#NYTF19 - DC COLLECTIBLES

FASVB

So far we only have these 3 new figures that come as a surprise since we have never heard that they were planning on expanding the Bruce Timm animated series look to other characters. Bellow we have Azrael, Deathstroke and Red Hood. We hope to talk to Jim Fletcher for more details on these.

Azrael.jpg

Deathstroke.jpg

Red Hood.jpg

• Like 1

• FASVB unlocked this topic

I’m so glad to see we’re getting more Batman product!

Let’s see... Marvel has Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men, Guardians, the FF, Punisher, Daredevil... and then DC has Batman! So it’s pretty even.

—A Sarcastic Superman Fan

• Like 1

That's crazy. I didnt see this coming but I love the idea of putting out new characters in the timvurse style. I'm just still holding out hope that they will release the jailhouse 5 pack individually. Especially poison ivy, I want that figure so bad but I cant drop 500 bills to get 1 figure that I'm interested in.

DC Collectibles also set up a ring for their luchadores.

They also kept some surprises for today...call it BTAS Expanded Universe if you will. 

Lucha Explosiva.jpg

BTAS Dark Knight.jpg

I really like the red hood batman animated series version ! That's a buy for me !  I am torn about the Dc Essentials though  because I like some of the figures but I would really love if it had more accessories. If they made a accessories pack I would so buy it and jump on DC Essentials line ! 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, FASVB said:

So far we only have these 3 new figures that come as a surprise since we have never heard that they were planning on expanding the Bruce Timm animated series look to other characters. Bellow we have Azrael, Deathstroke and Red Hood. We hope to talk to Jim Fletcher for more details on these.

Azrael.jpg

Deathstroke.jpg

Red Hood.jpg

This has me so stoked! I love the idea of expanding the Timmverse. Some of the other characters they showed look like they had updated the articulation maybe for the better. The animated figures they showed look so slick just posed in museum poses too. 
I REALLY want them to go deeper in the Superman Animated Series if they keep improving the look of these figures like they show here. 
It kind of makes you wonder what went wrong with their Justice League figures that were exclusives. The figures here look so much nicer. 

Well guys...no Jim Fletcher this year unfortunately, but still, @PixelDan got a walkthrough the DC Collectibles booth. Come check it out! 

To the BTAS fans out there pay attention to the new articulation scheme incorporated to the new figures.  I didn't noticed that yesterday and, man I am excited! 

It wouldn't be DC Collectibles Walkthrough without the great Jim Fletcher!

Thanks JayC!

I dont collect statues and it seems DCC is slowly moving away from figures to making just statues, I was hoping to see more of the essentials wave, those lucha libre figures look nice but not really my thing.

DC Collectibles has released a press release about expanding their products into Walmart stores with new mini Batman Black & White figure blind bags.

DC Collectibles, the award-winning line of collectibles, is bringing its acclaimed BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE statue line to Walmart stores as 4" mini-figures. The new figures are direct transformations of the company’s acclaimed 9"-scale figures and feature designs from many world-renowned artists including Jim Lee, Bruce Timm, Amanda Conner, Darwyn Cooke and many more.

“BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE is DC Collectibles’ longest-running statue line and continues to be one of our best-sellers,” said Jim Fletcher, executive creative director at DC Collectibles. “The line allows us to work with a wide array of talented artists from different industries, and we’re really excited to revisit our favorite designs in this all-new 4" scale!”

Walmart’s exclusive DC Collectibles program also offers something unique for fans: the thrill of chance. Fans purchasing these BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE figures at Walmart will find each in an exclusive, individual blind bag next to DC’s Comic Giants. DC Collectibles will release new figures every other month in waves of six, giving fans a wide selection and increasing the surprise factor for finding their favorite Batman characters.

The first waves of DC Collectibles BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE 4" figures heading to Walmart stores include:

February 2019:
Batman by Amanda Connor
Batman by Darwyn Cooke
Batman by Jason Fabok
Batman by Patrick Gleason
Batman by Frank Quitely
Batman by Dick Sprang

April 2019:
Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
Robin by Frank Quitely
Batman by Mike Allred
Batman by John Romita Jr.
Batman by Gary Frank
Batman by Eduardo Risso

June 2019
The Joker by Jim Lee
Batman by Dustin Nguyen
Batman by Mike Mignola
Batman by Sean “Cheeks” Galloway
Batman from Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman by Jim Lee

August 2019
Penguin by Brian Bolland
Robin by Carmine Infantino
Batman by Carmine Infantino
Batman by Chris Uminga
Batman by Jae Lee
Batman by Brian Bolland

The Walmart exclusive BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE figures are priced at an MSRP of $5.00 each. The figures are available in more than 3,000 participating Walmart retailers in the United States.

Fans wanting to purchase each wave at once can find all six BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE mini-figures as a box set at participating comic book shops beginning in May. This direct market version will feature an additional, exclusive seventh figure in each set.

Check out images of all the DC Collectibles products on display at the NYTF  in our GALLERY!

That Cheetah looks excellent, but Wonder Woman...does not. It's a shame that they just can't get her right in this line (and I'm still sore about the DCFilms Wonder Woman never being released, even as a one-off when her solo movie was on fire). Cyborg Superman looks awesome as well.

Has Green Lantern dropped off the map? We haven't seen him in a while. Seems like he got bumped for Joker and Harley.

I'm glad to see the Batman Animated line is continuing.  Outside of that I'm not sure I was over the top excited about anything they showed this year.  The Cheetah/Wonder Woman and Cyborg/Superman will be a buy, but I'm just not sure how much I expect from this essentials line.  I'd be more excited about it if I felt more certain that the line had legs. 

• 3 weeks later...

DC Collectibles is slowly dying for me. They put out more statues than figures for me and as cool as the essentials line is it’s just too big and too expensive for each figure. $27 is just too much for a 7” figure and most of them to only come with a minimum of one accessory. Wish they kept going with Icons and just added an extra half inch to them.