Masters Of The Universe Classics Snake Mountain Playset Pre-Order Begins May 2019 From Super 7

JayC

Placed my preorder.  Going to have to do a little rearranging in my MOTU section to come up with the place to display it. Also still need to do some rearranging in my Star Wars section to find room for the Sail Barge (in the meantime it is still in the box).  

Just read an interview with Scott "Toy Guru" Neilish by Adultcollector.org on Facebook. He thinks this may be our only chance at getting Snake Mountain made and I happen to agree, glad I already pre-ordered but more orders are needed to fully back this behemoth! 

I'm feeling optimistic about this. Here's the link to the page with the interview....

https://m.facebook.com/Adultcollectororg-194486950703800/?__tn__=C-R

11 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

Just read an interview with Scott "Toy Guru" Neilish by Adultcollector.org on Facebook. He thinks this may be our only chance at getting Snake Mountain made and I happen to agree, glad I already pre-ordered but more orders are needed to fully back this behemoth! 

I'm feeling optimistic about this. Here's the link to the page with the interview....

https://m.facebook.com/Adultcollectororg-194486950703800/?__tn__=C-R

I definitely agree that this is the only chance to get this.

Also interesting to read that Scott moved from L.A.  I used to run into him often in the Culver City area when we would both happen to be making a toy run at TRU as well as at SDCC and other LA based conventions.  TRU is obviously gone, but I’m guessing now he also won’t be wandering around or working any of those conventions 

I didn't read the article but I assume you all mean this is the only way to get it as in if it doesn't get funded its not going to happen which is a no-brainer, but I also think there is little chance this won't get funded. Like these things we have seen in the past (Castle Grayskull, Jabba's Sail Barge, ect ect) If you want this item and have the money then by all means go for it, but dont let anyone pressure you into thinking you have to pre-order it now or it wont happen either. The thing is far enough along in production, not to mention all the major etailers have it up for sale including Entertainment Earth which is where Scott currently works (or at least that was his  last place of employment I am aware of, he's changed jobs so many times since he left Mattel it's hard to keep track), that I don't see this not happening.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

Scott currently works (or at least that was his  last place of employment I am aware of, he's changed jobs so many times since he left Mattel it's hard to keep track)

LOL, nevermind I just looked at the article, looks like the EE job has already come and gone as well, hence why he probably had to move out of expensive LA.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, nevermind I just looked at the article, looks like the EE job has already come and gone as well, hence why he probably had to move out of expensive LA.

LA is very expensive—that said personally I’d be disappointed if something took a turn for me professionally to where I had to move somewhere else.  Not sure if that’s the case with Scott or not but he did seem to bounce around a lot these past couple of years. 

My first thought in reading he moved though was “well, maybe now he can finally have a couple of rooms to display his collection in and take them out of storage”.   Square footage in L.A. is by far the most expensive aspect of collecting so at least that’s probably less of an issue in the southeast.  

On 5/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, JayC said:

I didn't read the article but I assume you all mean this is the only way to get it as in if it doesn't get funded its not going to happen which is a no-brainer, but I also think there is little chance this won't get funded. Like these things we have seen in the past (Castle Grayskull, Jabba's Sail Barge, ect ect) If you want this item and have the money then by all means go for it, but dont let anyone pressure you into thinking you have to pre-order it now or it wont happen either. The thing is far enough along in production, not to mention all the major etailers have it up for sale including Entertainment Earth which is where Scott currently works (or at least that was his  last place of employment I am aware of, he's changed jobs so many times since he left Mattel it's hard to keep track), that I don't see this not happening.

I tend to think you're right about Snake Mountain getting funded, Super7 really put forth the effort they did into this and I do believe enough orders will be made for this to go into production.

BTW on Super7s YouTube channel they have a new video up advertising Snake Mountain in an old fashioned "Buy It Now" commercial. Good stuff!

So I think the last update I saw this was 55% funded.  

If I was a bigger MOTU collector I would probably get this. Even though I am more a Star Wars collector than I am He-Man I think this playset is more tempting than Hasbro's Jabba's Sail Barge mainly because this one gives you more display options with a larger variety offigures than the Sail Barge does. You could display almost any MOTU figure on this thing and it would look decent. With the Sail Barge you basically are locked in to only using Jabba scene figures. Keep in mind Im not getting either but if I were to get one this one would be my choice.

I have this feeling that Super7 is going to push back the pre-order date.  Today is the 21st and we have until the 31st to order this bad boy... I can see them sending out emails and announcements saying they have pushed the pre-order back for another 2 weeks to make sure it sales...

What the... I checked out Super7 payment plan page and I noticed the following line:

All orders using the payment plan will include a 5% service charge to cover additional fees associated with the plan.

This means that you will be paying $600 for the Snake Mountain, $150 for shipping and additional $37.50 if you use the payment plan.

