Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie S.H.Figuarts Broly-super Figure Revealed From Tamashii Nations

JayC

Tamashii Nations has released a preview image for their upcoming Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie S.H.Figuarts Broly-super figure which will be released in September over in Japan. Stay-tuned for more details and images to be released soon.
1 of 1

Oh, man! This skyrocketed to the top of my most anticipated upcoming figures list! He looks great! I'm really hoping he comes with a base form alternate head, but any Broly forms Bandai puts out I'll pick up. 
I'm really curious to see how he stacks up with the other figures size wise. It looks like they could have reused his lower half from the Super Broly figure, but then this form wouldn't quite be in the correct scale with the other figures. I'm guessing they used the same blueprint for the lower half as on the Super Broly just sized it down and made some tweaks to fit a smaller body. 
I'm getting him either way, I'll definitely pick up two of this form. Looks awesome I'm really excited for it, I've been hoping for a version like this to release since the character model sheets were shown. Great figure for a great character, I'm stoked! 

• Like 2

I kind of like this figure better than the Super Saiyan figure, i ont know why but the stuff I dont like about the re-design of the character looks better to me in this version than the other one. 

1 hour ago, abnuggler said:

I kind of like this figure better than the Super Saiyan figure, i ont know why but the stuff I dont like about the re-design of the character looks better to me in this version than the other one. 

What don't you like about the new design? 

18 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

What don't you like about the new design? 

I dont dig the animal pelt piece (looks like a fluffy green towel), and the boots look like slippers, its and ok design I just like the non-canon OVA version better, the gauntlets and boots look better IMO on the older design, but as I said this look with the full armor kind of makes it look a little better in my opinion than the berserk ssj form, but its just personal preference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I dont dig the animal pelt piece (looks like a fluffy green towel), and the boots look like slippers, its and ok design I just like the non-canon OVA version better, the gauntlets and boots look better IMO on the older design, but as I said this look with the full armor kind of makes it look a little better in my opinion than the berserk ssj form, but its just personal preference.

I like the design myself, but I see what you're saying. I've heard people speculate we may get the older design Broly in his base form eventually. That'd be cool too! 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:33 PM, Thinwheat said:

I like the design myself, but I see what you're saying. I've heard people speculate we may get the older design Broly in his base form eventually. That'd be cool too! 

That would be amazing I always liked the design of the OVA broly in his base form, Ive seen a really well done custom someone made and it looked sick, still these DBS figures are good looking too, I personaly just kind of like the previous design and little better

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

His skirt looks a little too flowy when he's just standing there. Maybe if they had some articulation that could bring the fabric of the skirt closer to his body to look more like it's resting. The base form head looks a little small on this buck and the base form should really be on a smaller body to me more accurate to the movie, but I understand them not wanting to take up another release spot for another Super Broly figure and they're wanting to get all his forms out of the way as easily as possible. 
His silhouette in the image with the base form head reminds me of a armored samurai. 
I'm really excited to get this figure, looking forward to it!

I was stalking the AmiAmi preorder and he sold out in under 10 minutes and was crashing the website like crazy. I had him added to my cart at one point, but the website crashed as I reached the next step! Such a shame, man. These import figures are getting pretty popular with the casual collector, which is good, but it also makes them harder to get. 
Since he's a regular release, I'm sure we'll get plenty of chance to get him though. 

Well I stand corrected, seeing the figure with the other headsculpts was a bit underwhelming for me, before when we only had one picture (the one with the mid power) I kind of liked this figure more than the April release but seeing more images im kind of leaning more towards the other version now. I dont know why but there is something off with the head scales IMO they dont look completely right specially the completely depowered one. Still Im sure many people will be happy to get this figure.