JayC

#NYTF19 - Mattel Showroom Coverage

Shown below are images from the Mattel showroom for this year's New York Toy Fair. Brands featured include the likes of DC Multiverse, WWE, Jurassic World, Toy Story 4 and Pokémon Mega Bloks. We had heard new Netflix She-Ra was going to shown, but that didn’t happen. Looks like that will probably be shown at SDCC.

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

IMG_4465.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4468.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4476.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_4504.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

IMG_4518.JPG

IMG_4519.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4561.JPG

IMG_4562.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

IMG_4568.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

IMG_4573.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4575.JPG

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

IMG_4583.JPG

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG

IMG_4589.JPG

IMG_4590.JPG

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4593.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG

IMG_4597.JPG

IMG_4598.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4600.JPG

IMG_4601.JPG

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_4604.JPG

IMG_4605.JPG

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

IMG_4617.JPG

IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

What's really sad, is that I can remember years during the height of Mattel's DC license when they didn't show this much stuff.

So all the stuff that was shown last year that still isn’t out, like Beast Boy, Nightwing,  Starfire, Wally West Flash, Hawkgirl, Katana. Is any of that being released?

How is the DC multiverse stuff stocked in everyone’s part of the country? I live in Maryland and it’s pretty much non existent in Target, currently being clearanced out at Walmart and no one carried it in the first place. Also, I’ve only ever seen the Multiverse Signature figures (Kilmer Batman and 90’s Flash) at GameStop.

Same in OK,  DC multiverse is almost nothing in the stores and I have only seen Kilmer Bats at GameStop.  I want that Keaton Bats, Tim Drake Red Robin, Joker, and probably the Poison Ivy.  But I also wonder if these will actually be released, or if they will be limited with some annoying hassle in which I decide it's not worth the trouble.

What cracks me up, is that there are people worried about MacFarlane taking over the line, when Mattel itself has produced utter over priced garbage with its DC stuff (at least since 4 horsemen stopped making the product)

I've never seen a figure of theirs I've ever wanted (especially compared to the phenomenal DC collectibles)

That being said their WWE design team is awesome (apart from the downgrading of the basics)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGrimeyGhost said:

Same in OK,  DC multiverse is almost nothing in the stores and I have only seen Kilmer Bats at GameStop.  I want that Keaton Bats, Tim Drake Red Robin, Joker, and probably the Poison Ivy.  But I also wonder if these will actually be released, or if they will be limited with some annoying hassle in which I decide it's not worth the trouble.

I Pre-Ordered the Lobo wave from BBTS just so I wouldn’t have to track it down. If they announce any more waves I might do the same because I think these are going to be few and far between as we get later in the year.

Cant wait for McFarlane to get a crack at DC stuff, hardly anything new here at Mattel. Then again they still need to release a ton of figures they revealed last year so.. Hey lets see what they´ll eventually release

Poor Mattel, again under the spotlight but for the wrong reasons.

Too many repaints on that JW display and that Keaton bats looks more like a bootleg to me.

3 hours ago, lordtom said:

What cracks me up, is that there are people worried about MacFarlane taking over the line, when Mattel itself has produced utter over priced garbage with its DC stuff (at least since 4 horsemen stopped making the product)

I've never seen a figure of theirs I've ever wanted (especially compared to the phenomenal DC collectibles)

I can only speak for myself, but the concern with the new McFarlane deal is more around what happens to DC Collectibles, and will there be a source for 7" scale DC merchandise. I don't collect the 6" Mattel scale stuff, so I can sort of laugh at that...I think it's supposed to be a Keaton Batman(?) "figure" and still enjoy my NECA Keaton Batman. If McFarlane goes whole hog on Multiverse in the 6" scale while blocking everyone else from doing 7", then it doesn't matter how good his sculpting is.

So, at this point I guess its fair to assume the Nightwing, Black Canary,  Hawkgirl, Red Hood, etc. figures are not happening?

Well this is actually sad. As I recall, last NYCC their designers were all excited to reveal all new articulation, the paint was great. They acted like they have years ahead of them to make it all new. A fresh start. Even go back and remake all the older figures. 

