6" Karate Kid Figures Coming From Icon Heroes

JayC

Looks like NECA isn't the only one getting in on The Karate Kid action as Icon Heroes has announced they are doing 6" action figures based on the original movie. The first two figures they are doing are Daniel Larusso and Johnny Lawrence. The figures will feature 29 points of articulation and include additional heads & hands. Check out the image below.
1 of 1

I guess this is pretty cool... Especially given the popularity of the Kobra Kai series, which was all kinds of awesome.

Do we know the price point or any other release information? 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, EDGE said:

These are looking pretty good, but I’ve never heard of this company before. 

I think they mostly do Statues and busts—or at least that’s what I know them for (I have a couple of statues they’ve made for the Thundercats and the MOTU line).  They also always have a booth at SDCC that is right between NECA and Mezco.  

• 2 weeks later...

Updated info and images for these from Icon Heroes:

The Karate Kid Daniel Larusso Action Figure
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Daniel Larusso action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $39.99

The Karate Kid Johnny Lawrence Action Figure
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Johnny Lawrence action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $39.99

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-01.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-02.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-03.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-04.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-05.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-06.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-07.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-08.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-09.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Daniel-Larusso-10.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-01.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-02.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-03.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-04.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-05.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-06.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-07.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-08.jpg

The-Karate-Kid-Johnny-Lawrence-09.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:

These look pretty good but $40 each seems a bit expensive for 6" figures IMO.

Totally agree. The figures look very cool but 40 bucks is way too high. 30 would be more acceptable.

Nice looking figures, Karate Kid was a big part of my childhood, still its not really something I ever thought I needed foor my collection, specially for $40 each.

I admit, I’m warming to the look of these... But, that price point can go *bleep* itself.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:31 AM, JayC said:

These look pretty good but $40 each seems a bit expensive for 6" figures IMO.

That’s my feeling.  I’m going to keep an eye on them to see if the price ever drops, but at $40 I think they’re a pass.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The folks at Icon Heroes send word that their upcoming Karate Kid action figures are finally in production and sent along updated images for them.

THE KARATE KID DANIEL LARUSSO ACTION FIGURE - AVAILABLE 4TH QUARTER 2020
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Daniel Larusso action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $40

THE KARATE KID JOHNNY LAWRENCE ACTION FIGURE - AVAILABLE 4TH QUARTER 2020
Icon Heroes presents the 6-inch scale Johnny Lawrence action figure from the classic film The Karate Kid. This fully poseable action figure features 29 points of articulation and includes three interchangeable heads and six interchangeable hands. Relive the excitement of the All-Valley Tournament!
SRP $40

You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

I completely agree on Super 7. I don't buy them either. These will undoubtedly look worse when they release too. Mcfarlane, Neca, Hasbro, Mattel all turn out better looking product at almost half the cost. No matter how you cut it, these KK figures are not worth $40. Limiting your run doesnt justify gouging.

40 bucks!?! Get real

It was bad enough when all these delusional rack-toy producers decided they could make action figures and play with the big boys. Now they all think by slapping a ridiculous price tag on them, and billing them as "Adult Collector" toys they'll become the next Fortune 500 company.

I suspected $40 would be the price point based on Icon Heroes other products.  They’ve put out some good product over the years (I feel like they live more in the statue/collectible space than they do in the action figure space) but that said I think $40 is going to be too high for me personally for this particular franchise.  There’s too many other things on my list to collect and budget for.