everything set up in The Force Awakens and seeing things like Kylo in his helmet again and no Rose (which I'm not saying is a BAD thing), I wonder how much continuity any of these movies will have with each other.  

On 3/30/2019 at 10:20 AM, Jake_Botts said:

But isn’t Hamill known for tongue-in-cheek statements? I mean, who’s to say the ‘passionate fan’ isn’t working for a merchandise company?

I don't know.  "Passionate fan" are not words I would use to describe whoever gets hired to make some of those posters we've been seeing for blockbuster movies over the past decade or so, if this is one of them.  And there's a comment in that twitter thread where Hamill posted a cry-laughing emoji at 3P0 with the bowcaster, and I kinda doubt he'd do that if it was official, even if it were leaked.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:13 PM, Satam said:

I don't know.  "Passionate fan" are not words I would use to describe whoever gets hired to make some of those posters we've been seeing for blockbuster movies over the past decade or so, if this is one of them.  And there's a comment in that twitter thread where Hamill posted a cry-laughing emoji at 3P0 with the bowcaster, and I kinda doubt he'd do that if it was official, even if it were leaked.

Touche!

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE