Jump to content
JayC

NECA TMNT 6" Animated Series 2-Packs Coming To Target

Recommended Posts

Until the secondary prices come down, or someone in Canada picks up the distribution for these up north I have a feeling we'll be SOL on these for a while in the great white north. Hard not to appreciate good work when you see it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sprunt said:

Until the secondary prices come down, or someone in Canada picks up the distribution for these up north I have a feeling we'll be SOL on these for a while in the great white north. Hard not to appreciate good work when you see it though. 

Keep the faith. It wasn't so far back they said these bad-boys couldn't be released to retail at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked two targets yesterday and no sign of them. In fact between the two stores they maybe had a total of 8 NECA figures on shelf period. The Targets around here seem to devote most of that shelf space to Funko POP stuff followed by Stranger Things stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JayC said:

I checked two targets yesterday and no sign of them. In fact between the two stores they maybe had a total of 8 NECA figures on shelf period. The Targets around here seem to devote most of that shelf space to Funko POP stuff followed by Stranger Things stuff.

Yea, not sure where, but this picture was posted on NECA’s Facebook page. Some of the Targets are getting stocked now, keep an eye for them. I’m in Maryland and haven’t seen anything in my area.

C8B4D66C-3401-4D78-B9A7-8113C028F9FD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, not sure where, but this picture was posted on NECA’s Facebook page. Some of the Targets are getting stocked now, keep an eye for them. I’m in Maryland and haven’t seen anything in my area.

C8B4D66C-3401-4D78-B9A7-8113C028F9FD.jpeg

Yeah IDK where that is either, probably somewhere in Jersey where NECA is located but in Maryland I've never seen the Targets stocked like that with NECA stuff. One barely has anything but a couple headknockers and the other initially was ok stocked but since that original stocking they have been overrun with Funko POP. The problem I think is that NECA doesn't have the manpower to send people out to all the different Target's to keep them stocked, hence why they tried that ambassador program thing a few months ago, but not sure how effective that has been. I'm sure there are Targets in some places that are fairly well stocked but my guess is there more stores out there that aren't as there are those that are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah IDK where that is either, probably somewhere in Jersey where NECA is located but in Maryland I've never seen the Targets stocked like that with NECA stuff. One barely has anything but a couple headknockers and the other initially was ok stocked but since that original stocking they have been overrun with Funko POP. The problem I think is that NECA doesn't have the manpower to send people out to all the different Target's to keep them stocked, hence why they tried that ambassador program thing a few months ago, but not sure how effective that has been. I'm sure there are Targets in some places that are fairly well stocked but my guess is there more stores out there that aren't as there are those that are.

Completely agree, I have about 5 Targets in my area that I can check without traveling a significant distance. Out of the 5, only one had a significant amount of NECA product. The other 4 have been very limited and are rarely restocked. I have been participating in the Ambassador Program, but have no info on whether it’s been effective or not. I just take my weekly pictures and email them to NECA. Hopefully it results in something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamestop  / EB Games up here is supposed to carry NECA, mainly the horror stuff, but on average they have 1 figure on a shelf turned sideways. And that’s one figure with only one of them. Not even multiples of the same. Toys R Us near me stopped carrying all their stuff, and only one collectibles store carries anything but all they have is peg warmers from the Aliens line from years ago. Only way to get stuff is eBay or paying duties & currency exchange to order from BBTS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JayC, you were right. That picture was confirmed to be of a Target in New Jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from a Target employee, that a lot if not all of the NECA products are coming in as Electronics products not toys, they also told me that boxes come in with a message not to put to the floor instead set aside and wait for a NECA representative to come in and do them, don't know how true all of that is or if applies to every location but it lines up with the lack of product in most Targets and the ambassador program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happened here? I thought Playmates refused to let NECA release turtles in this scale, except for conventions, because they don’t want the competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I heard from a Target employee, that a lot if not all of the NECA products are coming in as Electronics products not toys, they also told me that boxes come in with a message not to put to the floor instead set aside and wait for a NECA representative to come in and do them, don't know how true all of that is or if applies to every location but it lines up with the lack of product in most Targets and the ambassador program.