Katana looked awesome. Hawkgirl,  Cannary, the Red Robin that is on display here. The had plans after the Lobo wave...then boom. All gone.

Execs axed everyone and we got what we got. The Lobo wave was not all bad.  Now we will see what happens. Prob at SDCC we will have something since Todd said that January 2020 they would release products already. 

8 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Poor Mattel, again under the spotlight but for the wrong reasons.

Too many repaints on that JW display and that Keaton bats looks more like a bootleg to me.

I also noticed the 6" scale Jurassic Park/World figures were completely absent.

I too noticed a no show for 6" Ian Malcolm.  Annoying, right up there with no Nightwing.  Kind of like a shoulder shrug.

I noticed that the Mattel Batman ‘89 figure had a broken point on the cowl and looks cheap. The Red Robin, Poison Ivy, and Riddler look great! Great that they’re bring Deathstroke, Red Hood, and Knightfall Batman out in the mode of the animated series! It’s just too bad that we won’t see Mattel continue the DC Multiverse line. They had a lot of really good looking figures, sometimes even better looking than the DC icons line. And I love the collect and connect figures. It’s just a shame it has to end. I was always anticipating what the next collect and connect was going to be and what figures you had to buy.  

I think I’m going to sit out the rest of Mattel Multiverse and see what McFarlane has in store next year. I’m excited about the prospect of DC figures that match the general style and scale of NECA’s Alien and Predator figures.

I'm just waiting to see what Spin Masters comes up with. They're the ones who are gonna have to tow the line. Hopefully, what they come up with is something I can use.

Until then, I agree, my DC collecting is done for the time being.

Well Dc's showing was a bit underwhelming, I would have thought that since this is their last year with the licence they would go all out show us at least 3 waves that would come out in the 1rst half of the year but seems like mattel is just being mattel as allways (and people still wonder why mattel has been having financial problems) and has already packed their bags on the dc multiverse figures and are just going to phone it in for the remainder of the year

I was intrigued by the photos, but having just watched Pixel Dan's Toy Story 4 video, I definitely want that Star Command Space Ship now.

21 hours ago, DarkKnight69 said:

I noticed that the Mattel Batman ‘89 figure had a broken point on the cowl and looks cheap. The Red Robin, Poison Ivy, and Riddler look great! Great that they’re bring Deathstroke, Red Hood, and Knightfall Batman out in the mode of the animated series! It’s just too bad that we won’t see Mattel continue the DC Multiverse line. They had a lot of really good looking figures, sometimes even better looking than the DC icons line. And I love the collect and connect figures. It’s just a shame it has to end. I was always anticipating what the next collect and connect was going to be and what figures you had to buy.  

Now that you point it out, the broken cowl ear tip is all I can see on that 89 Bats.  I still want that figure, just not, you know, a broken version.  I feel like Mattel sat on some of these versions of characters that many of us wanted for years and just now when they lose the license, they're trying.  I wanted another chance at a new version of collect and connect Bane as I never got the previous one but ah well.  Maybe Todd will give us a big one that doesn't require buying the whole line.

Wasn't too much that got me excited at the Mattel showroom this year.  Really just the DC figures (of which there were few) and the WWE figures (which I stopped watching wrestling back around the time of the Benoit incident and thus I'm mostly only interested in older characters from the 80s through about 2005 so there's only a handful of figures I'm interested in here). 

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that not all of the DC Multiverse figures Mattel has shown are likely to actually make it out through full retail distribution by the end of the year thus they may have to move a wave that was planned for retail and instead release it as this year's SDCC box set.  Again, could be wrong, but if this happens it won't surprise me. 

6 hours ago, marionlawless said:

Are those DC Multiverse figures even going to make it to shelves? Apart from the movie lines I've not seen any comic based series at retail since the Doomsday wave.

As far as the non-movie waves go I’ve seen and picked up up to the Clayface wave, but it’s spotty at best with the stores around here hardly getting any new cases coming in and then when they do arrive it’s a “blink and you missed it”. 

Personally I think Mattel going to realize (presuming they haven’t already) that there’s no way they are going to be able to push out everything they’ve shown to actual retain in time and thus some of these will probably end up as an SDCC packout release.