New York Toy Fair 2019 - General Discussion: Predictions

FASVB

Alright guys. Here we can talk about any expectations that you might have about this event, predictions and what have you.

Talk freely, but be civil. 

Go!

So a few leaks have been popping up here and there. 

Yesterday was for Marvel Legends. If you are interested, be sure to head to our Marvelous News Message Boards where we will also be covering all the Marvel related products.

Early this morning we got a leak of a few new figures for what it could be the last wave of DC Multiverse figures from Mattel. 

If you don't recall, from 2020 moving forward McFarlane toys will be making the DC figures.

About the leak. As you guys can see, it seems to be a Batman based wave of figures featuring Batman himself in a Keaton inspired suit alongside classic foes, The Joker, The Riddler and a BTAS inspired Poison Ivy.

In a post on his Instagram, Jason Langston, a former toy designer for Mattel that was involved in a lot of the DC Multiverse figures mentioned that some of these would be a homage to the older Toybiz figures. 

I guess we have to wait and see. 

The Mattel official coverage will be on Monday, but if any news pop we will be posting here.

20190216_101227.jpg

God, I´m hoping on a Resident Evil announcement from NECA. The franchise deserves some more figures (especially since the 2nd hand prices are sky high on the old ones).

Also excited about that Overwatch line from Hasbro. I´m hoping to see some more Blizz product tbh, they have great lore and great characters over multiple IP´s

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

So a few leaks have been popping up here and there. 

Yesterday was for Marvel Legends. If you are interested, be sure to head to our Marvelous News Message Boards where we will also be covering all the Marvel related products.

Early this morning we got a leak of a few new figures for what it could be the last wave of DC Multiverse figures from Mattel. 

If you don't recall, from 2020 moving forward McFarlane toys will be making the DC figures.

About the leak. As you guys can see, it seems to be a Batman based wave of figures featuring Batman himself in a Keaton inspired suit alongside classic foes, The Joker, The Riddler and a BTAS inspired Poison Ivy.

In a post on his Instagram, Jason Langston, a former toy designer for Mattel that was involved in a lot of the DC Multiverse figures mentioned that some of these would be a homage to the older Toybiz figures. 

I guess we have to wait and see. 

The Mattel official coverage will be on Monday, but if any news pop we will be posting here.

20190216_101227.jpg

Nice! Of course we're against the wall as it were, so I just hope these actually make it out.

Now I have a little tease from Diamond Select Toys. If you guys reember a few months ago they have announced that they would be making statues, minimates and select figures from the Bruce Lee movies.

The have showed the minimates and one statue, but so far no select figure. Until now.

On their Instagram they have showed the preview for one of their first fully articulated 7 inch scale figures. From the Game of Death Movie. As you can see is the meso articulated figure that Diamond has ever made. I really hope that this gets into production. 

The DST coverage will be tomorrow, so stay tuned for more information and hopefully an interview with Zach Oates to show all the amazing products they have on display.

d8ca7efc-38aa-4e71-9cf4-f9790102d9bc.jpg

are we going to see mcfarlane toys? is there new stuff going to be shown tomorrow (sunday)? I feel like this was a preview day with some of the companies. 

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

are we going to see mcfarlane toys? is there new stuff going to be shown tomorrow (sunday)? I feel like this was a preview day with some of the companies. 

I will have to check. They made their presentation yesterday and Todd himself talked a lot about our concerns regarding the DC line. Check the video . There will be an interview tomorrow. So stay tuned.

• JayC unpinned this topic