#NYTF19 - Super 7 Showroom Images

JayC

Shown below are images from the Super 7 showroom at the New York Toy Fair. Not shown but announced will be new 7" MOTC style Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Other characters getting this treatment are Conan which was on display.

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 1.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 2.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 3.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 4.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 5.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 6.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 7.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 8.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 9.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 10.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 11.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 12.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 13.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 14.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 15.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 16.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 17.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 18.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 19.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 20.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 21.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 22.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 23.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 24.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 25.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 26.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 27.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 28.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 29.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 30.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 31.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 32.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 33.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 34.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 35.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 36.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 37.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 38.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 39.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 40.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 41.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 42.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 43.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 44.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 45.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 46.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 47.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 48.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 49.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 50.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 51.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 52.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 53.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 54.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 55.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 56.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 57.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 58.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 59.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 60.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 61.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 62.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 63.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 64.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 65.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 66.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 67.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 68.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 69.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 70.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 71.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 72.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 73.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 74.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 75.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 76.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 77.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom 78.jpg

NYTF19-Super-7-Showroom.jpg

Well this is an ambitious & diverse line up for Super 7. Happy to see the MOTU Motion Picture He-Man & Skeletor. I'm hoping the released product of Prince Adam is satisfactory. That displayed Toxi & Voltron makes me hope that they can make a 7 inch Mazinger Z & other super robots from their Shogun Warriors license. With the licensing of TMNT, it seems they'll do 1987 styled designs but given the MOTU body I was kinda hoping this would mean toys of the 2003 version since NECA are already doing 1987 figures. I'm not sure what Super7 can bring to the table that NECA couldn't do, especially via retail releases. I just feel Super 7 would be more successful if they worked on TMNT 2003 since that iteration hasn't had anything new. 

2003 eyecatch.jpg

I am so over the moon about those 87 movie MOTU figures.  I stopped collecting and sold my figures a long time ago, but I always said if these ever got made I'd go back in.  I'm only getting movie related figures so I got Gwildor on BBTS.

I would be really excited about these figures if it wasnt for the fact that they are super 7 lately they've been having a bunch of quality control issues with their figures and for a company whose big items mainly work in a preorder case its really bad that almost everytime you preorder something based on their prototypes and once the figures come out they have been changed and are always for the worse its ok to have qc issues once in a while, but when it happens over 50% of the time and not only that, they sell you a sculpt and deliver a diferent scultp that is just bad.
Also is it just me or is the guy in the video with dan a little condecending, its one thing to have haters online and a whole different thing what happens with people complaining with Super 7's QC issues, I dont like how he shrugs off all their issues as people just wanting to complain, we all know the issues Motuc figures usually have and from the interview it seems like they dont really care to fix their problems and are chucking it off as people just wanting to complain for minor things when we all know that's not the case 

I'm really pleased with the MOTU '87 movie figures but honestly I think this should have been it's own line of figures (just like the Club Grayskull/Filmation figures) instead of being part of Classics.  Classics has a style and while these movie figures are great they don't really fit that style.  If Classics was the only line that existed then I wouldn't have seen this as an issue, but now that Club Grayskull exists which is a branch off line based on Filmation aesthetics  then this really seems like it likewise should have been a 3rd stylized line based on movie aesthetics.  Also if this was it's own line we could have had more appropriate packaging based on the source material like card backs that are more reminiscent of the look of the movie and perhaps even a slipcase cover (like what comes with the Filmation figures) that looks like a cover from the VHS tape. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, abnuggler said:

Also is it just me or is the guy in the video with dan a little condecending, its one thing to have haters online and a whole different thing what happens with people complaining with Super 7's QC issues, I dont like how he shrugs off all their issues as people just wanting to complain, we all know the issues Motuc figures usually have and from the interview it seems like they dont really care to fix their problems and are chucking it off as people just wanting to complain for minor things when we all know that's not the case 

I can definitely see how that came across that way.  If I'd never met Brian I would have probably said the same thing, that said having had some partial interaction with Brian for years now I don't think that was his intention.  I don't always agree with Brian, but for the most part I think he's trying to do the best job he can.  But he has a very straight forward "hey this is how it is" manner that's different than most "marketing directors" we see at the bigger companies.  Sometimes that approach works, sometimes it comes off the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, InspectorZartan said:

I can definitely see how that came across that way.  If I'd never met Brian I would have probably said the same thing, that said having had some partial interaction with Brian for years now I don't think that was his intention.  I don't always agree with Brian, but for the most part I think he's trying to do the best job he can.  But he has a very straight forward "hey this is how it is" manner that's different than most "marketing directors" we see at the bigger companies.  Sometimes that approach works, sometimes it comes off the wrong way. 

Ive never met him and he doesnt seem like one of those guys who cares little to nothing from their costumers but I think at least in my opinion when your selling something you have to be aware of your issues and accept them, maybe it was just this particular video but he did come across like he thought they had no issues really and all the critique as of late was just people trolling unsubstancially, which is not the case. When super 7 got the MOTU license from mattel I was really looking forward to it because I had seen they operated on a diferent note than mattel and most my problems with mattel were exactly these things, that mattel had qc issues and they almost never aknowledged their errors and their costumer service was awful, after a couple years I dont see much of an improvement with super 7 taking over, but thats just my opinion I guess. 

2 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Ive never met him and he doesnt seem like one of those guys who cares little to nothing from their costumers but I think at least in my opinion when your selling something you have to be aware of your issues and accept them, maybe it was just this particular video but he did come across like he thought they had no issues really and all the critique as of late was just people trolling unsubstancially, which is not the case. When super 7 got the MOTU license from mattel I was really looking forward to it because I had seen they operated on a diferent note than mattel and most my problems with mattel were exactly these things, that mattel had qc issues and they almost never aknowledged their errors and their costumer service was awful, after a couple years I dont see much of an improvement with super 7 taking over, but thats just my opinion I guess. 

I think part of it is just getting frustrated about the “hypothetical” complaints (as in I haven’t received figure xyz yet but I’m afraid when it arrived it might be screwed up in such and such ways).  I think Super7 has definitely had their issues and there are some decisions they’ve made that I strongly dislike, but that said I don’t think their intention is to be dismissive (but again I can certainly see how it could come across that way).  

• 2 weeks later...

That Toxie stole the show for me... never knew i would want that figure this much... now i just hope they add Major Disaster to the bunch and really looking forward to the TMNT line....Voltron was interesting too.

Really cannot wait for that Shadow Weaver... Got one preordered, and couldn’t be more excited to finally get her, as she’s easily a favorite MOTU character.

Hey, @JayC  did they say anything about the articulation on the Voltron figure? It doesn't look like there's any articulation in the legs, but I didn't know if they were going to add it later or if this is more of a statue figure than an action figure. 

• 2 weeks later...