2019 Power-Con Exclusives

JayC

Admittedly this one slipped passed us with all the Toy Fair hubbub when they were announced last month, but here is a look at this years Masters of the Universe Power-Con exclusives. See the images below in our GALLERY.

• Masters of the Universe Classics Collector’s Choice 3-Pack: Slamurai and two Snake Troopers
This 3-pack completes the release of the MOTUC figures inspired by the unreleased 1988 vintage concept wave.
The packaging will feature brand new artwork and bios on the back and come in a window box displaying all three figures.
Price per set: $165.00

• Masters of the Universe Classics Collector’s Choice Horde Zombie He-Man
This mind-controlled version of He-Man rises from the ooze of the Slime Pit to do Hordak’s bidding! He comes on the standard MOTUC blister packaging, with brand new character art and bio on the back.
Price per figure: $55.00

• 12″ Starburst She-Ra
For the Honor of Grayskull, the 12″ line continues! Fans were treated to the 12″ Adora / She-Ra release at SDCC in 2016.
Now fans can get a limited edition 12″ Starburst She-Ra to add to their collection. This figure comes on a full-face blister with a removable card back that pays homage to the vintage She-Ra packaging. This enables you to display your 12″ figure loose, or put her back into the packaging and display her that way.
Price per figure: $50.00

• Wave 4 MOTU MUSCLE Slime Can
Using the MUSCLE seen in the Keshi blind bag releases from Super7, this Slime Can collects from that assortment and presents them in the Power-Con slime colors like in previous years.
Price per can: $25.00

There will also be an assortment of souvenir t-shirts for Power-Con. Designs and info will be revealed soon!

Pre-sale of Power-Con attendee tickets and exclusives begins Saturday, March 9th at 9am Pacific time and end Sunday, April 7th. Any remaining stock after Attendee pre-sales end will then be offered through their resale partners on Monday, April 8th through Sunday, May 5th. Their resale partners will be BigBadToyStore in the USA and S.P.A.C.E. (in conjunction with Die Welt der Meister Magazin) in Germany. The 2019 exclusives are not made-to-order, and are instead being produced at a set quantity that is lower than previous items, so all exclusives are subject to selling out. They will post the pre-sale link and more info as we get closer to March 9th.

Power-Con takes place August 17 & 18, 2019 at the Hilton Anaheim hotel in Anaheim, California. Click here for more details.

Power-Con-2019-Exclusives-01.jpg

Power-Con-2019-Exclusives-02.jpg

Power-Con-2019-Exclusives-03.jpg

Power-Con-2019-Exclusives-04.jpg

That he man is really fun. Wouldn’t mind having him on the shelf, but these con exclusives are a bit pricey.

4 hours ago, GrenadierStinny said:

I'm just hoping that they'll give us more info on the possibility of Thundercats coming back! Last year they were a bit weird and told us that "we" had to bring them back. Uh...how? We want 'em? Are you gonna make 'em, Mattel?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Last May they announced that awful looking new TCats animated series coming to CN, so I think Mattel was playing with the idea of trying to get product out for that hence the strange teases at PowerCon last year, but I have since heard nothing more on that animated series and the reaction to it online was so overly negative I have to wonder if WB and CN didn't opt to scrap it. Long story short, I wouldn't count on any kind of real TCats toy revival until or if we see something return to the airwaves. Even those Funko figures didn't seem to perform well sales wise and the second wave seems very much in doubt.

The price points are interesting.  I understand fully why for the action figures from Super7 has to have higher prices than Mattel and Power-Con has to have higher prices than Super7 but it’s interesting that for the She-Ra figure the Power-Con exclusive one is priced way way less than the Mattel one was.  Granted the Mattel one had delux packaging this one probably won’t but still.