#NYTF19 - NECA TOYS

FASVB

NECA's own Randy Falk talked with ShartimusPrime during last weekend's New York Toy Fair where he confirmed for us those 7" DC Comics vs Dark Horse Comics sets that were originally shown off three years ago would finally see release this year as SDCC and NYCC exclusives. There are three sets we know of which includes Superman Vs Alien, Batman Vs Joker Alien and Armored Batman vs Predator as well as a fourth set that has yet to be revealed. We will get two sets at SDCC and two likely at NYCC but we still don't know which sets will be released at which conventions or for how much. More details will be coming soon but Randy said in the interview a limited number would be made available online for non-convention attendees. These will be the final DC figures NECA does before things get handed off to McFarlane Toys in 2020.

For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Randy confirmed that a second wave of 6" figures were definitely coming Target stores which would include Rocksteady and Bebop that were on display during the NYTF and goes on to say they have somewhere around 18 other figures already in the pipeline which will be a mix of cartoon and movie figures. At San Diego Comic Con last year they showed off figures of Leatherhead, Slash, General Traag and Granitor.

Check out the entire interview with Randy below. Its a pretty interesting one.

Also check out images below of the 3 DC Comic sets that were shown off 3 years ago during Toy Fair as well as the as-of-yet unreleased TMNT figures NECA has shown off previously.

00-NECA-DC-00.jpg

00-NECA-DC-01.jpg

00-NECA-DC-02.jpg

00-NECA-DC-03.jpg

00-NECA-DC-04.jpg

00-NECA-DC-05.jpg

00-NECA-DC-06.jpg

00-NECA-DC-07.jpg

00-NECA-DC-08.jpg

00-NECA-DC-09.jpg

00-NECA-DC-10.jpg

00-NECA-DC-11.jpg

00-NECA-DC-12.jpg

00-NECA-DC-13.jpg

00-NECA-DC-14.jpg

00-NECA-DC-15.jpg

00-NECA-DC-16.jpg

00-NECA-DC-17.jpg

00-NECA-DC-18.jpg

00-NECA-DC-19.jpg

00-NECA-DC-20.jpg

00-NECA-DC-21.jpg

00-NECA-DC-22.jpg

00-NECA-DC-23.jpg

00-NECA-DC-24.jpg

00-NECA-DC-25.jpg

00-NECA-DC-26.jpg

00-NECA-DC-27.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-01.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-02.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-03.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-04.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-05.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-06.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-07.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-08.jpg

00-NECA-TMNT-09.jpg

27 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

I reelly liked those Dc vs DH sets, tbh I just wanted the supes and bats figs and while not a big TMNT fan but I was interesting in getting the Neca's turtles since Playmates isn't making any classic stuff anymore, but heck! everything is gonna be sold as exclusives, I guess they weren't for me, oh well.  :(

Yeah NECA still has a pretty narrow window on where and how they can sell TMNT stuff since they aren't the master toy license holder for the property, its getting better as Target is a pretty mass retailer but these I doubt well ever be done as a general release.

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Based on photos I’m seeing Facebook, the TMNT two-packs are already hitting shelves in some Targets. Locality unconfirmed.

3A5788DB-500E-4A4C-AEB7-4AE866E1095D.jpeg

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ve ever seen the NECA section looked that stocked around L.A.  Everytime I go in one the shelves and pegs are 90% bare.

1 hour ago, MisterSkeezler said:

It's too bad these set will be so difficult to get. They really were the best DC product I've seen in a while.

Agreed, the Supes would have probably become my go to Superman figure at least sculpt wise. As good as it looks I'm not gonna jump through hoops to get it due to it being a con exclusive.

1 hour ago, InspectorZartan said:

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ve ever seen the NECA section looked that stocked around L.A.  Everytime I go in one the shelves and pegs are 90% bare.

Same here, the ones on the East Coast are usually cleared out as well, the 4 in my immediate area at least.

I just bought a really good 1/12 scale Christopher Reeve head cast and I think that vs Aliens Superman would be a good fit (though Reeve would look more jacked than he ever did in the movies!)  I would love for NECA to be able to dive deeper into live action DC.  I'd take just about anything.

• 3 months later...