That sounds plausible, NECA recently changed the dates of submitting pictures of their shelving area for the Ambassador Program. It use to be Monday - Wednesday, not it’s Wednesday - Friday. Claimed they were changing the merchandizer day to fall in line with the information and findings that have resulted from the program. Not sure what that means exactly, but it seems to support @Belmont13‘s comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NECA does do their own shelf stocking, not the Target employees. It was the same for their stuff at TRU. I don't know what the reasoning is behind that but it is true and IMO part of the problem because NECA doesn't have the manpower in place to keep every Target store stocked well. This again is why they started the ambassador program to basically get their fans to try help them keep up.

As for Playmates, I guess NECA finally wore Nickelodeon (who is the license holder for TMNT) down to let them sell at places like Target and Gamestop. If you watch our interview with Randy that was done by ShartimusPrime, Randy talks about it. Basically saying because Playmates stuff isnt sold in Gamestops and at Target they are in a completely different section of the store they were able to get away with it, that and the fact Playmates seems to have no interest in making stuff geared for adult collectors, probably because they can't sell that stuff in the volumes they are accustomed to with the regular stuff from the modern cartoons and movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JayC said:

NECA does do their own shelf stocking, not the Target employees. It was the same for their stuff at TRU. I don't know what the reasoning is behind that but it is true and IMO part of the problem because NECA doesn't have the manpower in place to keep every Target store stocked well. This again is why they started the ambassador program to basically get their fans to try help them keep up.

As for Playmates, I guess NECA finally wore Nickelodeon (who is the license holder for TMNT) down to let them sell at places like Target and Gamestop. If you watch our interview with Randy that was done by ShartimusPrime, Randy talks about it. Basically saying because Playmates stuff isnt sold in Gamestops and at Target they are in a completely different section of the store they were able to get away with it, that and the fact Playmates seems to have no interest in making stuff geared for adult collectors, probably because they can't sell that stuff in the volumes they are accustomed to with the regular stuff from the modern cartoons and movies.

That’s crazy that they stocked the shelves themselves, there’s no way a company their size could operate on that level effectively. The ambassador program makes a lot more sense now, it’s basically NECA HQ checking to see how well they could stock the shelves on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really sucks them being the only ones who stock the shelves, you run into the situation of the store having the product you are looking for but being in the back waiting for someone from NECA to put it on the shelf; then you have to hope that an employee knows what you are talking about when you ask about said product and hoping you find someone willing to look in the back and bringing it out to you could purchase it.  By the way I'm not 100% certain but I believe this is the DCPI for the sets 323-07-0236.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly optimistic about finding these.  It seems NECA stuff is fairly well stocked at my Targets.  I just bought a T-800 Terminator that I think is pretty sweet.  Their movie Turtle gamestop figures are some of the best figures I own.

The only bad experience I've had with NECA is their Christopher Reeve Superman snapping apart straight out of the package.  That was a big disappointment for me, but I'm willing to give them a second shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yojoebro82 said:

I'm fairly optimistic about finding these.  It seems NECA stuff is fairly well stocked at my Targets.  I just bought a T-800 Terminator that I think is pretty sweet.  Their movie Turtle gamestop figures are some of the best figures I own.

The only bad experience I've had with NECA is their Christopher Reeve Superman snapping apart straight out of the package.  That was a big disappointment for me, but I'm willing to give them a second shot.

Target is still a relatively new market for NECA and they’re working the bigs out after losing TRU, their main distributor. So like you, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that this stocking matter will improve. 1 out of the 5 Targets in my area is very well stocked with past NECA items (Horror, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Gremlins, Godzilla, etc.). It just hasn’t put out any of the new stuff that’s been seen in New Jersey.

I believe their common QC issues have improved as well due to some changes made with the factories they use. Time will tell if this is a lasting improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yojoebro82 said:

I'm fairly optimistic about finding these.  It seems NECA stuff is fairly well stocked at my Targets.  I just bought a T-800 Terminator that I think is pretty sweet.  Their movie Turtle gamestop figures are some of the best figures I own.

Same here. I haven't had any trouble finding Neca figures at either of my preferred Targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spotted them at a few Targets in my area. They seem to be selling quickly. I don't know how much re-stock they'll get. But, if Target is smart (because I'm sure NECA will keep making more if Target wants 'em), they'll understand that this is an evergreen product.

I have the comic versions of the Turtles and Foot Clan-- and those are the ones I like most since I originated as a fan of the comics. But, these are tempting-- especially with more figures in the pipeline! But, damn, almost $230 for the set after tax? That's a big chunk of change to dish out at once. I really wish that they had staggered the release of these sets. $230 could go towards a lot of other big purchase stuff for my collection!

