JayC

Mattel's DC Multiverse 6" Wave 11 Goes Up For Pre-Order

2 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

Plenty of times these multiverse figures look better than the DC Collectibles.

Totally agree, but Mattel has never been one to put in that extra effort. I don't see that changing now that they've already lost the job.

27 minutes ago, mako said:

I get it. Getting rid of some of those old figures was HARD, my Sentinel, my Ketch Ghost Rider, my FF Boxed set (including clear Sue variant). They were all tough to say goodbye to, but part of having a living collection is giving up some stuff every once in a while. 

Personally, I'd love to be one of those guys on YouTube with a massive finished basement full of plexiglass display shelves lined with every toy I ever bought/was given, but I'm not that guy.

Me neither, and just watched a video with one of those guys tonight.  If anything it made me want to unload stuff even more.

Also, even though I'm pondering what to get rid of, I know for a fact my BAF Sentinel is going nowhere.

9 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

Also, even though I'm pondering what to get rid of, I know for a fact my BAF Sentinel is going nowhere.

Just make sure and hold on to that resolve. Cause the second one of those figures brings in a massive profit, trust me, it will slip, and that's when those "going nowheres" start disappearing.

Some of these look really good, It's disappointing that they went with Batman as the CnC and in a look based on that movie, Batman sells on his own no need to make him a CnC, should have gone with Granny Goodness.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, DarkKnight69 said:

Being that Mattel lost the DC license, I hope they bring out whatever they had left on the drawing board. At this point, what the hell. They may give the DC essentials a run for their money. Plenty of times these multiverse figures look better than the DC Collectibles.

There’s not really plenty of time though.  Keep in mind it’s not just a matter of how quickly Mattel can make them.  It’s also a matter of how quickly retail will stock them.  Retail is only going to order restock waves so quickly which means anything Mattel makes beyond what retail orders by end of year is waves that won’t reach the retail market (outside of relying on direct sales and discount stores which Mattel does not want).  

Well I already preordered mine. I'm very thankful that the DC multiverse figs I wanted the most will be in this wave. Starfire, beast boy, walley west and nightwing. Those are the ones I was the most pumped for but I still really hope they keep popping out waves because I really want that Tim drake, poison ivy, mammoth, black canary, and katana. But only time will tell...

Just saw that Marvel's Thanos Build-A-Figure line. How is it that Marvel seems to be able to crank these figures out, but DC can't?! It takes forever for DC Essentials or Multiverse figures to hit the market. As a DC fan, this is VERY frustrating!!

On 2/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, Stikman said:

I'd be tempted to get Nightwing and Wally West but I feel like McFarlane will most like come out with better versions. I think I'll play the waiting game.

Man I dont even have the patience to wait till April for this line up, let alone wait for mcfarlane. I've been so exited about this starfire, it feels like it was 3 years ago they showed her at sdcc. I'm also really pumped for walley, beast boy and nightwing.

2 hours ago, TamaraneanBoi89 said:

Man I dont even have the patience to wait till April for this line up, let alone wait for mcfarlane. I've been so exited about this starfire, it feels like it was 3 years ago they showed her at sdcc. I'm also really pumped for walley, beast boy and nightwing.

Starfire is the one I want the most out of this wave, as well... But, I love the look of Beast Boy, Nightwing and Wally, too. I’d be prettu happy to snag ‘em all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

Just saw that Marvel's Thanos Build-A-Figure line. How is it that Marvel seems to be able to crank these figures out, but DC can't?! It takes forever for DC Essentials or Multiverse figures to hit the market. As a DC fan, this is VERY frustrating!!

Tell me about it! It's so frustrating that we get like 8 figures a year and they get at least twice that number. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once mcfarlane starts putting out their DC figures that they will give us more characters more often. I just hope that doesn't take too long 

23 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

On the flip side it often feels like the Marvel stuff comes out too much/too often for both fans and retailers to keep up with.  Results vary from wave to wave but there are stores that never receive certain waves because there hasn’t been time to sell through the wave prior thus by the time they are ready to restock things have moved on to a third wave down the line.  

There’s probably a happy medium in there somewhere between the frequency of new Legends and the frequency of new Multiverse.  

Also, if you don’t like the frequency of new waves now I’m guessing you’ll dislike it more when it’s McFarlane cause I anticipate McFarland will have far less number of waves per year than what Mattel was doing.  

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

On the flip side it often feels like the Marvel stuff comes out too much/too often for both fans and retailers to keep up with.  Results vary from wave to wave but there are stores that never receive certain waves because there hasn’t been time to sell through the wave prior thus by the time they are ready to restock things have moved on to a third wave down the line.  

There’s probably a happy medium in there somewhere between the frequency of new Legends and the frequency of new Multiverse.  

That's my feeling as well. I collect both and sometimes you absolutely get swamped with so much Marvel coming out. It's a double-edged sword: it's awesome to have a ton of new figures coming at you but man, it's hard on the wallet and on your shelf space. Then you have some Multiverse figures that feel like it has literally been years since we first saw them announced. Some schedule in between that would be great.

Solid wave, New Wally West, John Stewart, Beast boy these are the figures my dc collection really needs, Starfire  also looks pretty cool, but I'm happy with DC collectibles new 52 version. I only wish Wally had alternate fully masked head, I do realize it isn't accurate at all but it would make good pseudo old Wally West Flash.