Mattel's DC Multiverse 6" Wave 11 Goes Up For Pre-Order

JayC

Mattel's 11th wave of 6" DC Multiverse figures have gone up for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com and it looks like some changes have been made to it since it was first announced at San Diego Comic Con last year.

According to BBTS the wave will now include the following figures:

- Beast Boy
- Starfire
- John Stewart Green Lantern
- Wally West Flash
- Nightwing
- Black Lightning (DCTV)

And the Collect-And-Connect figure will be Ninja Batman.

So what has changed? During Mattel's panel at SDCC last year is was said the wave would include Black Carney as opposed to Black Lightning and Beast Boy was added to the line-up. The other big change was that Ninja Batman was said to be a regular figure in the wave and the Collect-And-Connect figure would be Joker from the Batman: Ninja movie.

Both Black Lightning and Beast Boy were teased as being additional figures slated for 2019 along with Hawkgirl, Flashpoint Aquaman, Simon Baz Green Lantern, Katana, Mammoth, Red Hood and Tim Drake Red Robin which we saw again this month during Toy Fair. We also saw at Toy Fair figures for Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Toy Biz tribute figures for Batman and Joker.

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-01.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-02.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-03.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-04.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-05.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-08.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-09.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-10.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-11.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-12.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-13.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-14.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-15.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-16.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-17.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-18.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-19.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-20.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Series-11-21.jpg

Wow. Black Canary is out, Black Lightning is in. Here I thought Mattel would close out their DC run without cheesing me off by pulling one last brain-dead dip-stick move from their collective butts. I'm touched guys, really.

Fortunately, I have already said my good-byes and written of DC toys . . . at least till I see what Spin Master has planned.

38 minutes ago, mako said:

Wow. Black Canary is out, Black Lightning is in. Here I thought Mattel would close out their DC run without cheesing me off by pulling one last brain-dead dip-stick move from their collective butts. I'm touched guys, really.

Fortunately, I have already said my good-byes and written of DC toys . . . at least till I see what Spin Master has planned.

LOL, Spin Master...Really? You like to be disappointed don't you?

As for Black Canary I am sure she will still get released either as a store exclusive for this wave or moved to another wave.

• Haha 2

I’m not thrilled that they chose ninja Batman as the CnC figure. I didn’t watch the ninja Batman animated movie but, on a gut level, I had no interest in it. I love the figures in this wave but I wish they had chosen another character as the CnC. Maybe Godspeed or Sinestro, maybe even Bruce Wayne.

• Like 1

Well I alrdy have the SH Figurarts Ninja Batman and Shogun Joker.... This wave is tricky... I'll probably end up pre-ordering bcs I am interested in half of the wave... I figure I can throw in my Icons Cyborg with Starfire and Beast Boy, but it will be disappointing to not get a Raven to finish the Teen Titans.

The last waved at Mattel have been such a mixed bag in quality.  Overall I’m not impressed.  I’ll be curious to see how McFarlane steps it up.

• Like 1

Starfire, Beast Boy and Nightwing are all three big yes, pleases, for me... Really digging ‘em all.

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Starfire, Beast Boy and Nightwing are all three big yes, pleases, for me... Really digging ‘em all.

They're fine figures, but with everything coming out from Marvel Legends, plus Overwatch, plus the TMNT 2-Packs, plus the Power Rangers Lightning Collection, plus cherry-picking WWE I just can't add anything to my list right now, I even had to put the kabosh on collecting Transformers Siege this year.

Now maybe if Mattel had been a little more reliable in the recent past, I'd have built up a bit more consumer loyalty for them to leverage, but it is what it is.

As for what comes next, I may be the only collector  here not brown-nosing the Toddster, but I didn't when he started Image, I didn't when he made his Spawn movie, I didn't when he started making toys that flew apart despite having no articulation, and I certainly won't now that he's desperately sniffing up DCs leg for another taste of that Scooby Snack I like to call relevance.

I'm putting my money on Spin Masters, you know, the toy company, who make toys for kids, the people toys were made to be made for. It's a long-shot, but I'm hoping for a 6" scale Total Heroes type line. Basically, all of the scale, all of the characters, none of the ego. With Ford McFallane in the isles again, there's gonna be more than enough of that to go around.

I've yet to see the Lobo wave at retail and being the line is ending I have to concur it's harder to justify plopping money down for these things. I saw the Shazam movie figure at Walmart the other day but decided to pass on it, looked to skinny for the character.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, mako said:

They did it to anger you personally :)

I preordered.  I've been liking what they're doing with Multiverse and I may as well support it on the way out.  My main want is the Wally West who is my favorite Flash.  Their live action figures have gotten a lot better since their CW Flash and Arrow, I'm interested to see how Black Lightning turns out.  No desire for Ninja Batman but a guy already offed to pay to take it off my hands.

