Supergirl - 4.15 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?' Preview Images, Synopsis & Promo

Outsiders

Secretly furloughed from prison due to failing health, Lex Luthor (guest star Jon Cryer) visits his sister, Lena (Katie McGrath), to seek her help finding a cure. Savvy as ever, Lena is suspicious of Lex’s motives but when she’s faced with a life and death situation, she must decide how she truly feels about her brother. Meanwhile, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and J’onn (David Harewood) face off against Manchester Black (guest star David Ajala). James’ sister Kelly (guest star Azie Tesfai) comes to town.

Tawnia Mckiernan directed the episode written by Derek Simon & Nicki Holcomb (#415).

Original Airdate: 3/17/2019

SPG415b_0692b.jpg

SPG415a_0473b.jpg

SPG415a_0591b.jpg

SPG415b_0023b.jpg

SPG415b_0114b.jpg

SPG415b_0189b.jpg

SPG415b_0202b.jpg

SPG415b_0257b.jpg

SPG415b_0482b.jpg

SPG415b_0596b.jpg

SPG415b_0621b.jpg

Now that I know Lex and Superman feature in this one, I’m definitely going to be tuning in again!

Maybe it was being down with the flu for a week, maybe I was a little over-medicated, but I was ready to put my standards on hold for a little classic Superman vs. Luthor action. Then came the electrical short.

No Superman, no Lex, no pretty blonde cheerleader. Just a 42", 300 dollar piece of modern art that smells like a burnt tire.

It's now clear to me, the universe does not want me to watch Supergirl!

@yojoebro82 @mako If you guys are wanting to watch this debut of Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor, and the return of Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman, I only just realized yesterday that it won’t actually be airing until March 17th. So, none of us actually missed it. Even though I was sure I had, lol.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

@yojoebro82 @mako If you guys are wanting to watch this debut of Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor, and the return of Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman, I only just realized yesterday that it won’t actually be airing until March 17th. So, none of us actually missed it. Even though I was sure I had, lol.

Okay, that'll work. Gives me a couple days to sweat the rest of this crud out and schlep down to BestBuy for a new TV (and a surge protector).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Ha, yeah I was confused on both the night Supergirl was on AND what yesterday's actual date was.  

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:29 PM, mako said:

Okay, that'll work. Gives me a couple days to sweat the rest of this crud out and schlep down to BestBuy for a new TV (and a surge protector).

Damn, I didn’t realize you meant the whole tv got fried. Sorry to hear that, man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Damn, I didn’t realize you meant the whole tv got fried. Sorry to hear that, man.

Yeah, my living room still smells like burnt rubber. Still, could've been worse, no damage except to a 15 year-old TV . . . and my leisure time viewing habits.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Belmont13 said:

I'm curious about this, seeing Jon Cryer as Lex, but not enough to watch it live, I'll wait for it.

I was certainly prepared for the worst, this IS Supergirl, but seeing Cryer in the trailer? I'm intrigued by his take enough to give it a look.

Bought the new TV Friday, getting better performance from the "rabbit-ears" than I can remember ever getting before, and I've made a special effort to remember the episode airs tonight. I am ready for Supergirl.

• Like 1