If these don't stick around long enough for me to finally cave in and start buying them, I'm just going to stick with my comic Turtles as I'm more than happy with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 8:56 AM, JayC said:

Yeah IDK where that is either, probably somewhere in Jersey where NECA is located but in Maryland I've never seen the Targets stocked like that with NECA stuff. 

My nearest Target is usually pretty well stocked with the Neca stuff. Whenever I'm in the store I usually stop by and check out what they have. I swear one of these days I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of those Jason Voohees figures.

This is also the only store in the state of Arkansas (again, not much of a state) where I've been able to find DC Multiverse figures. Haven't gone by to check for the Turtles yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On what planet is this a good business strategy by NECA? You make a product people want, but you dont have a direct-to-consumer e-commerce option for people to buy it? Instead you sign a exclusive distribution deal with Target that you cant possibly fullfill..... NECA needs to fire their senior management. Hasbro can get away with this strategy bcs they are constantly pumping out product that people want..... this is the only product from NECA that I am interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augustus1001 said:

On what planet is this a good business strategy by NECA? You make a product people want, but you dont have a direct-to-consumer e-commerce option for people to buy it? Instead you sign a exclusive distribution deal with Target that you cant possibly fullfill..... NECA needs to fire their senior management. Hasbro can get away with this strategy bcs they are constantly pumping out product that people want..... this is the only product from NECA that I am interested in.

NECA ‘s business plan is clearly just as good as their quality control :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great figures, though it was hard shelling out 208 plus tax at one time for all of them. I know $25 is the average price per figure nowadays, but it adds up quick when you're buying 8 figures at once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, JayC said:

NECA does do their own shelf stocking, not the Target employees. It was the same for their stuff at TRU. I don't know what the reasoning is behind that but it is true and IMO part of the problem because NECA doesn't have the manpower in place to keep every Target store stocked well. This again is why they started the ambassador program to basically get their fans to try help them keep up.

As for Playmates, I guess NECA finally wore Nickelodeon (who is the license holder for TMNT) down to let them sell at places like Target and Gamestop. If you watch our interview with Randy that was done by ShartimusPrime, Randy talks about it. Basically saying because Playmates stuff isnt sold in Gamestops and at Target they are in a completely different section of the store they were able to get away with it, that and the fact Playmates seems to have no interest in making stuff geared for adult collectors, probably because they can't sell that stuff in the volumes they are accustomed to with the regular stuff from the modern cartoons and movies.

I remember hearing about the ambassador program here when it first launched but has there been any updates on how the program is actually doing?  

For my two cents that seemed like a program bound to fail. Putting aside the free labor issue just on its own merits it seemed like it was asking too much while rewarding to little.  For instance if I recall correctly they wanted the ambassador to commit that they would go to the store every single week 52 weeks a year and go on the exact same day of the week everytime (so what if someone is going on vacation out of town, or what if someone most weeks is free to go on Wednesday but occasionally finds it more convenient to go on Tuesday or Thursday).  It seemed to me that if they want people to work for free they needed to have a bit more flexibility.  Like if someone is committing to go do this every week for free they need to be given the flexibility to pick whichever day that week is most convenient instead of being tied down to one specific day every single week.  

Secondly if I recall the only benefit of signing up was that you’d be entered in a drawing with a chance to win credit towards a NECA purchase.  Again that seems like a benefit that won’t carry much motivation.  I mean you are making a 52 week commitment and at the end of those 52 weeks you may not win anything.  Seems to me the program should have had some sort of guaranteed benefit such as for every 10 weeks you follow your commitment by visiting the store you get a $10 NECA store credit. Then on top of that you also have a drawing for a bigger prize.  

So my guess was they’d probably get a  fair amount of people signing up in the beginning but then after a couple of months after those people start to realize it’s a) a hassle to have to go to the store every single week on the exact same day rain or shine, and other life commitments be damned, and b) after a couple of months of that hassle they still hadn’t won anything yet, that most would drop out or fall out of the program.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thus far of the 3 Targets I visit frequently (West Hollywood, Downtown L.A., and Culver City) I’ve only seen the Turtles stocked once first thing in the morning and then An hour later when I walked by that section again they were gone.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE