#NYTF19 - McFarlane New Products Showcase

FASVB

I knew when they announced the MK license it was going to be for MK11 and promotional reasons. Sad they dont have anything to actually show but I guess we ll see what they come up with. Also sad no Doom, Fallout, or ES stuff... just more teasers. We got a teaser for a teaser. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I guess we're all gonna be playing the waiting game. Since MK11 hasn't revealed many of the redesigns for the cast I'm not too excited yet. I'm very curious for the anime & DC licenses & hope they turn out as good as the Fortnite figures.I'll patiently wait for All Might. I would like to see McFarlane do something outside of the mainstream demographic for anime. Perhaps something along the lines of Hellsing Ultimate or other.

y alucard_ova_8.jpg

y alucard_ova_82.jpg

• FASVB unlocked this topic

Really excited to see what they do with DC.  I've got so many DC classics, but would consider an update on McFarlane if they look nice and have that articulation like those fortnite figures. 

Also, would really love a proper articulated Spawn figure.  Been considering getting that burnt spawn in the mcfarland fish tank on eBay.

ShartimusPrime talks to Todd McFarlane at the New York Toy Fair. They talk DC Multiverse, Spawn, articulation, art and more.

Check out images for all the product McFarlane Toys had on display at the New York Toy Fair in our GALLERY.

15 minutes ago, thegobletafiya said:

I'm excited for the Harry Potter figures, any one know when us common folk will see them?

LOL, I asked that very question yesterday to the McFarlane folks, the answer was as soon as the J. K. Rowling people let them :)

They did look good. The only actual figure we saw was Lord Voldemort based on the final movie. Looked really good, he will have a soft good robe and come with a really nicely detailed snake. The others shown where only images from the movie but they are Doing Harry, Ron, Hermione and a Dementor. All are based on the final movie. I am glad they went with the older versions of Harry and company as opposed to versions from the first movies.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, I asked that very question yesterday to the McFarlane folks, the answer was as soon as the J. K. Rowling people let them :)

They did look good. The only actual figure we saw was Lord Voldemort based on the final movie. Looked really good, he will have a soft good robe and come with a really nicely detailed snake. The others shown where only images from the movie but they are Doing Harry, Ron, Hermione and a Dementor. All are based on the final movie. I am glad they went with the older versions of Harry and company as opposed to versions from the first movies.

? I need those now! I like that they're doing the older versions too, since Figuarts is doing the younger incarnations. I hope we get a line as massive as the Black Series for Harry Potter, I need all of the Professors and the trio's friends and maybe a full scale train compartment or Ford Anglia. I think this will be the first toy line where I'll buy everything they'll put out.

I'm hoping the Scorpion and Sub-Zero figures save me from having to pay the secondary market price for storm collectibles versions. They most likely won't be as cool as the classic costumes, but I'm hoping for at least faithful depictions of the characters.

I picked up a couple of the GOT figures from Funko when they went to discount.  Not sure If I’ll chase the these McFarlane ones or not.  

I still need that Barb and Goblin King/David Bowie though.  

I’m always a little shocked that McFarlane doesn’t always have some type of consistent Spawn figures and/or merchandising out there.  Even if the line wasn’t selling well and he was loosing a little money on the figures themselves you’d think it would be worth it just to keep his IP out there in the market place and continue brand visibility and awareness for that IP.  

All this stuff amping up with McFarlane toys is making me wonder how much time he's gonna have to make that Spawn movie he said he was gonna do this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish they would’ve been able to showcase some early prototype DC stuff. But, it’s probably still way too early for that.

Forgot to mention, I’m really hyped for more of their Fortnite offerings... I’ve only picked up Cuddle Team Leader, thus far — per budgetary and availability of product concerns. But, I would definitely pick up more of them, in the future. And this, having no attachment to, or familiarity with, the actual game. Cuz those figures are just that dope!

In a prefect world, McFarlane's DC line will look like this:

Articulation of Hasbro Marvel Legends

Paint apps of Toybiz Marvel Legends

Depth of DC Universe Classics

I find my hopes getting higher and higher....

Also, there is a good chance that once the final season hits, my GOT fever will kick in and I pick up a few of the figures.  I saw and Aryia review and she looked good.

10 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

In a prefect world, McFarlane's DC line will look like this:

Articulation of Hasbro Marvel Legends

Paint apps of Toybiz Marvel Legends

Depth of DC Universe Classics

I find my hopes getting higher and higher....

I’d go along with all of that... Here’s hoping!