Hasbro Star Wars Black Series ESB40 Fan Vote

Bespin refugee

Hasbro Star Wars Black Series ESB40 Fan Vote  

62 members have voted

1. 1. For the 40th Anniversary, which Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back character do you want to see made into a 6-inch figure?

• 2-1B Medic Droid
    • Admiral Ozzel
    • Bespin Security Guard
    • C-3PO (Disassembled with Cargo Net)
    • Dak Ralter
    • Darth Vader (Meditation Chamber)
    • FX-7 Medic Droid
    • General Carlist Rieekan
    • Hoth Rebel Soldier
    • Imperial Probe Droid
    • K-3PO
    • Lando Calrissian (ESB Finale)
    • Lobot
    • Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training w Backpack)
    • Princess Leia (Bespin Giown)
    • Ugnaught
    • Wedge Antillles (Rogue Three)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2019 at 04:59 AM

To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back in 2020, Hasbro is giving fans the chance to help them decide which Star Wars character they would like to see added to the Black Series line…  Starting on Tuesday, 2/19, they are asking fans to share their votes on which Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back character they want made into a 6-inch figure. Once voting closes, Hasbro will take top 10 picks from all of the fan sites to host a final fan vote on the Hasbro Pulse Instagram the following week.

Guidelines:
You can only choose characters from The Empire Strikes Back

The winning figure will not be a retool of a previously released figure, so cast your votes accordingly!

The nominations will close on Thursday 2/21 @ 11:59pm EST, the top ten nominees will then be sent to Hasbro Pulse for a final vote

You can vote in this thread.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

MedChamber03.jpg

download (4).jpg

download (5).jpg

download (6).jpg

download (7).jpg

download (8).jpg

download (9).jpg

download (10).jpg

download (11).jpg

images.jpg

d7b224e6a3a7d45b77fe453aae597fd8--princess-leia-outfit-princess-leia-cosplay.jpg

download (12).jpg

download (13).jpg

• Bespin refugee changed the title to Hasbro Star Wars Black Series ESB40 Fan Vote
57 minutes ago, Ras_Al_Ghuuch said:

I wish we could get a Chewbacca where he's carrying a dismembered C-3PO on his back

I agree, maybe as a deluxe fiig(?), with 3PO, and cargo net, as  well as, new head sculpt and retooled hands,to hold blaster ;)

• Like 1

I'd like a "TaunTaun" to be added to the list. But 1 specific tauntaun in particular. I'd like the tauntaun that had it's guts spilled out, in order to keep Luke warm while Han set up the tent.

But seriously, I would prefer to submit some of our own choices, rather than just being pigeonholed into the options above.

I really hope that everyone voting here is smart enough to realize that something like a figure of Luke in Dagobah training gear is going to get made one day, no matter what. Make your choice be for something a little more obscure. Something that we otherwise may not ever see get made, without winning a Fan's Choice Vote.

My nominations to be added to the list are:

the aforementioned Tauntaun (with guts spilled out)

Hobbie Klivian (former Imperial cadet who defected to the Rebellion)

Zev Senesca (the pilot who found Luke & Han on Hoth)

18 hours ago, jmw326 said:

Hmmm... not many of those are ones I would want. Luke gets my vote. 

There not many characters left that have't aleardy been made, though Luke in underwear and Cliff Claven from Cheers should have been there :(

17 hours ago, Satam said:

So do I.  I also want Han without his jacket and with the restraints from the carbon freeze chamber.

I think Bespin tried to hold off on figures that would end up being essentially a retooled figure since Hasbro says those wouldn't be considered.  Honestly if they did that one though I think it would be cool if they did a deluxe like version and he came with the Empire's torture rig.

This just bothers me. The point of this thing is to give the fans what they want by letting us directly choose a figure. The fans want extended universe, Hasbro knows it so they confine us to Empire, where we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. With our seventh Luke Skywalker, fifth Princess Leia, forth Lando Calrissian, and the third Darth Vader. Second C-3PO, but with no Chewbacca to carry him. Now granted there's a few good firsts, like Lobot, Wedge, or Ozzel, but past that it's just droids, cannon fodder and little characters with less than ten minutes of screentime. None of them are worth our yearly shot at getting what we really want. And I get not wanting expanded universe. Keep it in the canon, but to confine us only to Empire is a bit ridiculous, and completely defeats the point of the pole.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

I think Bespin tried to hold off on figures that would end up being essentially a retooled figure since Hasbro says those wouldn't be considered.  Honestly if they did that one though I think it would be cool if they did a deluxe like version and he came with the Empire's torture rig.

Did they say that?  I've seen this option on a half a dozen other polls for the 40th Anniversary ESB Fan Choice these last couple days.  Anyway, the torture rig could be cool or they could maybe pack in the carbonite block from the 2013 Boba Fett exclusive.

11 minutes ago, Satam said:

Did they say that?  I've seen this option on a half a dozen other polls for the 40th Anniversary ESB Fan Choice these last couple days.  Anyway, the torture rig could be cool or they could maybe pack in the carbonite block from the 2013 Boba Fett exclusive.

Yep, their rules:

o   Only characters from Empire Strikes Back can be included in the poll

o   Note, the winning figure will not be a retool of a previously released figure, so cast your votes accordingly!

o   Only 1 vote can be submitted per email address or social handle per day

7 hours ago, JayC said:

Yep, their rules:

o   Only characters from Empire Strikes Back can be included in the poll

o   Note, the winning figure will not be a retool of a previously released figure, so cast your votes accordingly!

o   Only 1 vote can be submitted per email address or social handle per day

I took this statement in a completely different manner. I don't see any part of the statement that says certain things wouldn't even be considered (other than ESB limitations). But rather, whichever figure wins, would be newly tooled.

to me, an example how I interpreted this would be:  -Currently have a few versions of x-wing pilots. If the fan's choice winner were to be any form of an x-wing pilot, they would create new tooling for the winning figure rather than reuse existing x-wing pilot tooling.

Not meaning: -Don't pick an x-wing pilot, because there is already tooling for that, so it wouldn't be considered at all.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else. But that's how it came across to me. Would it change anything about our voting options, if Hasbro's intent was more in line with what I was thinking?

I'd really like to have other voting options available instead of being limited to what we've currently got here.

Damn, I’m kind of stuck between Wedge, and the three droids, 2-1B, FX-7 and K-3PO... I’m going to have to mull this one over a bit.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE