Masters of the Universe Movie William Stout Collection From Super 7

JayC

We saw these at Toy Fair and now Super 7 has released official images for their upcoming Masters of the Universe Movie William Stout Collection of action figures.

Based on the legendary 1987 William Stout production art, each highly articulated figure was sculpted by the Four Horsemen and comes complete with accessories. The set includes He-Man, Hyper Skeletor, Karg, and Skeletor and packaging will be posted and shared when finalized.

The Masters of the Universe William Stout Collection set of 4 figures is a made-to-order release for $140 per set (plus shipping) and individual figures are available for $35 each with a full set.

This pre-order is open until March 31, 2019 with shipping in Summer 2019.

MOTU-Movie-William-Stout-Collection-01.jpg

MOTU-Movie-William-Stout-Collection-02.jpg

MOTU-Movie-William-Stout-Collection-03.jpg

MOTU-Movie-William-Stout-Collection-04.jpg

MOTU-Movie-William-Stout-Collection-05.jpg

2 hours ago, Asterix said:

Shame. I really wanted the Skeletors but I’m not buying the whole set

There is an option for ordering individual figures, scroll to the bottom https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/motu-william-stout-and-conan-the-barbarian-pre-order/products/masters-of-the-universe-collectors-choice-william-stout-collection-set-of-4

10 minutes ago, JayC said:

But if I'm reading that right, doesn't mean you can only get individuals AFTER you buy a full set?

Sigh.....I was afraid the price would be outrageous.  I don't even want to know what they'll charge for shipping.  I may have to pass, sadly.

Just now, yojoebro82 said:

But if I'm reading that right, doesn't mean you can only get individuals AFTER you buy a full set?

Sigh.....I was afraid the price would be outrageous.  I don't even want to know what they'll charge for shipping.  I may have to pass, sadly.

Not entirely sure.

These figures are an absolute dream come true.  I saw your fb page and clicked right away and ordered the set.  So excited.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Not entirely sure.

As far as I know its the same as its been before you have to buy a complete set to be able to buy individual figures as extras, Im probably going to wait for BBTS to sell the individual figures (they usually sell figures from these lines individually with a little bit of a mark up but its better than having to buy all 4 figures if you only want 1 or a couple), another option is to have someone who is buying  a set buy extras of the ones you want for you.

He-Man looks a little off but I understand these figures are based on William Stout's designs and not actual actor's likeness, though I would have loved a true Dolph likeness He-Man

I’d love to get the He-Man and regular Skeletor out of this wave... If only I could afford ‘em. They look amazing!

I would encourage everyone to lodge a complaint with Mattel (who provides the He-Man licence for Super 7):  https://m.service.mattel.com/us/Contact.  Forcing passionate fans to buy all 4 figures (for $140) to get the one they want is pure profiteering.  I've contacted Super 7 about this and they exhibited zero lack of concern towards customer satisfaction in this regard. Exploiting a passionate population of collectors for the soul purpose of profiteering is despicable. I won't be buying any of their product directly through them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JayC said:

You can only use this option after you buy the entire set of 4.  Super 7 is a shady company that profits off of a passionate fan base. I'm avoiding them and all of their current and future products.  

36 minutes ago, BusaMojo said:

I would encourage everyone to lodge a complaint with Mattel (who provides the He-Man licence for Super 7):  https://m.service.mattel.com/us/Contact.  Forcing passionate fans to buy all 4 figures (for $140) to get the one they want is pure profiteering.  I've contacted Super 7 about this and they exhibited zero lack of concern towards customer satisfaction in this regard. Exploiting a passionate population of collectors for the soul purpose of profiteering is despicable. I won't be buying any of their product directly through them. 

