Masters Of The Universe Classics Snake Mountain Playset Pre-Order Begins May 2019 From Super 7

JayC

On 5/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, JayC said:

Yeah I was gonna say, didn't Super7 do an Ultimate He-Man. The thing that keeps my He-Man figure buying to a min is the whole pre-order thing. I understand why a small company like Super7 does it, but I'd probably have bought a whole lot more He-Man figures from both Mattel and Super7 if they hadn't gone the pre-order route with them.

With Mattel the one good thing is with the exception of the $20 Subscription fee (which covered the exclusive) they wouldn’t charge you until an item shipped.  So even though it was a preorder you didn’t have to pay in advance and you always knew when you would be charged/receive your item.  

With Super7 you have to pay everything upfront and then when you’ll actually get your items is a bit of a mystery.  I think last year at one point I had about 7 or 8 different open preorders with Super7 that I’d paid for but had yet to receive any of.  That’s kind of beyond ridiculous.  Even now I think I have at least 4 or 5 different Super7 preorders that have been paid for but have yet to ship.  It shouldn’t work this way.  If they are going to charge in advance on a preorder then they really need to ship all those items before asking for yet more money.  

The other factor is the short window to preorder.  With Mattel you mostly knew it was coming.  Every year it would be announced at SDCC, you’d have about 2 months to decide and only had to pay $20 at that time.  With S7 you basically have 30 days to come up with the full amount (typically between $100 to $300).  And then once you make that decision and spend that money they blindside you with another $100 to $300 preorder a week later.  So most of the time there’s no way to make a budget or plan ahead.  Snake Mountain has been a rare exception to this since they at least gave us a heads up on when and how much a couple of months ago but still people got blindsided with the extra $150 they needed for shipping.  

Super7 just announced that they’ve reached 100% funded and the minimum needed to make Snake Mountain.  It’s happening!

37 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Super7 just announced that they’ve reached 100% funded and the minimum needed to make Snake Mountain.  It’s happening!

Glad it's happening but dont think it was ever truly in doubt.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Glad it's happening but dont think it was ever truly in doubt.

I wasn’t 100% sure when the preorder first opened up but then once I saw they were over 1/3rd there in the first 10 days even prior to international sales being available I was pretty confident it would happen.  

Now I need to go ahead and get a shelf lined up to display it.  (I still need to find a place for my Sail Barge too—it’s still just sitting in a box in one of my toy rooms)

20 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Now I need to go ahead and get a shelf lined up to display it.  (I still need to find a place for my Sail Barge too—it’s still just sitting in a box in one of my toy rooms)

A shelf?  Brother, you need a whole room!

1 hour ago, Satam said:

A shelf?  Brother, you need a whole room!

That’s for sure.  Luckily I have 4 full size toy rooms, plus 2 more small toy room/hallways, (plus 2 other rooms for the comic collection).  Those rooms are packed with a variety of 8 feet tall custom built shelves/display cases of varying widths and depths (for instance in my GI Joe/Transformers room my USS Flagg takes up one of the shelves in a case that is 8 feet tall, 8 feet wide, and 4 feet deep).  

In the MOTU section currently the biggest case/shelf I have there is I think about 6 feel wide and about 30” deep so Snake Mountain should fit there BUT in that case I don’t currently have a shelf available that has clearance that is 3 feet tall so I’m probably going to need to remove a shelf and really reconfigure things in that cabinet (currently I believe the tallest shelf in that particular display case is about 26”).  

The Sail Barge on the other hand I have no idea how I’m going to end up displaying it and I basically need to completely rework my Star Wars section.  

If you hadn't heard, Super 7's Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain playset has been fully funded and with that they have released a preview for the boxart that will be featured on the packaging. The drawing was done by Jason Edmiston. Super 7 will continue to take order for the set until Sunday, June 2nd.
Image 1 of 27

Boxart-Super7-Snake-Mountain-01.jpg

You have to love how the sales went from 85% to 100% in a day and got extended through the weekend.

I'm wondering how the playset will be shipped?  Nothing has been said if it will be UPS or FedEx?  I mean for $150 dollars, you can have it shipped freight on a truck.  But the playset is big but it isn't that big.  Sure, it stands 36-inches high and opens to 48-inches wide, but that is when it's fully assembled.  It folds in half making it only 24-inches wide so I don't think it's going to be shipped 48-inches wide.

I think the biggest box of toys I ever got was from BBTS.  I kept pushing back my pile of loot and they finally had to ship it after 18 months of toys piling up.  I'm surprised FedEx didn't sue me for giving their driver a double hernia.

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

You have to love how the sales went from 85% to 100% in a day and got extended through the weekend.

I'm wondering how the playset will be shipped?  Nothing has been said if it will be UPS or FedEx?  I mean for $150 dollars, you can have it shipped freight on a truck.  But the playset is big but it isn't that big.  Sure, it stands 36-inches high and opens to 48-inches wide, but that is when it's fully assembled.  It folds in half making it only 24-inches wide so I don't think it's going to be shipped 48-inches wide.

I think the biggest box of toys I ever got was from BBTS.  I kept pushing back my pile of loot and they finally had to ship it after 18 months of toys piling up.  I'm surprised FedEx didn't sue me for giving their driver a double hernia.

I don’t recall the exact numbers but some where they did say how big the box was and it basically was something like 4’ x 3’ x 3’ I think.  Keep in mind that they will be a lot of  styrofoam protection inside the product box that will add inches and then possibly even more between the product box and the shipping box.  

• 5 months later...

I see Super7 made a mistake and sent out incorrect email alerts saying that Snake Mountain was about to ship.  I see we are looking at an estimated Spring of 2020 release...

On 11/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, Outsiders said:

I see Super7 made a mistake and sent out incorrect email alerts saying that Snake Mountain was about to ship.  I see we are looking at an estimated Spring of 2020 release...

The EE email update I receive every month is saying June 2020. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, Rain said:

I can't justify the price tag personally.  Or how much space it will take up in my house

this is how I feel, but man is this beautiful, I wish this was something I could have but, alas I'm okay with it being something in the end I don't

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

this is how I feel, but man is this beautiful, I wish this was something I could have but, alas I'm okay with it being something in the end I don't

I'm also in that boat, an impressive piece certainly but ultimately something I don't really need to have. Anyway, I'm still impressed that they managed to do something like this, kudos to them.

• Thanks 1

This is absolutely stunning 0_o
I think the price point for what you're getting, including that this is NOT something seen at mass retail is perfectly fine. I personally regret not throwing down for this pre-order when it was available. You can clearly see the love and attention to detail that's being put into everything about this set. It almost makes me wish that they would take another crack at Castle Greyskull and expand on the previous version as well. I'm hoping we see a new version of the Eternia playset someday too.

• Thanks 1

I dont regret not throwing down because while I was tempted to get this, at the end of the day the lack of space and just not being that huge of a MOTUC collector made it in my mind not worth spending that much, but I admit it is a cool looking playset and those who did get it I think will enjoy it assuming Super7 is able to deliver as promised.

• Thanks 2

Thing looks massive and I can't wait to display next to my Castle Greyskull along with my entire Filmation figure collection. I was not gonna pre-order due to the price  but i literally did last hour before it closed. I would be really disappointed in myself if I didn't get this cause this is something that will never be made again, and will only go up in value so almost impossible to buy later.

• Thanks 1