Sign in to follow this  
JayC

6" Karate Kid Figures Coming From Icon Heroes

Looks like NECA isn't the only one getting in on The Karate Kid action as Icon Heroes has announced they are doing 6" action figures based on the original movie. The first two figures they are doing are Daniel Larusso and Johnny Lawrence. The figures will feature 29 points of articulation and include additional heads & hands. Check out the image below.
1 of 1

I guess this is pretty cool... Especially given the popularity of the Kobra Kai series, which was all kinds of awesome.

I''ll be waiting for Mr. Miyagi.

Now we are talking!

The neca ones are great, but out of scale for me

Do we know the price point or any other release information? 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, EDGE said:

These are looking pretty good, but I’ve never heard of this company before. 

I think they mostly do Statues and busts—or at least that’s what I know them for (I have a couple of statues they’ve made for the Thundercats and the MOTU line).  They also always have a booth at SDCC that is right between NECA and Mezco.  

Updated info and images for these from Icon Heroes:

The Karate Kid Daniel Larusso Action Figure
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Daniel Larusso action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $39.99

The Karate Kid Johnny Lawrence Action Figure
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Johnny Lawrence action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $39.99

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-01.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-02.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-03.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-04.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-05.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-06.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-07.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-08.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-09.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-10.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-01.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-02.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-03.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-04.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-05.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-06.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-07.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-08.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-09.jpg

These look pretty good but $40 each seems a bit expensive for 6" figures IMO.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Totally agree. The figures look very cool but 40 bucks is way too high. 30 would be more acceptable.

When I first saw these, the only thing I could think of was Shang Chi custom but at that price, nah.

Nice looking figures, Karate Kid was a big part of my childhood, still its not really something I ever thought I needed foor my collection, specially for $40 each.

I admit, I’m warming to the look of these... But, that price point can go *bleep* itself.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:31 AM, JayC said:

That’s my feeling.  I’m going to keep an eye on them to see if the price ever drops, but at $40 I think they’re a pass.  

Well.. People are paying 60-90 for Mafex, Figma, SHF figures, which are even smaller than 6 inch, and sometimes aren't always that superior in quality, so I guess it depends how good figures will be.