Mattel's DC Multiverse 6" Wave 11 Goes Up For Pre-Order

JayC

Some of these look really good, It's disappointing that they went with Batman as the CnC and in a look based on that movie, Batman sells on his own no need to make him a CnC, should have gone with Granny Goodness.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, DarkKnight69 said:

Being that Mattel lost the DC license, I hope they bring out whatever they had left on the drawing board. At this point, what the hell. They may give the DC essentials a run for their money. Plenty of times these multiverse figures look better than the DC Collectibles.

There’s not really plenty of time though.  Keep in mind it’s not just a matter of how quickly Mattel can make them.  It’s also a matter of how quickly retail will stock them.  Retail is only going to order restock waves so quickly which means anything Mattel makes beyond what retail orders by end of year is waves that won’t reach the retail market (outside of relying on direct sales and discount stores which Mattel does not want).  

Well I already preordered mine. I'm very thankful that the DC multiverse figs I wanted the most will be in this wave. Starfire, beast boy, walley west and nightwing. Those are the ones I was the most pumped for but I still really hope they keep popping out waves because I really want that Tim drake, poison ivy, mammoth, black canary, and katana. But only time will tell...

On 2/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, Stikman said:

I'd be tempted to get Nightwing and Wally West but I feel like McFarlane will most like come out with better versions. I think I'll play the waiting game.

Man I dont even have the patience to wait till April for this line up, let alone wait for mcfarlane. I've been so exited about this starfire, it feels like it was 3 years ago they showed her at sdcc. I'm also really pumped for walley, beast boy and nightwing.

2 hours ago, TamaraneanBoi89 said:

Man I dont even have the patience to wait till April for this line up, let alone wait for mcfarlane. I've been so exited about this starfire, it feels like it was 3 years ago they showed her at sdcc. I'm also really pumped for walley, beast boy and nightwing.

Starfire is the one I want the most out of this wave, as well... But, I love the look of Beast Boy, Nightwing and Wally, too. I’d be prettu happy to snag ‘em all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

Just saw that Marvel's Thanos Build-A-Figure line. How is it that Marvel seems to be able to crank these figures out, but DC can't?! It takes forever for DC Essentials or Multiverse figures to hit the market. As a DC fan, this is VERY frustrating!!

Tell me about it! It's so frustrating that we get like 8 figures a year and they get at least twice that number. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once mcfarlane starts putting out their DC figures that they will give us more characters more often. I just hope that doesn't take too long 

23 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

Just saw that Marvel's Thanos Build-A-Figure line. How is it that Marvel seems to be able to crank these figures out, but DC can't?! It takes forever for DC Essentials or Multiverse figures to hit the market. As a DC fan, this is VERY frustrating!!

On the flip side it often feels like the Marvel stuff comes out too much/too often for both fans and retailers to keep up with.  Results vary from wave to wave but there are stores that never receive certain waves because there hasn’t been time to sell through the wave prior thus by the time they are ready to restock things have moved on to a third wave down the line.  

There’s probably a happy medium in there somewhere between the frequency of new Legends and the frequency of new Multiverse.  

Also, if you don’t like the frequency of new waves now I’m guessing you’ll dislike it more when it’s McFarlane cause I anticipate McFarland will have far less number of waves per year than what Mattel was doing.  

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

On the flip side it often feels like the Marvel stuff comes out too much/too often for both fans and retailers to keep up with.  Results vary from wave to wave but there are stores that never receive certain waves because there hasn’t been time to sell through the wave prior thus by the time they are ready to restock things have moved on to a third wave down the line.  

There’s probably a happy medium in there somewhere between the frequency of new Legends and the frequency of new Multiverse.  

That's my feeling as well. I collect both and sometimes you absolutely get swamped with so much Marvel coming out. It's a double-edged sword: it's awesome to have a ton of new figures coming at you but man, it's hard on the wallet and on your shelf space. Then you have some Multiverse figures that feel like it has literally been years since we first saw them announced. Some schedule in between that would be great.

Solid wave, New Wally West, John Stewart, Beast boy these are the figures my dc collection really needs, Starfire  also looks pretty cool, but I'm happy with DC collectibles new 52 version. I only wish Wally had alternate fully masked head, I do realize it isn't accurate at all but it would make good pseudo old Wally West Flash. 

• 2 months later...

I really need this wave to get out, because I want that Starfire! And kind of want that Nightwing. I really wish they’d state when Black Canary would be coming. I’ve been waiting for a good Black Canary figure. None of her past figures are that great imo. 

Wave looks sort of interesting, really wish the Toybiz inspired Batman and Joker figures were the 89 movie figures instead. Ultimately decided not to pre-order this wave, would love to get Red Hood, hopefully he'll get released.

Still haven't gotten my hands on Wave 4 yet, Mattels disrtibution is terrible, and this wave isnt all that intresting to me, with the suposed "Batman" wave coming later and Mcfarlane getting the rights as of 2019 I really hope they at least are able to make a wave 7 and release that Red Hood figure theyve teased, thats pretty much the only figure I really want now.

Well, this not a really interesting wave for me. Would have rather get Black Canary. The only one I'm super excited about is Starfire. She along Raven are my favorite superheroines, and it's sad they barely got any love from Mattel. I really hope McFarlane give us some more variety and full teams from the DC comics

The CnC is what I'd be interested in most, but I'm more excited to just see what the others look like in person than to own them. The last wave never hit retail near me so this will probably be the same way and if it isn't in the store then it's out of sight out of mind and I probably will end up passing on all of them. 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:23 AM, Thinwheat said:

The CnC is what I'd be interested in most, but I'm more excited to just see what the others look like in person than to own them. The last wave never hit retail near me so this will probably be the same way and if it isn't in the store then it's out of sight out of mind and I probably will end up passing on all of them. 

I was hoping to pick up vixen online but i never saw her easily available. Neither Kyle Rayner. The distribution is wonky or they are just limiting production. Reminds me of the time when JLU line was at an end.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 3:17 PM, red_bird08 said:

Entertainment earth just put up the next wave for pre-order. Includes Katana, Dick Grayson Batman, Red Hood, Red Robin, Alfred, the beast and CNC Killer Croc.

Yeah there is actually already a post about that on here.