Masters Of The Universe Classics Snake Mountain Playset Pre-Order Begins May 2019 From Super 7

JayC

The Masters of the Universe Classics massive Snake Mountain playset was first shown off several years ago by Mattel at one of the San Diego Comic Cons and then shelved for awhile until. Super 7 then took things over for Masters, and they showed it off at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Now it finally looks like pre-order's process for this will begin. While we still don't really have specific details about the set, Super 7 has announced that they will begin taking pre-orders for Skeletor's lair starting in May. Stay-tuned for more on this to be released soon and be sure to check out their new teaser image as well as our detailed images of the prototype they had on display during Comic Con last summer.

UPDATE: Super 7 has announced that the playset will cost $600 with a 6 month payment plan.

Super7-Snake-Mountain-01.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-02.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-03.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-04.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-05.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-06.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-07.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-08.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-09.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-10.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-11.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-12.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-13.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-14.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-15.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-16.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-17.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-18.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-19.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-20.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-21.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-22.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-23.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-24.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-25.jpg

Super7-Snake-Mountain-26.jpg

3 minutes ago, JayC said:

It will be $600 with a 6 month payment plan. Which seems high but then people are paying $1500 eBay for a stupid One:12 Gomez figure so who knows.

All things considered, $600 seems like a fair price to me, especially for a setup that size and that detailed.

For the record though, I didn't get a Sail Barge and doubt I will. get this either, just don't have the space to display these huge things as cool as they look.

If Hasbro ever gives us a proper Death Star playset I will find the space no matter what, but that is probably the only thing this size I would be willing to purchase.

$600 with a 6 month payment plan... This isn't too bad because the payment plan does help.  Only problem is we are looking at maybe around $700-750 after tax and shipping added on.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:13 PM, TheMikeSnyder said:

This beast of a play set looks amazing, but my one bedroom apt in Los Angeles is almost the same size. ?

I’m very lucky to have a pretty sizable place in L.A. with multiple spare rooms for my collections (4 full size toy rooms, plus 2 Comic rooms, and 2 other smaller toy areas).  But likewise living in L.A. I definetely feel your pain.  Living in this expensive city means the most expensive part of collecting is not the cost of toys but the cost of square footage.  

When I first got back in to collecting I was living in a smallish apartment off of mid-Wilshire and had to contend with the same space dilemma and now I have more space but at L.A. prices the cost of more space can limit what one collects.  It’s a Catch-22. 

That said, I’m definetely picking up this Snake Mountain.  

On 2/20/2019 at 10:30 PM, Outsiders said:

$600 with a 6 month payment plan... This isn't too bad because the payment plan does help.  Only problem is we are looking at maybe around $700-750 after tax and shipping added on.

I think the other problem is rather or not Super7 will actually slow down their other preorders while people are paying off the payment plan.  Thus far I’ve been doing the payments up front but I feel sorry for those who did the Club Grayskull payment plan (which includes an extra charge) only to have Super7 come out with another 2 waves of MOTU product that then require payments that overlap with the payment plan one is already on.  That kind of defeats the purpose.  

52 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

I’m very lucky to have a pretty sizable place in L.A. with multiple spare rooms for my collections (4 full size toy rooms, plus 2 Comic rooms, and 2 other smaller toy areas).  But likewise living in L.A. I definetely feel your pain.  Living in this expensive city means the most expensive part of collecting is not the cost of toys but the cost of square footage.  

When I first got back in to collecting I was living in a smallish apartment off of mid-Wilshire and had to contend with the same space dilemma and now I have more space but at L.A. prices the cost of more space can limit what one collects.  It’s a Catch-22. 

That said, I’m definetely picking up this Snake Mountain.  

With four rooms for toys you just gotta!  That’s awesome man.

• 1 month later...
Super 7 has released a new image and info about their upcoming Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain playset.

Here we go at last! The evil Skeletor’s massive, and we mean MASSIVE, fortress is here! The Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice Snake Mountain Playset stands 36-inches high and opens to a staggering 48-inches wide, making it the most absurdly large Masters of the Universe playset ever made! The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice Snake Mountain Playset will be available for pre-order from May 1st to 31st for $600 (plus shipping) and a 6-month payment plan will be available. Figures are not included. Visit the News section at the link in our profile and stay tuned as we'll be sharing more information and images about this humongous release!
1 of 1

The Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice Snake Mountain Playset stands 36-inches high and opens to a staggering 48-inches wide, making it the most absurdly large Masters of the Universe playset ever made!

Product Features
- 36 inches (91.44) height
- 48 inches (122cm) wide when open
- Demon with moveable jaw
- Narrow bridge of red hot lava falls
- Functioning trap door
- Real chains to shackle Skeletor’s enemies
- Break-away wall secret entrance
- Skeletor’s table and bone throne
- Horrifying dungeon creatures
- Figures not included

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-01.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-02.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-03.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-04.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-05.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-06.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-07.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-08.jpg

MOTU-Snake-Mountain-09.jpg

I got the pre-order email today from Super7 and they are asking for $150.00 dollars just for shipping...

The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice Snake Mountain Playset will be available for pre-order from now until May 31st for $600 per playset (Plus a flat $150 for shipping to U.S. domestic addresses only. International order details to follow.) and a 6-month payment plan is available. Figures are not included.

They have to be kidding?!?  I have ordered many statues from Sideshow that have been just as big and I received them FedEx shipped for $20-30 dollars.  So $750 for the playset that comes with no figures and doesn't even have the microphone either.

But I did notice that Super7 doesn't have much faith in this playset selling.  On their own pre-order page, they have the following listed:

The production and release of this item depends on Super7 receiving a minimum number of orders before the pre-order window closes. If this minimum is not met the Snake Mountain Playset will be cancelled and orders will be refunded.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this.  The $150 shipping cost though ouch.  That’s pretty inflated especially when I’m living in the same area it will be shipping from.  

7 hours ago, kendallpride3000 said:

Does anybody know what the "Demon with moveable jaw" is?

It’s referencing the Giant face on the right side of Snake Mountain.  I’m guessing we’ll get an origin story for this on the box bio

The price at first look seems a little steep but considering the size of the playset, the fact that its a collector's item and is in limited quantity and how much toy prices have increased over the last 3-4 years it isnt that far fetched, its the Shipping price that is just ridiculous, that and the fact that this playset is realy not for everybody, I assume that for the most part, if youve got over $700 to dish out on this playset there is a good chance you have enough room in your house anyway, but for most people $700+ means a lot of money that could be spent on more important things or at the very least (if you wanted to spend that money on collectibles and figures) a lot more things you could get with that ammount and would probably take up less space, I like Motu a lot but if I didnt get Castle Greyskull this playset is an easy pass, still its always welcome that items like these are still being made (people like me who grew up in the 80's and saw massive playsets as a regular thing can appreciate that every once in a while we see new ones being made by someone cause we know that the Toy market has changed so drastically since we were kids that its hard to see stuff like this that was sort of normal in our childhood being done now a days)