NECA TMNT 6" Animated Series 2-Packs Coming To Target

JayC

I don't know about everyone else, but my area has been stripped bare of these for the last week. Not sure if more are coming, but if Target and NECA are using their heads (since the future of the line lies in everyone getting the actual Turtles themselves), they will keep a good and steady production of these original four 2-Packs. No one is just going to want Beebop and Rocksteady-- or other future "side characters" is they can't get (or weren't find or afford-- all at once--) the Turtles of Shredder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrenadierStinny said:

I don't know about everyone else, but my area has been stripped bare of these for the last week. Not sure if more are coming, but if Target and NECA are using their heads (since the future of the line lies in everyone getting the actual Turtles themselves), they will keep a good and steady production of these original four 2-Packs. No one is just going to want Beebop and Rocksteady-- or other future "side characters" is they can't get (or weren't find or afford-- all at once--) the Turtles of Shredder.

The problem is that when stores get them it seems like its only 1 or 2 cases per store which basically means 1 or 2 sets per store. It doesn't help that they aren't being made available on Target's website and have become gold for scalpers which means they will be there the moment stores put them out to grab em up. I agree that logically you would think stores would at least stock this first wave well and perhaps eventually they will, but so far I am not seeing it.

I went to three Target stores in the DFW area today, no NECA product in sight.... As much as I really wanted these, I am done chasing them. I won't be buying them unless they make them available online or some kind-hearted person on here is willing to trust a complete stranger and pick them up and ship them to me for a extra $100. At $50 x 4  = $200, this is meant for adult collectors. Mom's are not going to be picking these up for their kids... too expensive. Really blows my mind that they have chosen such a stupid distribution strategy.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:52 AM, JayC said:

The problem is that when stores get them it seems like its only 1 or 2 cases per store which basically means 1 or 2 sets per store. It doesn't help that they aren't being made available on Target's website and have become gold for scalpers which means they will be there the moment stores put them out to grab em up. I agree that logically you would think stores would at least stock this first wave well and perhaps eventually they will, but so far I am not seeing it.

The problem with this though is big box retailers don’t know what they have and don’t know the difference between one turtle figure and another thus if the stores still have even a couple of the 4 Turtles sets in stock they’ll never order the next case with Bebop and Rocksteady.  So thus if Target was able to keep  the Turtles in stock that would be good for the sake of a new buyer being able to get the main 4 but bad because so long as they stay in stock the store won’t order any more cases even if those cases have different figures that would sell quickly.  

I am completely insane and gave up buying figures for Lent (usually it's alcohol).  Not a very opportune time seeing as how these things are on the verge of hitting stores.

The real test will be if I see these in stores.  Will I be able to pass them up?  Will they still be available in 40 days?  Time will tell.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, yojoebro82 said:

I am completely insane and gave up buying figures for Lent (usually it's alcohol).  Not a very opportune time seeing as how these things are on the verge of hitting stores.

The real test will be if I see these in stores.  Will I be able to pass them up?  Will they still be available in 40 days?  Time will tell.

Well if you’re lucky maybe it will be around 40 days when the market damand for these die off and they end up hanging out on shelves in high numbers.  

I’m not even looking for these (I already have the SDCC set) but I’ve been really keeping an eye out on these and still have only seen them once (and that one time they were gone within minutes).  That’s got me worried about how difficult future waves (which I will need) will be to get—especially Bebop and Rocksteady since those 2 will definetely be in demand.  

On 3/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, thegobletafiya said:

I have a friend obsessed with finding these. The distribution is...strange. Hopefully later waves fix these issues, I can't even call or ask an employee in store about them- no one knows anything. 

I think since NECA stocks these themselves there is an even wider knowledge gap than usual with the store knowing what these are and rather or not they are available.