DCTV Real Master Series Supergirl 1/8 Scale Figure From Star Ace

JayC

This 1/8th scale Real Master Series figure features an authentic likeness of Supergirl from the CW series, Supergirl. Supergirl features a calm expression head sculpt with rooted hair and is dressed in her classic battle suit. The figure stands 8.86 inches (22.50cm) tall and feature 26 points of articulation. Included with the figure will be 3 Pairs of hands, Kryptonite handcuffs, Pedestal from Fortress, Fortress Orange crystal, Moveable Stand with Base and waist clip. You can pre-order this figure now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Star-Ace-Supergirl-01.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-02.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-03.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-04.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-05.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-06.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-07.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-08.jpg

I’ve only just recently become familiar with Star Ace’s products... They’re not bad. But, I gotta say, this piece’s head sculpt looks god awful. At least to me. It looks like a Madame Tussaud’s wax statue of Melissa Benoist that has been melting for the last couple hours.

3 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I’ve only just recently become familiar with Star Ace’s products... They’re not bad. But, I gotta say, this piece’s head sculpt looks god awful. At least to me. It looks like a Madame Tussaud’s wax statue of Melissa Benoist that has been melting for the last couple hours.

Agreed.  The face sculpt is awful. The outfit looks alright at best.  This is an easy pass for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colt90 said:

Agreed.  The face sculpt is awful. The outfit looks alright at best.  This is an easy pass for me.

Yea, I think the costume is decent enough, too. Maybe the yellow on the chest emblem is a little too pronounced. And the reds should be a bit more muted. But, it evokes a classic Supergirl look, which would work for me, if that head was far less horrendous.

It’s an odd scale.  I’m guessing this was a WB licensing restriction since it seems like most of their non WB figures are 1/6.  End of the day though these seem a bit pricey and I feel like most people would probably prefer to pay a little bit more for a Hot Toys figure or a little bit less for a Mezco figure.