While I understand your frustration of not being able to get the figures individually, I think your portrayal of Super 7 as if they are some greedy profiteering company who doesn't care about the fans is completely inaccurate. In fact I don't think, I know its an inaccurate portrayal. Yes Super 7 is a business and so yes they do need to have a reasonable expectation of being able to make money when they do these things, but that's business. They aren't a charity. They likely had to make all four figures in order to make these happen at all but if they sold them individually as you want, they know that most people would only buy He-Man and regular Skeletor leaving them stuck with a bunch of unsold merchandise hence causing them to take a loss. This is no different when a company like Hasbro creates a 2-Pack with a figure everyone wants and one that no one wants and makes you buy them both. Or when NECA releases TMNT 2-Packs at $50 each as Target exclusives making you pay $200 if you want all 4 Turtles.

This is what your not realizing or don't care because you only want what you want, but a small company like Super 7 has to pay a fortune in licensing and factory costs and makes these things in such small volumes that if they can't sell all of them or the fast majority of them, its not economically sound for them to do them at all. You can lodge a complaint with Mattel all you want but the whole reason they farmed the MOTU license off to Super 7 to begin with was because it wasn't worth their bother to keep doing these figures themselves unless or until a movie happens and they can get these things out to major retailers. 

13 hours ago, abnuggler said:

As far as I know its the same as its been before you have to buy a complete set to be able to buy individual figures as extras, Im probably going to wait for BBTS to sell the individual figures (they usually sell figures from these lines individually with a little bit of a mark up but its better than having to buy all 4 figures if you only want 1 or a couple), another option is to have someone who is buying  a set buy extras of the ones you want for you.

He-Man looks a little off but I understand these figures are based on William Stout's designs and not actual actor's likeness, though I would have loved a true Dolph likeness He-Man

I don’t know if BBTS will get these ones. The site says they are a made to order collection. It would be awesome if they did though . I really want those Skeletors

27 minutes ago, JayC said:

While I understand your frustration of not being able to get the figures individually, I think your portrayal of Super 7 as if they are some greedy profiteering company who doesn't care about the fans is completely inaccurate. In fact I don't think, I know its an inaccurate portrayal. Yes Super 7 is a business and so yes they do need to have a reasonable expectation of being able to make money when they do these things, but that's business. They aren't a charity. They likely had to make all four figures in order to make these happen at all but if they sold them individually as you want, they know that most people would only buy He-Man and regular Skeletor leaving them stuck with a bunch of unsold merchandise hence causing them to take a loss. This is no different when a company like Hasbro creates a 2-Pack with a figure everyone wants and one that no one wants and makes you buy them both. Or when NECA releases TMNT 2-Packs at $50 each as Target exclusives making you pay $200 if you want all 4 Turtles.

This is what your not realizing or don't care because you only want what you want, but a small company like Super 7 has to pay a fortune in licensing and factory costs and makes these things in such small volumes that if they can't sell all of them or the fast majority of them, its not economically sound for them to do them at all. You can lodge a complaint with Mattel all you want but the whole reason they farmed the MOTU license off to Super 7 to begin with was because it wasn't worth their bother to keep doing these figures themselves unless or until a movie happens and they can get these things out to major retailers. 

I actually agree with everything you’re saying. Except maybe one thing . Is the MOTU license really that expensive now? I’m curious because even you conceded that Mattel gave it to Super7 because it wasn’t worth the trouble for them anymore.

i completely understand why Super7 is doing it this way. It’s just kind of a shame, for me since I won’t be getting the Skeletors since I’m not buying the full set unless BBTS orders some and sells them individually. But I don’t blame Super7. That’s my choice

3 hours ago, JayC said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  I have spoken with Super 7 and they exhibited no concern for their customers in this profiteering move. IMO, Mattel choose poorly in selecting Super 7 for this work.  Comparing them to the turtles is like comparing apples to oranges.  These 4 figures are all unique and thus demand to be sold separately.  I would never support this type of profiteering and can only hope that others will not as well.  The only way to shut down corrupt/greedy behavior is stand against it. I pray that Mattel shows more wisdom in who they select for future endeavors of desired pieces. I would also not be surprised to see Super 7 go out of business in the future because of poor decisions such as these.  And just so you know where I'm coming from....the money isn't an issue for me (I'm blessed in this department)...but I won't buy them because I'm a person of principle.  I  simply can't condone these shady business ethics and see no way to justify them.  In the end, it's just a cool toy, and I won't sell myself out to a bunch of corporate goons to have one on my shelf. Poor form Super 7 and Mattel!     

