#NYTF19 - NECA TOYS

FASVB

We have the first teases for new TMNT figures Beebop and Rocksteady in animated style.  Soon more images of the Neca booth at the 2019 New York Toy Fair

Beebop.jpg

Rocksteady.jpg

• FASVB unlocked this topic

NECA’s Godzilla KOTM figures look amazing, definitely on par with Monsterarts and at a fraction of the price. Cannot wait to pick them up with G62 and G54 Poster Coloring. Great year to be a Godzilla collector!

To help you guys navigate through all of those great products @PixelDan goes through the booth with Randy Falk and talks about all the goodies

• Like 1

I love when NECA does the stuff from the 70s. Planet of the Apes, Alien, and now even Bob Ross. I am really digging Parker for my Alien collection. Can't wait for that one. I am hoping that one day NECA will round out that decade with some offerings from the original Battlestar Galactice and Space 1999. I mean,come on,they are putting out much more obscure things from other less collectible franchises. One day,fingers crossed.

I wonder what is all the secret about. "Stuff that never had action figures before".  Could be anything. Whatever it is will be great product. Guess we will see at SDCC. 

The Bob Ross figures is probably my favorite reveal of the show. I was expecting to see most of the other stuff. I knew we'd be getting more horror, Aliens, Predator-- and the Turtles were revealed a dew days before the show (even earlier if you saw the leaked Instagram post), but that Bob Ross came from out of nowhere!

I still watch him on Netflix all the time, and I grew up watching him, too!

I love that they included his easel and a painting with all of those paint bushes, too! ("...beat the devil out of it")

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

I wonder what is all the secret about. "Stuff that never had action figures before".  Could be anything. Whatever it is will be great product. Guess we will see at SDCC. 

If it's a gaming license, I've been hoping they're referring to Sly Cooper since there's been talks of a television series recently & potential remastered treatment like Crash & Spyro.

Thieves in Time cast dmitri.jpg

Honor among thieves.png

16 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

If it's a gaming license, I've been hoping they're referring to Sly Cooper since there's been talks of a television series recently & potential remastered treatment like Crash & Spyro.

Thieves in Time cast dmitri.jpg

Honor among thieves.png

That would be great, altho kind of weird if they do a remaster since it technically got an hd version of the trilogy last generation. Crash and Spyro havent had a revamp ever and both those series were so terrible once Activision got their hands on them. I cant think of a bad Sly game that wasnt true to the series. There have been talks for a show for a while now tho, which i think is actually in limbo sadly. But figs would be amazing. 

• Like 1

Those bebop and rocksteady figures are great, but I have the sdcc collector case set and it's in storage, not sure I should cave and get it to have the set for when I ultimately move, or pass and save some cash.

Im definetely going to try and get my hands on the TMNT 2 packs, I wasnt able to get the SDCC set so those packs are well recieved, that and the fact that neca said that if the first wave of 2-packs does well they are already planning on a 2nd wave with beebop, rocksteady (both looking amazing) and more figures (hopefully we'll see Casey, Splinter, April, Slash and Baxter in that second wave). Im excited for neca to do more of these figures

That Alpha Predator is as good as bought. I'm also pretty ecstatic about Parker. The rumor from a Twitter post from Randy is that Brett could be coming as well.

I hope the TMNT business does well for them, because I would love some realistic versions of Bebop and Rocksteady (and Krang) to go with the movie turtles and Shredder.

It's a toss up but I think NECA probably overall had the top showing this year.  Super7 came close to taking the top spot for me but I think NECA beats them by a nose.  Hasbro was also exciting but that's mostly a matter of quantity and not so much about exciting news or diversity of offerings.