13 hours ago, mako said:

They're fine figures, but with everything coming out from Marvel Legends, plus Overwatch, plus the TMNT 2-Packs, plus the Power Rangers Lightning Collection, plus cherry-picking WWE I just can't add anything to my list right now, I even had to put the kabosh on collecting Transformers Siege this year.

As somebody who has a $20-$40 window every month to snag figures, I feel your pain, there... I only just barely managed to order up Peter and Ray, to go along with my already acquired Egon and Winston, Diamond Select Real Ghostbusters figures. So, that’s pretty much my month sorted.

13 hours ago, mako said:

Now maybe if Mattel had been a little more reliable in the recent past, I'd have built up a bit more consumer loyalty for them to leverage, but it is what it is.

I’m satisfied enough with them to put money down on these, when they come out.

13 hours ago, mako said:

As for what comes next, I may be the only collector  here not brown-nosing the Toddster, but I didn't when he started Image, I didn't when he made his Spawn movie, I didn't when he started making toys that flew apart despite having no articulation, and I certainly won't now that he's desperately sniffing up DCs leg for another taste of that Scooby Snack I like to call relevance.

I'm putting my money on Spin Masters, you know, the toy company, who make toys for kids, the people toys were made to be made for. It's a long-shot, but I'm hoping for a 6" scale Total Heroes type line. Basically, all of the scale, all of the characters, none of the ego. With Ford McFallane in the isles again, there's gonna be more than enough of that to go around.

I feel obliged to point out that my post contained absolutely zero references to good ol’ Todd, or what’s to come in the future. I was simply stating my love for, and interest in, three of the above solicited figures. Still, as it were, slated to be released via Mattel.

But, in the interest of conversation; I don’t have a bone to pick either way, with Todd or his products. I’m hardly a purveyor of his respective lines, having only ever picked up a few select pieces, here or there. Apart from which, I don’t know a helluva lot about the guy. Lest it be said, enough to ‘brown-nose’ he himself, or his wares.

But, with that said, I’ll stand by my estimation of his brand’s Fortnite figures being spectacular. See, I’m in it for the figures. Whether it’s Spin Master or McFarlane, I don’t really care. I’m not a brand whore like that. I just like what I like, and I buy what I like, as my budgetary constraints allow. And that’s that, really.

7 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

But, with that said, I’ll stand by my estimation of his brand’s Fortnite figures being spectacular. See, I’m in it for the figures. Whether it’s Spin Master or McFarlane, I don’t really care. I’m not a brand whore like that. I just like what I like, and I buy what I like, as my budgetary constraints allow. And that’s that, really.

I'm optimistic for McFarlane DC figures.  I guess I really don't have a reason not to be.  Fortnite is hardly something I am interested in, but the figures look like they're pretty good.  One toy reviewer that I watch a lot put that pink teddy bear lady on his top ten list last year.  Watching Todd's interviews from NY toyfair, he seems enthusiastic and seems to be getting the message that fans are looking for articulation.

As a child of the 90s, my brother and I always bought a lot of Todd Spider-Man and Spawn comics, and my brother loaded up on a lot of his early Spawn toys.  It might be fun to have more Todd in my life again :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yojoebro82 said:

I'm optimistic for McFarlane DC figures.  I guess I really don't have a reason not to be.  Fortnite is hardly something I am interested in, but the figures look like they're pretty good.  One toy reviewer that I watch a lot put that pink teddy bear lady on his top ten list last year.  Watching Todd's interviews from NY toyfair, he seems enthusiastic and seems to be getting the message that fans are looking for articulation.

As a child of the 90s, my brother and I always bought a lot of Todd Spider-Man and Spawn comics, and my brother loaded up on a lot of his early Spawn toys.  It might be fun to have more Todd in my life again :)

Yea, I’m right there with you as far as being optimistic goes... I know nothing about Fortnite at all, whatsoever. But, I bought one of those Cuddle Team Leader figures (the pink teddy bear), based on the reviews I’d seen of it, and because it really appealed to me. I like that they’re actively pursuing heightened articulation now, and doing it as well as they are. It looks like even their more recent Game of Thrones figures — which, admittedly I have no interest in, are even more articulated than anybody thought they would be. So, DC collector figures of that quality is a win-win, for me. Much as it would be if Spin Master produced them. Of course, we’ll just have to wait and see what either company yields. But, I’m definitely optimistic and raring to see what they’ll both be bringing us.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, mako said:

Don't you mean what McFarlane has planned?