3 hours ago, Asterix said:

I don’t know if BBTS will get these ones. The site says they are a made to order collection. It would be awesome if they did though . I really want those Skeletors

Everybody wants the Skeletors.  A well run business will always put the customer first and knows that the customer is always "correct".  In this case, on every web forum I visit, people are upset that they can't just pre-order the individual figure they want.  However, Super 7 wants to do things their way and alienate their passionate customers in order to profit as much as they can.  Such a shame.  

9 hours ago, Asterix said:

BigBadToyStore will have a pre-order link within a week or so. It's been like that since 2017 when Super 7 got the license.The problem is Super 7 has made no confirmation of ever doing reissues of figures they already sold. Once the pre-order window closes, that's it. That is why people can't find a Ultimate He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Faker and Ram-man at a fair price, especially by Ebay standards. The same applies to the 2018 releases of Hordak, Man At Arms, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man & the recent She-Ra figures along with Club Grayskull Ultimates of Filmation He-Man & Skeletor. Some of these figures are still available on BigBad for $49.99 each or even more for the whole wave. In my one year experience of collecting MOTU, I already figured out it's a buy now situation. It really hurts the wallet. I can easily understand why many people would rather have Hasbro get the MOTU license & start spurting out new retail figures at $20- ish a piece. Hasbro is already doing great with their recent acquisition of Power Rangers & obviously through their Marvel Legends.

I'll wait for these to be posted on bigbad. The normal Skeletor & He-Man are the only ones I want. I might've gone for the whole wave if Evil-Lyn was included. This raises the possibilities of more movie characters for future waves such as Teela, Man-At-Arms & Beastman.  Maybe even that concept art She-Ra. 

2 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I'll wait for these to be posted on bigbad. The normal Skeletor & He-Man are the only ones I want. I might've gone for the whole wave if Evil-Lyn was included. This raises the possibilities of more movie characters for future waves such as Teela, Man-At-Arms & Beastman.  Maybe even that concept art She-Ra. 

I feel like I’m the only one who just wants both Skeletors, not even he man

11 hours ago, Asterix said:

I feel like I’m the only one who just wants both Skeletors, not even he man

I'm with you. I have no desire for a Douche Lundgren He-Man.  Less than 2 years after he got crushed by Rocky Balboa, Lundgren was signed as the most powerful man in the universe??? IMO, the movie would have been more successful with a better lead for He-Man. 

8 minutes ago, BusaMojo said:

I'm with you. I have no desire for a Douche Lundgren He-Man.  Less than 2 years after he got crushed by Rocky Balboa, Lundgren was signed as the most powerful man in the universe??? IMO, the movie would have been more successful with a better lead for He-Man. 

That’s debatable. Even with a stronger lead, it would still have been a He-Man movie that had very little to do with the cartoon’s storyline. I remember all my friends hated the movie because of the bullshit storyline of He-man goes to Earth and seriously, why does so much of this story revolve around a teenage girl with dead parents?

That being said, for all it’s problems, and it has many, I still like the movie. It’s cheesy, and it really REALLY wants to be Star Wars, but it holds a special place in my heart

On 3/2/2019 at 6:59 AM, JayC said:

I’m with JayC here.  It’s a business move and it’s done in a way that lets them get out to as many people as they can.  It’s not going to please everyone and not everyone will be able to get exactly what they want, but I think they are doing what they can.

I bought the set and didn’t realize until after I could’ve ordered more single figures.  I probably would have to help out some fellow fans.  These are figures I’ve always wanted, but never dreamed I’d get, and in this day and age I think the price point is more than fair for a made to order collectible.

These look pretty cool and have some nice details. I'm more interested in the cartoon looks myself. It's nice that they found a way around the licensing restrictions to make these. I've heard people asking for this for a long time. 

BBTS has the set up for sale individually. Though if you’re planning to buy more than 2 of them, you might as well just buy the full set. Hell, even if you’re only getting 2 , you may want to consider the whole set and just resell who you don’t want