13 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I have this feeling that Super7 is going to push back the pre-order date.  Today is the 21st and we have until the 31st to order this bad boy... I can see them sending out emails and announcements saying they have pushed the pre-order back for another 2 weeks to make sure it sales...

I wouldn't be surprised, they often push back their deadline dates on these things.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

If I was a bigger MOTU collector I would probably get this. Even though I am more a Star Wars collector than I am He-Man I think this playset is more tempting than Hasbro's Jabba's Sail Barge mainly because this one gives you more display options with a larger variety offigures than the Sail Barge does. You could display almost any MOTU figure on this thing and it would look decent. With the Sail Barge you basically are locked in to only using Jabba scene figures. Keep in mind Im not getting either but if I were to get one this one would be my choice.

My top 2 are GI Joe and Superheroes (Marvel/DC) but right below that are both MOTU and Star Wars.  I have the Sail Barge and presuming it gets funded I’ll be getting Snake Mountain but if I had to choose between the 2 Snake Mountain would be my choice.  Snake Mountain has better display value and is more central to the core iconography of the brand.  Also I think the MOTU Classics line has established itself as the most ultimate and encompassing line in the history of MOTU.  With Star Wars and other franchises there has yet to be one line to accomplish that. 

The problem with this is that I don't have a He-Man that I'm really happy with from Super7. Why would I spend $600 plus on what is essentially an accessory for a He-Man that I'm not even that thrilled about? 
Thundercats and Masters lines are always incapable of readily keeping their main characters available, they're too focused on secondary characters. Just like the original Masters vintage line, if nobody can get He-Man, there's no point in getting Ram-Man and when all you offer is Ram-Man the line dies. That's literally the one biggest lesson to take from the death of the vintage Masters line, yet nobody can learn from it? 
Super7 should have produced a killer He-Man figure from the start, then released 2.0 and 3.0 versions while they released their secondary characters. Tweaking issues on the previous He-Man figures then at this point we'd have some solid He-Man and Skeletor offerings from them and the Snake Mountain pill would be a lot easier to swallow. 
I hear rumors that Super7 is losing the license anyway. Someone needs to do justice by the Thundercats and Masters lines. 

3 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

The problem with this is that I don't have a He-Man that I'm really happy with from Super7. Why would I spend $600 plus on what is essentially an accessory for a He-Man that I'm not even that thrilled about? 
Thundercats and Masters lines are always incapable of readily keeping their main characters available, they're too focused on secondary characters. Just like the original Masters vintage line, if nobody can get He-Man, there's no point in getting Ram-Man and when all you offer is Ram-Man the line dies. That's literally the one biggest lesson to take from the death of the vintage Masters line, yet nobody can learn from it? 
Super7 should have produced a killer He-Man figure from the start, then released 2.0 and 3.0 versions while they released their secondary characters. Tweaking issues on the previous He-Man figures then at this point we'd have some solid He-Man and Skeletor offerings from them and the Snake Mountain pill would be a lot easier to swallow. 
I hear rumors that Super7 is losing the license anyway. Someone needs to do justice by the Thundercats and Masters lines. 

While I don’t disagree and I understand where you’re coming from, to be fair Super7 did do an “ultimate version” of He-Man for regular Classics He-Man when they first took over (so 2017) and then they did another “Ulimate version” Of He-Man for Club Grayskull less than 6 months ago.  So that’s 2 chances to get a more or less standard He-Man in the 3 years Super7 has been doing it.  Plus Matty put out the first He-Man in Club Grayskull in just 2016.  So 2016, 2017, 2018, and less than half way through 2019 and there have been 3 He-Man releases, all in the same scale, and all baring the original ‘82 armor and weapons.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

While I don’t disagree and I understand where you’re coming from, to be fair Super7 did do an “ultimate version” of He-Man for regular Classics He-Man when they first took over (so 2017) and then they did another “Ulimate version” Of He-Man for Club Grayskull less than 6 months ago.  So that’s 2 chances to get a more or less standard He-Man in the 3 years Super7 has been doing it.  Plus Matty put out the first He-Man in Club Grayskull in just 2016.  So 2016, 2017, 2018, and less than half way through 2019 and there have been 3 He-Man releases, all in the same scale, and all baring the original ‘82 armor and weapons.  

Are you pulling the trigger on this? 

7 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Are you pulling the trigger on this? 

I am.  Already placed my preorder via Entertainment Earth

On 5/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, InspectorZartan said:

Yeah I was gonna say, didn't Super7 do an Ultimate He-Man. The thing that keeps my He-Man figure buying to a min is the whole pre-order thing. I understand why a small company like Super7 does it, but I'd probably have bought a whole lot more He-Man figures from both Mattel and Super7 if they hadn't gone the pre-order route with them.